• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Cosmozone

I can dodge the boomerang pretty easily, because i see the transformation before the attack, the problem with the gun is that it transforms and fires in a split of second.
Strange, the gun gives me less trouble. Eventually because I dodge more often for safety. The boomerang still catches me every other time.

On the boss fights where you have to
fight as a Robot (Boxing)
I always lose loads of points in Time and Damage. Anyone has some tips?

its pretty much punchout. just wait till the robos attack you then dodge and beat the crap out of them.
I usually hate the Platinum character designs outside of Vanquish, but between Bayonetta's new look and some of the designs in here (specifically a lot of the minor characters and the bosses), it seems like they're turning it around.
agreed. the best imho is
the commander in his younger years

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Does anyone here knows if Unite Guts/Spring/Rocket/Tombstone count for the "10 Morphs in a combo" capsule? I'll unlock my first hidden character once I get it.

Also, Operation 4 secret missions, where are you?

daakusedo

Every Kahkoo-regah is in the same place in every location on every difficulty (except easy and very easy). You need to actually kill the enemies and finish the mission before going down there.
It's not there in easy, so I don't know if there's a very well hidden secret mission or no pure platinum in this difficulty.

Holy shit, saur has more videos, i only thought he had 2 as I was looking for for perfect runs in youtube and his videos never appeared.
And I feel really amazing after watching it becuase I was doing the same thing as him (apart of using gun that much and te part of the double shoot spaceship) and that means im really learning the gameplay mechanics when I repeat stages. This game, this fucking game!
Also thanks guys for the tips.

Strange, the gun gives me less trouble. Eventually because I dodge more often for safety. The boomerang still catches me every other time.
And just yesterday I played the third fight with him and I hate the boomerang now, he uses it with the bomb (that when you try it makes zero impact to him), so is impossible to dodge. And then he has his fucking double sword friend that attacks you always after you try to attack and is impossible to see.
Vorkken fights are the worst thing of the game.

Cosmozone

And just yesterday I played the third fight with him and I hate the boomerang now, he uses it with the bomb (that when you try it makes zero impact to him), so is impossible to dodge.
You'll love the last one. :) I have absolutely no idea how to win this fight without damage, but there must be some way.

Neff

Vorkken fights are the worst thing of the game.

Unite Spikes and Dodge Mine give him a lot of trouble. Be ready to Unite Guts his punch or hammer when they appear. Dodge everything else. If you see a bomb, run like hell. Use a long range assist such as the sword or whip in tandem with your punch to target Vorkken while keeping his team dispelled.

I've found the above techniques to be very effective without a lot of effort, and it's probably only really scratching the surface. The Vorkken fights are very well put together imo, and are a worthy substitute for Jeanne/Vergil's encounters, if not as spectacular.

You'll love the last one. :) I have absolutely no idea how to win this fight without damage, but there must be some way.

Is it that bad? Im firghten right now lol

Unite Spikes and Dodge Mine give him a lot of trouble. Be ready to Unite Guts his punch or hammer when they appear. Dodge everything else. If you see a bomb, run like hell. Use a long range assist such as the sword or whip in tandem with your punch to target Vorkken while keeping his team dispelled.

I've found the above techniques to be very effective without a lot of effort, and it's probably only really scratching the surface. The Vorkken fights are very well put together imo, and are a worthy substitute for Jeanne/Vergil's encounters, if not as spectacular.

You need to buy those no? Apart from the spike spring and spike guts, and the rocket, I havent buy a lot of them.

Look what came in the mail yesterday! Time to try it out (and big thanks to GAFer Kyou for getting it for me).

1tCzEeu.jpg

Frodo

I'm excited for the game to come out here. For those who already played it, which difficulty do you recommend you start with on your first playthrough?

If you have experience with the genre and can deal with a little bit of frustration when the game is kicking your ass go for normal. Otherwise, start on easy. The mechanics are way deeper than they seem, and you get a chance to experiment with them and understand the game without dying too much or getting Consolation prizes.

Frodo

Yes, they're both items from the shop, but very useful.

I've been using this strategy since the second fight and on the last fights Vorkken barely touched me. Feels good. You need patience, though. Attacking like crazy will only lead to him counter attacking and you losing your team members.

Just going to the shop before starting the mission, thanks guys for the tips.

BTW, by unite spikes you mean the level up of guts and spring, or another object, I seem only to find the mines things and its a module.

MYE

I usually hate the Platinum character designs outside of Vanquish, but between Bayonetta's new look and some of the designs in here (specifically a lot of the minor characters and the bosses), it seems like they're turning it around.

Madworld had awesome character designs IMO.

popyea

How are Unite Skills like the Cyclone, Stinger and Rising moves unlocked? Something made me think it was tied to finding new 101 members (unlocked Gun's launcher the moment I recruited a new Gun member), but I also remember unlocking others while in combat. Can anyone who has finished the campaign tell me if you have all the moves unlocked by that time?

