• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm downloading 3 first episodes from TWD for free.

What am I missing?

You're either downloading trailer videos or you already bought episodes II and III.

So 800 for walking dead is the main game and 200 for each subsequent episode? Or is 800 all of it? Halp!

$0 for the Main Game, which contains Episode 1.

Episodes 2-5 are DLC. Each is 200 msp.

0msp + 200msp + 200msp + 200msp + 200msp = 800msp

LosDaddie

Banned

Yes! I will buy these once I get home from work today. Very happy about these eps being half off. This will leave me with 810 MS points left over...hopefully one of the GoD sales catches my eye tomorrow.

And I know most of GAF hates XBL, but the sales (Gold or not) throughout the year lessen the blow for me. During this HOliday Sale, I've bought:
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight
Dust
TWD
maybe a GoD tomorrow.

It's been a great sale for me. :) With these new games, my backlog games from before, Halo 4, and GTA V in March, I'm pretty much set on games until the new next-gen consoles come out.

coop offline?

i ain't gots live

Borderlands was designed for co-op. I wouldn't even consider buying either BL game if I didn't have a co-op buddy to play with, or no XBL Gold.

Jarlaxle

It figures the first episode is free considering that's the only one I own. Oh well, 800 msp's are better than 1600 msp's. I'll be downloading when I go home tonight.

You're either downloading trailer videos or you already bought episodes II and III.

$0 for the Main Game, which contains Episode 1.

Episodes 2-5 are DLC. Each is 200 msp.

0msp + 200msp + 200msp + 200msp + 200msp = 800msp

Thank you, I saw the trailer icons. I'm not used to new GUI. Barely used 360 for a long time... Nah, no excuses. I'm so tard :p

I couldn't resist the sales this year. It looks like when Major Nelson said he'd take our concerns to the folks making the decisions he pulled through.

I grabbed:

Dust
Deadlight
R.A.W.
TWD, all Episodes.

All for half off or better.

Between this and what Santa brought, by backlog has gained legendary status.

lucius

btw, I had trouble downloading Bullly SE also at first, but I just redownloaded it a couple times and it worked.

LkPr

just picked up a digital copy of Skyrim yesterday (for a steal!) so I am looking forward to the DLC packs going on sale. Hoping for 50% off each so 1000pts for both

TomServo

This sale took me for all of my points, and then some:
- Mark of the Ninja
- Fez
- Dust
- Deadlight
- The Walking Dead

Between those and some awesome retail games that I still want to play through, I think I'm actually done buying games until this time next year. I travel too much for work these days, I'll be lucky to play them all by then.

pacman85

No invert Y-axis option on the Walking Dead games is deal breaker for me. Seems like lazy programming not to include that when it is in the freaking options for your profile on an XBox 360. No buy.

LosDaddie

Banned
Its legit, I bought them there as well.

2400 should be $30 at MSRP, so its a good deal

And next Black Friday, make sure to grab at least a couple 1600pt cards for half off at whatever store is having the sale. It was Target this year. Their electronics section was sold out when I got there around 1pm on BF....but the checkout lines were still stocked with them :)

Double

No invert Y-axis option on the Walking Dead games is deal breaker for me. Seems like lazy programming not to include that when it is in the freaking options for your profile on an XBox 360. No buy.
Its not like it's an FPS... bit lazy to not get used to it for this game at least, don't you think ;P

You barely use camera control in the game. I invert Y-axis too, but you'll have to deal with it all of once or twice an episode. You're cheating yourself if that's the only thing stopping you from picking it up.

Jhoan

Episode 2 was surprisingly intense. The stakes keep increasing with each episode. That's all I have to say about it. I'm so glad I bought the rest of the series at half off because it's so good. I can't wait to get into Episode 3.

I didn't notice that minor camera issue at all but I had the feeling something was off about the camera. That minor issue aside it shouldn't detract people from checking out the rest of the episodes. It's probably because I've been enjoying the game too much to notice.

Izick

Alright, I'm going to buy it then. Only thing that sucks is that I have to replay through Episodes 1 and 2. Not that they're bad, but I like my choices feeling organic.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Started The Walking Dead yesterday in advance and got right stuck in, loved it. Bought all the episodes today.

I picked up the Borderlands season pass and Jet Set Radio too. Been a damn good sale, makes a change MS :)

I bought it for 400 and felt I got my money's worth, 200 should be instant buy for everyone.

I've always fancied crazy taxi, what are the chances of that being 200? nuts and bolts is definitely worth 800 if it's 50% off.

CT will be 400 for sure. Splatters for 200 seems like a decent shout, it's Microsoft Published and it's been on sale a bunch of times before for 400. Worth getting at either price though. Pretty cool game to a point.

Still waiting for my points to arrive from cheapxboxlivecodes; been waiting for three hours. "Instant delivery" my arse. They've been getting a lot of praise but I'm disappointed I went with them. Does anyone know how long the Walking Dead deal is up? I know they update every day but not sure what time zone. Maybe I can buy them tomorrow morning instead.

Top Bottom