• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The world's greatest internet troll explains his craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavanf1

This one, oh my sides:

CWY47u5.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't know who this is but I'm definitely saving this thread for later when I get home.

Fake edit: from what j can see he seems like a human Onion. lol

dpunk3

This was weirdly enthralling to watch.

Someone intentionally being stupid to entertain themselves and others without the audience even realizing.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I feel like he'd be right at home on gaf not being a troll. He'd probably also be a successful troll here though anyways.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He would probably be banned in short order.
Nah there are some "official" trolls on this site as well. They're just so good that mods either don't care or they aren't noticed. I think if he wasn't so obvious like on these other sites he'd probably be successful here.

Its the subtlety and the art of it, not about saying the most stupid or outrageous stuff to get the best reaction.

He is sort of the modern online equivalent of Henry Root

"Donaldson's genius was to write letters that appeared absurd to the public but not to those to whom they were addressed. The recipients duly replied, often unaware that the joke was on them."

"When he told Sir David McNee, then Police Commissioner at Scotland Yard, that it was "better that 10 innocent men be convicted than that one guilty man goes free", he was told: "Your kind comments are appreciated.""

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I feel like he'd be right at home on gaf not being a troll. He'd probably also be a successful troll here though anyways.
He's a pretty chill dude, he moderates a subreddit devoted to reposts of his work.

His trolls are funny but they aren't my preference. I prefer occasional incendiary trolling over consistent dumb-on-purpose trolling.. By occasionally incendiary I mean you post as a regular smart person most of the time, enough to build a reputation that you aren't crazy, that's when you drop a bomb of ignorance/racism/etc... that everyone will jump on in utter disbelief and get everyone in a tizzy.

Lo_Fi

I love Ken M, but it's so weird to me that he stands out now. Like, this is what "troll" used to mean. Now for some reason troll just turned into a word to describe assholes that happen to be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom