• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

R0ckman

Torn on digital vs physical. Pikmin 3 took so long to download for me that i might as well have bought it physical the next day.

Is your connection shit? I was planning on getting it digitally and don't want my Wii U sitting there for a day. I hope the best connection in my area available will get it downloaded fast.

JCX

Is your connection shit? I was planning on getting it digitally and don't want my Wii U sitting there for a day. I hope the best connection in my area available will get it downloaded fast.

My connection is okay .I reckon Pikmin 3 took over an hour for me to download. Once I saw how slowly the progress bar was going, I just went to bed, but it was ready when I woke up.

Salih

well, it's kinda weird and complicated - needs more testing though. I think it's a bug or glitch;maybe i am not supposed to have it yet? you can probably unlock it later in the game.

rundown how to do it:

- you need that one module equipped which let's your morphs get bigger by just holding the A button
- go into a loading screen with 100 wonderful ones (f.ex. after you have finished a kahgoo regah)
- clear the field (f.ex. via huge time bomb) so you can draw without a problem
- draw the square to get the small rocketlauncher vehicle
- cancel it and then draw wonderful forever
- while you are firing that laser press and hold 'A'
- after that you get that tank automatically for a couple seconds

Frodo

well, it's kinda weird and complicated - needs more testing though. I think it's a bug or glitch;maybe i am not supposed to have it yet? you can probably unlock it later in the game.

rundown how to do it:

- you need that one module equipped which let's your morphs get bigger by just holding the A button
- go into a loading screen with 100 wonderful ones (f.ex. after you have finished a kahgoo regah)
- clear the field (f.ex. via huge time bomb) so you can draw without a problem
- draw the square to get the small rocketlauncher vehicle
- cancel it and then draw wonderful forever
- while you are firing that laser press and hold 'A'
- after that you get that tank automatically for a couple seconds

Wow!

Will try later. :p

radcliff

So I'm picking this up tomorrow and I have a question for those who have beaten the game. Does the ending differ depending on difficulty level? Usually, I beat the game once on normal and then try to beat it again on the hardest level. But with a large influx of games coming, I may just beat it on normal now and go back to it at a later time. If there is a difference, though, and the highest difficulty level has the best ending, I may just start with the highest level setting.

Bgamer90

Banned
Torn on digital vs physical. Pikmin 3 took so long to download for me that i might as well have bought it physical the next day.

I'm getting a Wii U soon. Would love to go all digital but can't due to Nintendo's dumb/outdated policy of tying everything to the console.

Llyranor

Yeeees, my copy just shipped!!!

..... But I don't have a WiiU yet. I guess that's on sept20. Why would they release it on a Friday? I probably won't get it until the beginning of the following week.

:(

antonz

Yeeees, my copy just shipped!!!

..... But I don't have a WiiU yet. I guess that's on sept20. Why would they release it on a Friday? I probably won't get it until the beginning of the following week.

:(

It seems starting with Windwaker they are shifting to a Friday release day instead of sundays. Mario 3D world, Link between worlds etc are all Friday now

hal9001

Banned
I love, Bayo. But TW101 kind of took the spot Bayonetta occupied before it. Maybe because of the variety and how awesome everything is, characters included. As you said, I don't know how this has happened, but it has.

Now I'll wait for Bayonetta 2 to challenge TW101.

Well apparently there is a rivalry between Bayonetta 2 And Wonderful 101 teams to outdo the other.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...wonderful_101_teams_helping_drive_development
Hideki Kamiya — who is directing The Wonderful 101 — has revealed that he is seated right next to the Bayonetta 2 team, so he can see their progress by looking over the top of his desk. Kamiya says that this drives him to make The Wonderful 101's action scenes even more intense.

JCX

I'm getting a Wii U soon. Would love to go all digital but can't due to Nintendo's dumb/outdated policy of tying everything to the console.

Yeah, they need to get their shit together. I'm cautiously optimistic that they will soon. I at least have Club Nintendo registrations to prove that i bought games if my Wii U or 3DS break/get stolen.

So I'm picking this up tomorrow and I have a question for those who have beaten the game. Does the ending differ depending on difficulty level? Usually, I beat the game once on normal and then try to beat it again on the hardest level. But with a large influx of games coming, I may just beat it on normal now and go back to it at a later time. If there is a difference, though, and the highest difficulty level has the best ending, I may just start with the highest level setting.
Normal is the way to go for you then, its tricky at first but after some repeats you will have control of the gameplay. It doesnt change the ending but there are secrets in normal and hard that dont appear in easy. You cant play hard until you beat the game once.

fred

I think I'm going to restart the game on easy. I just have no fun with it on normal, like at all. It's strange, but I simply don't enjoy the challenge in this game, it just doesnt click with me.... but I freaking love the presentation to death... maybe I'll sell it and just watch a Youtube playthrough sigh.

Yup, I'd definitely start off on Easy even if you played the demo a few times. Even on Easy you'll end up dying a fair few times but you won't be constantly getting your arse handed to you the way you were on Normal.

And once you've completed it on Easy you'll immediately want to play it again on Normal...and then you'll still get your arse kicked but nowhere near as bad as you were the first time lol

I think I completed it in 20 hours or so and can easily see myself playing through this a few more times without a problem. It's number 2 on my top 5 list of the best games of all-time, you REALLY need to play it because YouTube videos won't come close to doing it any sort of justice at all. The game is a masterpiece.

