• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

I bought the walking dead and have just played through episode 1, amazing deal. I was holding out for 600 points for Trials Evolution, starting to wish I had actually bit at 800. Looking forward to grabbing the cheap skyrim stuff as well, been a great sale so far.

I'm happy with this sale. Picked up Kinect Party, which I haven't tried yet, Super Meat Boy, which is damn tough, but fun, and The Walking Dead. Missed the Mark of the Ninja sale, was stuck in class all day.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Crazy Taxi is 200pts, guys... $2.50. I paid £40 for that game in 2000...

Edit: And here is everything for today.

29th: Family Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-29-family-games

Slygmous

Is there anything.... wrong.... with the port? Like missing modes or bad controls or Backbone emulation? Besides the missing music? I can live without the Offspring after playing the DC version so many times. Actually I never want to hear those songs again.

Perfect, crazy taxi shall be mine. Crazy to think that both jet set radio and crazy taxi have cost me less than £10. Might even go a little nuts and buy toy story 3.

Pachimari

Hmm, I redeemed 800 Microsoft Points and have successfully bought Episode 2 and 5 on Xbox.com. But at Episode 2 and 3 it said it couldn't add it to my download queue or something but has spend my Microsoft Points anyway - have I bought the episodes then? And where can I see what is being downloaded to my Xbox 360 currently?

jbug617

Banned
Hmm, I redeemed 800 Microsoft Points and have successfully bought Episode 2 and 5 on Xbox.com. But at Episode 2 and 3 it said it couldn't add it to my download queue or something but has spend my Microsoft Points anyway - have I bought the episodes then? And where can I see what is being downloaded to my Xbox 360 currently?

Just load up the game and download the missing episodes from there. It recognizes that you bought it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is there anything.... wrong.... with the port? Like missing modes or bad controls or Backbone emulation? Besides the missing music? I can live without the Offspring after playing the DC version so many times. Actually I never want to hear those songs again.

It's fine. It's just a bit of a barebones, quick and dirty port, really. It's still Crazy Taxi.

Purchase History will show you if you've bought them: https://live.xbox.com/Download/History

Download Queue of stuff waiting to download to your Xbox: https://live.xbox.com/Download/Queue

Pachimari

Hmm, my download queue only has Episode 2 and 5 listed. Yet I have been charged for Episode 3 and 4. =/

EDIT:
Never mind, my Download History have all the episodes listed.

Aspiring

Ok i need some help gaf. I live in australia and have a US 360. It seems Banjo and Kazooie is region locked yet it won't let me but from the US store. Says it cannot be purchased from my location and online says try again later. Any help?

Card Boy

Banned
I went abit crazy

Joe Danger 2
Super Meatboy
Bully
Mark of the Ninja
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
'Spolsion Man (Sales and Specials app)
Ms 'Spolsion Man (Sales and Specials app)

I still got 5500MSP. Still waiting for

Castlevania: SOTN
Banjo Kazooie + Tooie HD

I guess Terraria is coming out soon.

How is Toy Story 3? It looks pretty awesome actually

Apparently its really good. Its even got a Sandbox GTA style mode.

Socreges

Banned
I guess I missed The Walking Dead? Couldn't decide on whether I'd buy it or not, even at 200MSP each. Episode 1 didn't grab me, though I thought Episode 2 might finally help me understand why everyone's so high on the series.

Mike M

Nick N
I guess I missed The Walking Dead? Couldn't decide on whether I'd buy it or not, even at 200MSP each. Episode 1 didn't grab me, though I thought Episode 2 might finally help me understand why everyone's so high on the series.

