• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

I like legends and lore. I like Vertigo Fables. So it seems that I really like to play this game this week instead of waiting for the whole season, but...

My main TV broke this week, I still need to call maintance. I do not feel like moving the 360 to bedroon, thats my wife territory.

Why it is not coming to Vita at the same time as other plataforms?

Tempted but will wait for confirmation that it's not a bugged mess like TWD was on PC. Because well, TT will never ever patch it anyhow (yeah, still bitter).

With you there. Reviews don't mention bugs and what-not, but I don't believe they did with TWD either. I'll wait for the general publics consensus this time around before I dive in.

I swear, TellTale are the must frustrating developer in this regard. Great concepts & execution, let down by technical implementation and customer service.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Reviews look good, very much looking forward to this. Will most likely wait for a sale before picking it up though, considering the enormity of my backlog.

Cant really trust gaming press when it comes to knowing good writing; will have to wait for more impressions. Good to see it succeeds in other areas, though.

I loved Walking Dead and I really want this, but I don't wanna buy it on a current-gen console when I'll be getting a PS4 next month, and knowing Telltale's strategy of releasing their games on as many platforms as they can, I can't help but expect it'll show up on PS4 sooner than later. So alas, I cannot join you all in the excitement tomorrow.

ALSO POKEMON BITCHES

If I go and read volume 1 of the comics, is that likely going to "ruin" the first few episodes of the game series? Or is it probably going to be doing a lot of its own stuff like TWD?

Giggzy

Any word of this series going to the ps4? I'm on a hiatus from purchasing anything until next gen, but I'll make an exception for this if it's not.

Any word of this series going to the ps4? I'm on a hiatus from purchasing anything until next gen, but I'll make an exception for this if it's not.

I don't think anything's been announced, but I mean... This is Telltale we're talking about. They'll port their game to a toaster, if it could run it.

robotrock

Banned
If I go and read volume 1 of the comics, is that likely going to "ruin" the first few episodes of the game series? Or is it probably going to be doing a lot of its own stuff like TWD?

It's a prequel so all the events that take place within the game take place before the first issue of the comic.

Replicant

I don't think anything's been announced, but I mean... This is Telltale we're talking about. They'll port their game to a toaster, if it could run it.

Welp! In that case I'll wait for PS4 disc version then. Especially since I'm not too fond of digital download games.

Riposte

Haha, I don't think I've ever seen someone definitively call something THE "GotY" in an OT, even if you are talking about a previous game. Uh, okay.

Amir0x

Banned
Man pretty hyped for this. I'm into Fables (at least the early trades), so they got a spectacular visual direction, a comic I enjoyed at some point, and it seems your choices matter a lot more in this game than Walking Dead.

If that's true, I think this might be the one that for me puts Telltale on a different level.

eshwaaz

So the 360 version has framerate and performance issues, just like The Walking Dead. Come on, Telltale. Your games are not technically impressive enough for this.

Stimpack

Wow, good on them for their consistency, if the reviews are to be believed. I'll be interested in hearing more about this.

With you there. Reviews don't mention bugs and what-not, but I don't believe they did with TWD either. I'll wait for the general publics consensus this time around before I dive in.

I swear, TellTale are the must frustrating developer in this regard. Great concepts & execution, let down by technical implementation and customer service.
Yeah, no amount of positive reviews will sway me. I'll wait for people to play around with it for a while.

Top Bottom