• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm FF : Curtain Call releasing Sept 16 (NA) / 19 (EU) - CEs detailed

So judging by reactions the SE store is bad.

Well a 5 track CD isn't really that enticing so I'll keep a look out the cheaper prices elsewhere.
EU store is actually okay, they even use DPD next day deliveries instead of using *shudders* Yodel...

Kolma

Totally want that CE but it's not worth an extra $30 and after Wizard's Edition I just can't trust Digital River anymore.

Bulzeeb

EU one is all right, both times I've pre-ordered from them previously have been pretty quick on delivery.

well I am stuck with the U.S store so I guess I'll wait for more impressions, btw, does the store charges your credit card as soon as you preorder or when they ship the game?

Noticed that the picture of the European CE doesn't say exclusive to the SQEX store

I wonder if Amazon Germany/UK will offer it as well
Quite possible, I remember Amazon being the only ones offering a preorder bonus for the first game, which was both a stylus pen and stickers for the top of said pen.
TheatrhythmBonus._V149631898_.jpg

Probably the best thing about the store. DPD FTW
Yip =D
Got back this morning from holiday. Found my Yodel delivered MK8 parcel hidden under the car. :/
Yodel....=/

Looks like either LE or wait for sale, then. Digital River can go die in a fire and a 5-track CD is not exactly enticing either.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The pouch is neat but I already have so many 3DS cases. This is like $40 more for me plus I have to deal with DR so pass, I guess. :(

L~A

The limited edition and regular edition are the same price on the Square-Enix store.

Assuming £29.99 is the RRP and eShop price then €35 will be the EU price. Honestly, I'll probably go eShop unless there is some mindblowing sample of the remix selections CD which screams at me to own it or a great pre-order pricing (the first Theatrhythm was like £17 pre-order at one point).

They upgrade your order to the LE if you order the regular edition, so it's basically a first print bonus.

Noticed that the picture of the European CE doesn't say exclusive to the SQEX store

I wonder if Amazon Germany/UK will offer it as well

Yup, I'd love to know that too. Probably a GAME exclusive, I'm afraid (at least, in the UK)

Wow, Square... so it's not REALLY "Europe" you're releasing this for.

Currently, boxed games can only be shipped to destinations within Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. Please remove any boxed games to continue with your purchase.

Usobuko

Banned
So, anyone who uses Digital River recently ( like for Drakengard 3 ) wanna comment on their services? Not that it really matters to me since they don't ship to my country.

Oceanwind

Neo Member
Wow, is Digital River really that bad? Well, I noticed the shipping is almost $10, so I'm just going to get it from Amazon. The extras are definitely not worth an extra $40 to me.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Didn't have any problem with my previous Limited Edition Drakengard 3 Edition (it actually got here even before the game officially released), so I went on and ordered this too from the S-E Europe Shop :p YAY!

I'm just happy we got a release date. I can't wait. I'm not real thrilled with that CE, though. The only thing that might be interesting to me are the cards if they do anything special. I wouldn't need the CDs between having the music in the game and on my computer. And I already have a 3DS pouch/storage case. I think I'll be going digital for a game like this.

georly

As tempting as this sounds, i still think a download version of this game on my system at all times is the way to go.

Ooh that's a good point. This is definitely one of those "play a set of songs when i have free time" game. Then again, maybe i can wait for the physical one to go on sale. Hm....

Arelaz

I'm with you on digital version on my 3DS.
Pick up and play at any time, as long as I have my 3DS on me, don't need to switch cart..so convenient.

I am tempted by the CE, but you get the 5 CD in the LE. Meh, someone will post the CE CD online in like a month. Not worth the $30 for a CD and some art cards.

Edit: You can get the LE on Amazon. You are welcome!

fedexpeon

Banned
So, anyone who uses Digital River recently ( like for Drakengard 3 ) wanna comment on their services? Not that it really matters to me since they don't ship to my country.

The service was so bad that I decided to just sell D3 off for a loss, and not dealing with their refund policy.

They also remove the return label from the packaging to discourage you from returning the product by having you jumping through hoops since you are on theirs "time".
If you manage to get them to provide you with an address for return, then you will have to pay up for another S&H fee since they believe it is the cost of doing business FOR you, not with you.
And if you somehow do get a refund, they will only refund the price of the game and not the full price: game+S&H fee like every online retailers.
Oh yeah, there is no chat system or self-service button.
If you want to cancel or ask a question about a product, email or call their CS line...have fun!

Ponn

Banned
Pouch and cards for dealing with Digital River? No thanks. Will hold out hope for the 3DS XL LE instead.

I just hope this doesn't mean 2.5 is post september *sigh*

I'm still not sure if I'll day 1 this tho. Did we know if it included everything from the first game including dlc?

Son Of D

I just hope this doesn't mean 2.5 is post september *sigh*

I'm still not sure if I'll day 1 this tho. Did we know if it included everything from the first game including dlc?

All the songs from the first game including DLC except for the FFXV song (Somnus). Also has the iOS songs.

daydream

Banned
Tempted to get the pouch. Looks really neat.

Apparently, SE store is not something I could/should order from, though?

Baliis

I'll buy it, but I won't be happy. I'm still waiting for drakebgard 3 to ship because they apparently sold me items they don't have

I really want those cards and that pouch would be great for the Theatrhythm 3DSLL I imported.
But, I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the LE at amazon. But that's subject to change. Glad to see a release date!!! Yay!

I'm a fool and ordered the CE from S-E. I loved the first game and I'm still amazed that we're getting the second.

Despite the Digital River horror stories, they've done me wrong. Wizard Edition was delivered fine. Symphonia HD CE had no issues either. But I should also note that my credit card didn't expire and I didn't need to change my shipping address.

Danferno

Wow, is Digital River really that bad? Well, I noticed the shipping is almost $10, so I'm just going to get it from Amazon. The extras are definitely not worth an extra $40 to me.

They also cannot change billing info for a preorder. Instead, they cancel the original and place a new one, which leaves you high and dry if it sold out. They are also prone to just canceling orders that have a problem (expired CC#, etc) at payment time (usually at ship time, unless you used PayPal).

In short, as long as you can be damn sure you're not going to modify an order for any reason, it will usually work out. Both times I used them things worked out--but I was always prepared for it to go sideways.

After the Drakengard 3 fiasco there is zero chance of my buying anything off of the S-E store. I guess I will be grabbing the normal old edition.

Top Bottom