• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

bender

What time is it?
Going to wait on impressions. TWD is definitely an outlier for my enjoyment of TellTale's efforts.

Karu

Going to wait on impressions. TWD is definitely an outlier for my enjoyment of TellTale's efforts.
Same for me. And even then I thought TWD was only okay-ish. Pretty underwhelming to be honest. If I pick it up, I'll do it early during ep 1 or 2 though. The 'buy all,play all'-approach doesn't work for me, since it decreases my motivation to replay the episodes.

NeoGiff

I've had Fables #1 lying around unread for two months, I think this surprisingly impending release will finally give me the motivation to delve in!

megalowho

Excited for this one. Having enjoyed Telltale's output since Bone to varying degrees I'm very interested to see what that company does post-TWD (which felt like them punching above their weight in many respects). No real affinity for Fables going in, though the art style alone is promising. Hoping for the best!

PFD

Wow awesome gifs in the OP. looking forward to this game, even though I've never heard of the comic.

JeTmAn81

I am a huge Fables fan and I loved the Walking Dead game, so I'm definitely interested in this. However, I may hold off as I ended up paying full price buying TWD episode by episode only to see it go for much cheaper immediately after the release concluded.

netguy503

I would buy this if I could buy a season pass for my PS4 as only the first episode will be out while I still have a PS3.

RetroMG

I didn't realize that it was so close. Just ordered it on Steam. Started reading the comic when I heard Telltale was doing a game, and it's freaking amazing.

MNC

I want to live this like I love 50% of the other TellTale games, but that's the thing. The TellTale games are either superb or pretty bad. I'll hold off for a bit...

Nakayumi

For those thinking of buying it on PC, it's 25% off at Greenman Gaming if you use the voucher code GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ. (Will expire in an hour or so though, but a new code may apply.)

I am still on the fence, but I think I will bite, as €17,- is a pretty good price for 5 episodes, and previews seem to suggest the game will be good enough. Not sure if it'll reach TWD levels, but I love the artstyle and setting.

Edit: not sure if GMG sells it with a Steam code.

So is this coming this week?

I admit this has really creep up on me, but I'm down for anything Telltale. I just hope it's more technically stable than TWD.

Cheddahz

Banned
I still have the $20 from the GTAV promo and I'm sick of waiting for Soul Calibur II HD to show up on XBLA, so I might just get this instead

Anyone bought this from Telltale's web store? I wonder if they give you Steam code for the full season, or do you just get DRM free version of the game?

Gothos

I skipped The Walking Dead (I'm tired of zombies) but definetely gonna give it a go. Already loving the artstyle.

Quick

Banned
Loved The Walking Dead, so I'll give this one a shot.

I've only read a few issues of Fables, but I think this might get me back to reading the series.

Omikaru

Anyone bought this from Telltale's web store? I wonder if they give you Steam code for the full season, or do you just get DRM free version of the game?

If it's like the last game I bought from TellTale's webstore (BTTF), you get a download of the game that is tied to your TellTale Games account. So it's not DRM-free, since it requires you to log-in to your TTG account to play it.

Mogwai

Considering how poorly TWD on Xbox 360 version ran, I'll get it for PC... Aside for that, I will be awesome, no doubt.

Chairhome

I've read through all the Fables trades and I love it. Anyone interested should check out their library to see if they have them, that's how I've read them all. Can't wait for this, my wife is also into the series (moreso than me) and she'll probably love playing it too.

daydream

Banned
Day 1 for me. Never read the comics, but TWD was amazing and this looks like an interesting new universe to interact in/with.

After TWD I was up for this, but now I've started reading the comic (About 30 issues or so in) I can't wait. If they manage to convert the comic to the game as well as they did with TWD, its going to be amazing. The fact Bill Willingham has been consulting on it means it should hopefully be fairly true to the story too.

eXistor

Just bought it from the telltale site. Pretty excited for this, TWD was a great interactive story and I very much like the look of this one.

Mifune

Mehmber
This game sounds great and I loved The Walking Dead but I hope that at some point Telltale Games goes back to making games with actual puzzles.

Keyouta

The artstyle looks lovely, pretty excited for this. Not sure if I'll be grabbing it right on Friday though

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Only saw that this was releasing this week yesterday. I have no clue what it's about but I'll be picking up since I love TT games.

Top Bottom