Depends on where you live? Deal's still live in my neck of the woods, and presumably is until midnight.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Mark of the Ninja
Walking Dead
Banjo
Lara Craft

Not a bad sale, still might jump on some of the arcade deals too.

kitzkozan

Bought:
Meat boy
Ninja
Dust
Walking Dead 1-5

did not expect to be spending this much

Same,I had a lot of points stocked but I just about burned through them all. :p For the month of december, I bought:

Beyond good & evil HD (400 pts)
Dust (600 pts)
Fez (400 pts)
Mark of the Ninja (600 pts)
Spelunky (600 pts)
The Walking Dead episode 1-5 (800 pts)

I think Bully will be my final purchase, which will conclude a tremendous month and quite possibly the best sale on Xbox live. :]

P.S: I want a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie discount please. :p

jgkspsx

"Hmm. A lot of people talking about buying Bully. I've been thinking about doing that for a while. But, eh, I don't feel like using the drive space on it. I'll just buy a copy on Amazo...

$40 for the cheapest used copy???"

Well, okay then. GoD does occasionally have uses beyond Rock Band 3.

Edit: And here is everything for today.

29th: Family Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-29-family-games

Ah FFS, been waiting all sale for Toy Story 3 and it is $30 here in Australia! So much for that >_<

Maybe I will grab Banjo, 640 allards isn't a bad price at all.

"Hmm. A lot of people talking about buying Bully. I've been thinking about doing that for a while. But, eh, I don't feel like using the drive space on it. I'll just buy a copy on Amazo...

$40 for the cheapest used copy???"

Well, okay then. GoD does occasionally have uses beyond Rock Band 3.

Situations like these are why I'm convinced it would be a massive loss for Microsoft and 3rd party publishers if 720 doesn't have backwards compat, at least for all the digital stuff.

Not so much for the stuff people already bought but for that huge potential revenue stream from all these games available on Live that will be hard to find physically in 5 years.

Banjo for 320 allards... tempting.

buy it, it's a good game.

anyway, I was going to buy toy story 3 until I noticed it's almost double the price compared to the us sale price. fuck that, even though I have ample points, I refuse to pay almost double for no other reason than living in the uk. you'd think the points system would make everything the same price or very close to the same price across all regions. :/

crazy taxi has not aged well. it was dirt cheap for 200 points but I am regretting buying it without trialling it first. some games are best left in the vault, sega.

S1kkZ

crazy taxi has not aged well. it was dirt cheap for 200 points but I am regretting buying it without trialling it first. some games are best left in the vault, sega.

doesnt help that the port is pretty shitty (not the original soundtrack, all the billboards/real locations removed or changed...). game is still great but open world driving games have come a long way since ct 1.

doesnt help that the port is pretty shitty (not the original soundtrack, all the billboards/real locations removed or changed...). game is still great but open world driving games have come a long way since ct 1.

I thought something was missing. I knew about the soundtrack, but I didn't know about the billboards, etc. it really does look very bare and sterile now. such a shame. it was a brilliant back on the dreamcast.

oh well, it was only 200 points. not much else can be bought for that outside of avatar tat.

How's The Splatters?

I haven't had the chance to try the demo yet. Is it worth the time?

I think it's great. it's pretty simple at first, but you soon unlock new skills and the levels become increasingly more challenging. I'd recommend buying it at its current price. I paid 400 and felt I got my money's worth.

Yanksfan

I thought about getting Banjo but I am a bit put off by its file size. 6 GBs is a little much, even though I have over a 100 gigs still free. Especially considering I can order a used copy for $8 from BBY.

That Banjo price is insane. I've had it for about what four or five years now and I still haven't beaten the whole thing.

I think we can safely say at this point that it's game of the generation, right? Or do we have to wait a few more years?

Naka

Is The Walking Dead sale over or not active yet? All of the episodes show up as 400 points for me still. I downloaded episode 1 free and even tried to get the episodes in game but they are still 400 there too.

wrog

Is The Walking Dead sale over or not active yet? All of the episodes show up as 400 points for me still. I downloaded episode 1 free and even tried to get the episodes in game but they are still 400 there too.
It was a daily deal, it's over now.

it's over. the deal ended at midnight / thereabouts uk time.

lucius

I thought I was in the clear with my Bully purchase after it finally downloaded and played for about an hour, but one guy is posting in that support thread the game just quits on him after a few hours, at least Rockstar and MS are looking into it

Top Bottom