• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Regiruler

did someone say my name

a7Vouao.jpg

Hey, they got the picture right this time.

JCX

Went by a 24 hour store to see if they had it, and they were all

tJgQXh8.gif

Discouraged, but not defeated, I went home to download from the eShop, when I was reminded that I don't have enough space available.

Unite morph for me y'all :(

Eusis

Actually if it's going to take that long I think I'll just wait. Birthday advantage is dead if it finishes downloading when that passes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ahh, to play The Wonderful 101 again for the first time.

I say this about every Platinum game.

Bayonetta: Climax Edition on the eShop needs to happen.
Bayonetta -> Wonderful 101 -> Bayonetta 2 Demo -> X Extended Trailer -> Bayonetta 2

I've always wondered why Wii U owners refer to a Bayonetta eShop port as "Climax Edition", when all the extras that came with the Climax Edition were physical goods :p.

I never thought I'd say this pre-Bayonetta, but I agree. And further to that, imo it's bigger, better, and more fun than Bayo is. And that's me as someone who considered Bayo as pretty much the apex of the action genre. I don't know how this has happened, but it has.

W101, the ultimate action game.

I can't pick which combat system I like more (though TW101 gets points for being proper original), but I'm halfway through Bayonetta again and the difference in encounter diversity really stands out. Not that Bayonetta is in any way bad, but TW101 has a greater assortment of unique end operation boss fights, and mixes up the encounters themselves in more distinct ways.

Granted, the difference may be in part to The Wonderful 101 embracing absolute mania and large scale encounters. It can get away with gimmicks. As a character action game, Bayonetta's encounters are more grounded and focused almost exclusively on the actual fight, so even if the area you fight in is pretty forgettable the battles themselves are still excellent.

dengatron

wouldnt be able to play until til friday anyways and that sunday deal is looking might sweet for first jumping in to wii u, so i'll hold off until sunday. target wont sell out of this even remotely..

Just a friendly reminder: the Wii U will continue to download and install the game when you turn it off. The power light will turn red like normal, then after a bit it will turn yellow until everything is done.

JCX

They already know what you've bought on Wii U regardless. You can prove this by logging into the deluxe digital promo site if you're a deluxe/premium owner.

Oh wow, I did not know about this! That explains the digital deluxe question in all the surveys lol. Good thing they still kept track of my points.

Anyone know if you buy the digital version, then buy physical, can they use the same save file?

Thoraxes

Oh wow, I did not know about this! That explains the digital deluxe question in all the surveys lol. Good thing they still kept track of my points.

Anyone know if you buy the digital version, then buy physical, can they use the same save file?

It should.

At least it worked going physical to digital for me with Monster Hunter.

After waiting for 20 minutes to find someone to help me and waiting 10 more minutes to check to see if they have the game, Walmart delivered and I got it. The wait is finally over! This is going to be good.

hatchx

Banned
Yeah, that was a tough call for me, dude.

I think the fact that I know I will want to play this game over and over again tipped the scales.

So you bought it digitally?

I've just been amazed by the colourful boxarts coming out for wiiU. That and seeing how bad it's selling, it has felt like every physical game is a special collector item.

The only game I bought digitally was NSMBU and I sort of regret it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How the hell is this sold out at my local Futureshop already when the store doesn't even open till 10am?

This is some bullshit.

JCX

After discovering that I had $30 in digital deluxe promo credit, I decided to download it. Need to get a dedicated external too though.

Richie

After 4 hours with this game, I'll never forgive Nintendo for how hard they dropped the ball promoting it. Fucking GOTY contender and justifies a Wii U purchase on its own.

Top Bottom