Frodo

How are Unite Skills like the Cyclone, Stinger and Rising moves unlocked? Something made me think it was tied to finding new 101 members (unlocked Gun's launcher the moment I recruited a new Gun member), but I also remember unlocking others while in combat. Can anyone who has finished the campaign tell me if you have all the moves unlocked by that time?

I know from the Platinum blog that to unlock certain moves your characters need to be in a certain level. That is why it is important to use different characters, so they all level up in the same pace.

Edit: here: http://platinumgames.com/2013/08/23/w101-blog-ep-21-be-tough-level-up/

popyea

I know from the Platinum blog that to unlock certain moves your characters need to be in a certain level. That is why it is important to use different characters, so they all level up in the same pace.

By different characters do you mean like the supporting cast members? Or just the different weapons, rather than relying on fist and sword all the time?

Frodo

By different characters do you mean like the supporting cast members? Or just the different weapons, rather than relying on fist and sword all the time?

Supporting cast members. Careful not to chose a temporary member, since they won't be part of your team on the next mission.

Check the link on my previous post! :)

fred

Has anyone worked out the damage that different Wonderful 101 colours does to the enemy's health bar colours..? It's a bit embarrassing but I have bad immediate term memory due to depression and it's very easy for me to get confused. I know that using the same colour weapon for the same colour enemy health bar (the sword for blue for example) does bugger all damage to the enemy but using a different colour does loads of damage, but it's very difficult for me to remember what kind of weapon is best against which colour health bar.

It doesn't help that the game is so hectic lol

Berg

If someone's able to vouch for the quality of this I'll be all over it like an ice cream sundae.

Red bubble does Direct to Garment printing, not screen printing. I've seen some good quality white-on-dark DTG prints and i've seen some bad ones. I've ordered white on red from red bubble and it turned out pretty good.
looks like it's a 100% cotton American Apparel, which is pretty nice.

The Boat

Has anyone worked out the damage that different Wonderful 101 colours does to the enemy's health bar colours..? It's a bit embarrassing but I have bad immediate term memory due to depression and it's very easy for me to get confused. I know that using the same colour weapon for the same colour enemy health bar (the sword for blue for example) does bugger all damage to the enemy but using a different colour does loads of damage, but it's very difficult for me to remember what kind of weapon is best against which colour health bar.

I had no idea this was a thing.

Wow, 006-B is awesome the first time you play it but for repeats it has to be horrible. Nearly impossible to get platinum on those most likely.
Also the character
you get after blue stops being an idiot, her weapons seem to be shit, anything that does special, because she just looks like a shitty unite gun right now
And does someone know how to use unite camp? I tried pressing Y all the time but can only get it to work in the loading levels.

I don't think it works like that. But damn if this is true.

I got gold on my first try against 006-C boss, he was kicking my ass, but hey golds for me.
I sometimes dont understand this game lol

So any one know how to use unite camp then? I cant for the life of me use it in battle.

Proven

Just going to the shop before starting the mission, thanks guys for the tips.

BTW, by unite spikes you mean the level up of guts and spring, or another object, I seem only to find the mines things and its a module.
He meant the level up for Guts.

That's not a thing.

I had no idea this was a thing.
It's definitely not a thing.

I don't think it is.
Are there even enough of the right colors for that to be a thing? I've never seen a Pink health bar.

I don't have the game. I could be wrong. But I'm 99.99999% sure it's not a thing. I'm considering adding more 9's. As for the power scale of the different weapons, I believe it's something like...

Hammer > Bazooka > Whip > Fist > Sword > Claw > Gun > Bomb

The first two can very easily put dents into armored vehicles and enemies without flinching. The next two seem specifically made for easy to draw large single target attacks. And the two after that are the best at crowd control. The last two feel like support for higher combo points or higher damage.

It doesn't help that this list gets screwed up thanks to the four different morph sizes each Unite weapon has, except for Gun/Bazooka which only has two (Bomb might be weird too, but in order to study it I'd have to spoil myself, so I'm hoping Saur puts out a video about the morphs soon using Mission Mode footage).

I got gold on my first try against 006-C boss, he was kicking my ass, but hey golds for me.
I sometimes dont understand this game lol

So any one know how to use unite camp then? I cant for the life of me use it in battle.
Don't you just stand still and hold down the Y button? After a few seconds, it'll activate. And then afterwards while your battery gauge has overcharge you can make the largest sized Unite morph possible without having to redraw it, meaning you can have a 100-man Unite morph that lasts longer than 3 seconds.

schlew

If someone's able to vouch for the quality of this I'll be all over it like an ice cream sundae.

I ordered a blue one, I'll make sure to let you know.

I really want to be a super dork and wear this shirt when the game comes in. No one else will know, or care, but I'll feel cool. Hopefully I get the shirt in time, but it sure is taking its sweet time getting to me (Florida to Canada can take a real long time, I suppose).

Alrus

I kind of wish that after you completed the game, there was a list showing you how many heroes/heart piece you were missing in each operation.

Also is there any point seeking out Platinum Coins?

Top Bottom