• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The world's greatest internet troll explains his craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I expected this to be about Derek Smart, but then I guess the thread would have been on gaming side.

Camwi

It's pretty cocky to call yourself the world's greatest internet troll, but Ken M deserves the title.

Ekdrm2d1

Thought this was about the VICE interview.

maxresdefault.jpg

"The Secret Confessions of an Internet Troll"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BQp3V_34BE

My favorite trolling has always been the steak threads on /v/, because everyone on that board thinks that their opinion is the only opinion that matters, and every other opinion is absolute shit taste. OP will say something like "should I get 'x_video_game' or a $60 steak cooked medium well." Sometimes OP will post a picture of a steak with ketchup just to ensure 300+ responses every time. You get all sorts of folk saying that well-done steak is shit, or rare-steak is shit, or ketchup / any sauce with steak is shit. Every single time it's maybe 8-10 replies about the game and 200-300 replies with different radical about what makes a good steak. Every time.

Faiz

Half expected this to be Jon Hendren. Not that I find him to be particularly amazing at trolling, he's just the first person I think of when someone says "internet troll".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

kavanf1

I like this kind of trolling. Nothing malicious, nothing cruel, nothing hateful, just good old fashioned idiocy where nobody gets hurt.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ken M is great because he is completely harmless but still very funny.

I like this kind of trolling. Nothing malicious, nothing cruel, nothing hateful, just good old fashioned idiocy where nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, as opposed to the below:

I think weav would have a better claim to this, but I guess since he's an avowed neo-nazi and a felon he's less cuddly and useful for a fluff video piece about how LOL trolling is.

Edit: Or the guy who was running hundreds of sockpuppets on Reddit including the biggest racist anti-semite account, and got arrested for trying to recruit Muslims into suicide bombing, oh also the kid was Jewish. Probably equally not a great subject for a hagiography.

And many Reddit / 4Chan trolls.

Ken M is the perfect type of troll, because it's innocent and not malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom