• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The XBLA Releases For The Next Month Are Ridiculous!

Spruchy

Haven't heard about Awesomenauts until this post, it sounds and looks like a great idea but I fear for its lifespan with only six playable characters at launch. MOBA's live and die by their roster and that number is pretty limited even if 2D characters offer more control (and effectively a connection between player and character) than their top down counterparts. Also weary of DLC possibilities (nickel and diming).

Santiako

Haven't heard about Awesomenauts until this post, it sounds and looks like a great idea but I fear for its lifespan with only six playable characters at launch. MOBA's live and die by their roster and that number is pretty limited even if 2D characters offer more control (and effectively a connection between player and character) than their top down counterparts. Also weary of DLC possibilities (nickel and diming).

I think we all know that they will exploit that aspect offering a lot of paid DLC characters down the line.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MOBAs live and die by their gameplay. If the game is good then they can always add content.

Skullgirls: "The Second Viable Western Fighter In History" ™
Third. Killer Instinct sold 3.2 million on the SNES.

Spruchy

MOBAs live and die by their gameplay. If the game is good then they can always add content.

Third. Killer Instinct sold 3.2 million on the SNES.

I'm not really going to get in an argument over this since it's very possible that this game can succeed by the fact there's no console MOBA alone, but try to name one MOBA that launched with such a limited roster. How about a successful one? Even League of Legends which was made by a team that's just a fraction of the Riot Games today had a larger roster in its beta. The way MOBAs are made cater to having a diverse cast, just as fighting games are. That's why you see players obsess over who's going to make in and who's in. And I don't know how Awesomenauts works specifically, but if there's no duplicate characters allowed then chances are you'll often get stuck with someone you don't want to play.

We'll see how it goes though. There's a fine chance it'll succeed despite offering the bare minimum.

mozfan12

Banned
Trials is a killer app for me, even if i was never able to finish the last one. The rest is just gravy. Probs will get Fez, Minecraft (dont have a PC), and Witcher 2.

I guess theres nothing to play for 360 other than Star Wars Kinect....

Gowans

That's my concern as well but I'm willing to bite as its filling a massive niche on consoles.

How does Minecraft XBLA compare to the PC version? Does it have survival mode or online? Hope it's not as limited as the iOS one.

i don't play minecraft but it's based around the 1.6 update and not the 2.x or whatever it is now, not sure how much stuff isn't there.

But it has split screen, something IMO minecraft will be great fun with.

TWENTY DOLLARS for Minecraft? Good luck with that.

It's going to sell a ton just watch :S

Gowans

TWENTY DOLLARS for Minecraft? Good luck with that.
I think it has a great chance of being a XBLA best/quicker seller.

$20 is the same price as the PC version, they need to promote it, get info out on the multi and updates too.

TxdoHawk

Pinball Arcade, Fez, maybe Skullgirls. The crazy part is that we may see something else randomly drop, if Spelunky somehow made it out as well this would easily be the best month for XBLA in quite awhile. Two release days a week makes me hopeful for at least one big surprise.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
April 6
Anomaly: Warzone Earth (800msp) - Gameplay actually looks interesting. Will trial.

April 11
Skullgirls (1200msp) - Yeah, definitely getting. Been waiting for a made-for-digital-services 2D fighter to come out all gen, no way to pass such a thing up.

April 13
FEZ (800msp) - Really tired of Indie platformers, and the dev didn't seem to know when to shut his mouth and act dignified with the whole Japanese Industry opinion stuff, but I'll still try out this much-hyped game.

April 18
Trials Evolution (1200msp) - Trials 1 didn't "hook" me yet, and I'm only REALLY interested in this one over it, because of the robust minigame-creation tools it offers.

April 25
Bloodforge (1200msp) - Interested in it's scope. If it plays well, Might just pick it up!

May 2
Awesomenauts (800msp) - Right alongside SG's as most looked forward to game on this list. Dislike PC gaming, love the idea of an MOAB, glad to see one developed with consoles in mind.

Fable Heroes (800msp) - 3D brawlers never seem to work out as great as I'd like. And... Fable. Something I lost a lof og love for after Fable 2. However, this game is in a good position to stand out on it's own as a solid effort, so willing to give it a chance!

May 9
Minecraft (1600msp) - Splitscreen is the only reason I even wanna try it, really. I wanna see what all the craze is about, and the price isn't horrible at all, if it's as engrossing as people make it out to be.

---------

RCR, Spelunky, and the SEGA Vintage collections also really have my interest. It really does look like a fantastic time for XBLA, with almost too many promising titles to get!

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Diabolical Pitch, Skullgirls, Fez, Trials Evolution and Awesomenauts - you're mine. My wallet hurts.

SparkTR

Interested in Trials and maybe Fez depending on reviews. The rest I'm not interested in or have already got on PC.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Grabbing Trails day one. No need to even play the demo.

Skullgirls if I like the demo, although I will probably end up buying it as I need a new fighter in my life.

Might check out Bloodforge too as I know a couple of guys who have worked on it and to support UK devs of course!

Top Bottom