There's a learning curve, no hand-holding and the game is a challenge...which is why a lot of reviewers had a minor hissy fit lol.

D-e-f-

Banned
My connection is okay .I reckon Pikmin 3 took over an hour for me to download. Once I saw how slowly the progress bar was going, I just went to bed, but it was ready when I woke up.
remember that you can turn the console off and it will continue to download and install in standby!

Normal's fine if you don't care about rankings and don't mind dying a ton (you restart right where you died with enemy health staying the same).

But ego shouldn't factor in. Play it on the difficulty you think it will be best for you.

Neff

I just want to say that I find the likes of expert Bayo/DMC3//DMC4 videos completely bewildering, but I'm very much at home with W101's normal setting. It doesn't ask you to do anything you won't be expecting if you're bred from the same '80s/'90s gaming genes that Kamiya is.

My only pointers would be
-Make sure you buy Unite Guts after the prologue. Abuse it.
-Unite Spring is equally essential.
-Death does not equal failure. Success equals success.
-Speed Liner is great but makes QTE draws very awkward.

Bog

Junior Ace
Wii U games are Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Target starting a week from tomorrow, if anyone's on the fence.

If it's a midnight eshop release I might not be able to control myself.

It'd be midnight EDT and 9pm PDT.

I hear you. I really want a physical copy though, but I'm also sick of waiting to play this game! Going to hit up a 24 hour Walmart at midnight and hope they have a copy. I've done that many times and I usually walk away happy.

Yeah, they need to get their shit together. I'm cautiously optimistic that they will soon. I at least have Club Nintendo registrations to prove that i bought games if my Wii U or 3DS break/get stolen.
They already know what you've bought on Wii U regardless. You can prove this by logging into the deluxe digital promo site if you're a deluxe/premium owner.

Can not wait. I've even stayed away from the dump since release. This game is going to get murdered so badly tonight. My Wii U is going to be straight up dead by the morning.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They already know what you've bought on Wii U regardless. You can prove this by logging into the deluxe digital promo site if you're a deluxe/premium owner.

Holy shit. I was aware of the Digital Deluxe promo but never really looked into it not did I read any manuals. Clicked on the link from your post, signed in and found out that there was a $5 voucher waiting for me (I bought the ZombiU bundle which includes a digital copy of Nintendoland and it counts as an eShop purchase I guess)

Thank you so much for posting that.

Vinnk

Wii U games are Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Target starting a week from tomorrow, if anyone's on the fence.

I keep hearing about this. But other than a tweet from Wario64 I can't find any confirmation of this. Anyone have a link?

Nicko

Gosh, I would have been ALL over that if I didnt already have ALL of the top wii u games.. Got super excited for a second thinking WWHD was going to be out on the 20th, but then remembered thats digital only...

Already have Rayman, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, NFS, AssCred 3, COD BLOPS2, Zombi U and Nintendo Land... any other recommendations?

Holy shit, thank you for this post. I was aware of the Digital Deluxe promo but never really looked into it not did I read any manuals. Clicked on the link from your post, signed in and found out that there was a $5 voucher waiting for me (I bought the ZombiU bundle which includes a digital copy of Nintendoland and it counts as an eShop purchase I guess)

Thank you so much once again dude.

No prob!

Remember, that when you use the code, it will count towards your next voucher. Also, if you have a 3DS, you can use it in the eShop there instead.

Gosh, I would have been ALL over that if I didnt already have ALL of the top wii u games.. Got super excited for a second thinking WWHD was going to be out on the 20th, but then remembered thats digital only...

Already have Rayman, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, NFS, AssCred 3, COD BLOPS2, Zombi U and Nintendo Land... any other recommendations?

Lego City???

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Assuming Wonderful 101 is eligible for the promo: W101 + NSMBU + Lego City Undercover.

Lego City Undercover, NSMBU Splinter Cell, Injustice, Sonic Racing Transformed, Resident Evil Revelations, Tekken Tag Tournament 2

FYC

Banned
Can't waaaaaait until tomorrow.

My brother lost the gamepad stylus. Would a finger do the trick, or would I be better off using a 3DS stylus?

Mupod

You've failed me Future Shop, although not for the last time because I still have like a million games preordered from the E3 promotion.

I'll be playing on Monday though.

Beats

I can't wait to play this tomorrow.

Small question. I didn't play or look around the demo too much, but if I'm using the Pro controller is there a way to do the second screen puzzles without the gamepad?

popyea

I can't wait to play this tomorrow.

Small question. I didn't play or look around the demo too much, but if I'm using the Pro controller is there a way to do the second screen puzzles without the gamepad?

I think you should just be able to hit (-) and the second screen will show up in the corner. Though it can be hard to see, so if you have the gamepad next to you anyway I'd just switch to that.

Richie

I was fortunate enough to find this for sale yesterday at the mall (Mexican here). Just finished Operation 001 and MAN, intense doesn't begin to cut it. And I'm just beginning. I started on Normal and I'm getting my ass kicked a lot. On one hand, I wonder if I shouldn't restart on Easy, but on the other, it -is- very encouraging to fight harder...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I keep hearing about this. But other than a tweet from Wario64 I can't find any confirmation of this. Anyone have a link?

did someone say my name

a7Vouao.jpg

Top Bottom