• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

pariah164

Only question for me here is digital or physical. I played the original TR so much that I ended up wishing it was digital, but on the other hand Nintendo...
The only solution is to double dip.

In all seriousness, I'm going physical so I can have both games side to side on my shelf. The last retail game I bought digitally was Disney Magical World.

Anyone get the collector's edition from Square-Enix, which was (ugh) shipped by Digital Rivier? Got one in today (totally forgot I ordered it until it shipped a few days ago...do'h!) and of course there was pretty much no packing material in there...

Mine came in a pretty huge box, with a lot of construction paper around it.

Since I have already put some time into it, I thought I might share who I am starting with in my party. I downloaded the demo, so It unlocked an additional 10 characters to start with. I have Tidus, Zack, Yuna (FFX-2), and Ace

pariah164

Mine came in a pretty huge box, with a lot of construction paper around it.

Since I have already put some time into it, I thought I might share who I am starting with in my party. I downloaded the demo, so It unlocked an additional 10 characters to start with. I have Tidus, Zack, Yuna (FFX-2), and Ace
YES. I was looking forward to X-2 Yuna. She will be my leader always~

I think this game will signal my transition to all digital 3DS. Fuck you for announcing it two weeks after I bought all the original's DLC Square.

I had setups where I could beat 2 bosses on level 99 dark notes in the original. I posted it on one of the FF wiki talk pages so I could lay an irrational claim that I am the only one in existence that did it.

The negated logic applies as well. I assume no one has ever gotten the floor 58 diary entry in Picdun 2 as there is no solution to it online. If it's not on the internet then it cannot be real.

suzu

I'm excited for this, but it seems they've really dropped the ball when it comes to DLC characters. They started off okay, but then descended into clones and now they've completely stopped. :/

I hope they start it up again with some fresh characters.

I want more FFXIV characters! Just one isn't enough. :T

Thinking about keeping my vanilla copy but get this one.

I'll probably get nothing for it if I traded it in.

I thought I wouldn't get anything either but I ended up being able to sell it on ebay a few weeks ago for 22$. It's worth a try if you really want to get rid of it and don't mind the hindrance of packaging/shipping etc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played as much of the original game as I would have liked, despite loving it. It's great to hear this game comes with all the DLC of the first one, since I haven't bought any song. I think I'm going to buy the new game pretty soon.

Besides, it'd be great to have it digitally instead of having to leave the cart inside every time I want to play it.

Zalman

I never played the first game, but I just gave this demo a shot and I actually enjoyed it. Will be picking this up.

If I preorder on Amazon, will it arrive on the 16th or 17th?
Usually Amazon does day 1 shipping so you can get it the day of release. When I pre order games on there I get it sometime in the afternoon of release day. I get free one day shipping since I'm a prime user.

I'm interested but I remember being irked by the fact that in the first one, lots of songs wouldn't play all the way through and would just fade out (I think OWA was one of them). Is that still the case here?

mrmickfran

Oh God, I can't wait until Tuesday. I'm gonna burn hundreds of hours again @_@

I'm going straight for Ultimate mode. Basic and Expert difficulties are dead to me.

Green Yoshi

Played the demo for a while and I don't know if it's just me, but the music is too quiet. No bass, even with decent headphones. Started the demo of the first Theatrhythm afterwards and there everything is fine. In the system settings you see that the the demo of Curtain Call is only half the size of the first demo. Did they reduce the sound quality for the demo, so it's smaller? The IGN review says there's no audio compression although there are three times as many songs as in the first game.

dodgeme

So glad I pre-ordered this.

Honestly completely forgot this was even coming out though.

wWAZF0M.jpg

dodgeme

So pretty! I wish I wasn't so broke I could've gotten this. :(

I wasn't gonna buy it but have missed out on so many limited editions before I figured this one is actually limited to 5000 so I went for it. Still a bit pricey for a 3ds game in my opinion but oh well.

For those that received the Collector's Edition, does the CD case say 2 CDs but only come with one? Thanks!

Hmm... I'll have to investigate mine.

Edit: Yup, CD case shows two discs. But there is only one disc upon unsealing the case. Don't forget that CE also includes the first print sample CD inside the game's outer shell.

Pangya

Did the street date get broken widely or just the collector editions arrived early?

I think collector's editions shipped early, as I got mine yesterday.

I spent 120 hours and got 64/64 trophies on the first game, and am already in love with curtain call. Tons of new features and songs definitely make this worth playing even if you played the first.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm so excited for this. I hope I can get my copy early but It might come late since I ordered it on the SE store with other products that are preorders.

ZeroX03

Banned
Mentioned in the other thread I forgot about this game! I'll order it soon, importing because it saves a bunch and my backlog is huge so the extra wait doesn't mean much. More tracks and button controls though? Gonna be fucking fantastic.

MrDaravon

This is probably legitimately my most anticipated title of the year outside of maaaaybe Destiny (...). I'm still super salty I missed out on the CE stock, I was super broke when they first announced it and started pre-orders, and I had the money to order it (the S-E store in the US takes your money when you order) 2 days after they ran out of stock :(. I only really super want the case that came in the CE to be honest, so if anyone decides they don't want it let me know!

Since I totally forgot to pre-order this after failing to get the CE I'm actually thinking about going digital on this. I'm not a fan of going digital in general when physical is an option, but I may make an exception on this one. I'll have to see if I can score some cheap eshop cards or something.

Kemal86

I'm so hyped for this. Spent 100+ hours in the first game.

I'm not a huge fan of the change to the wave-note mechanics in FMS though. I wish it would use the old system when using the stylus. Probably since I played so much of the original I can't get my timing right with the circle pad.

Though it works great for BMS.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think collector's editions shipped early, as I got mine yesterday.

I spent 120 hours and got 64/64 trophies on the first game, and am already in love with curtain call. Tons of new features and songs definitely make this worth playing even if you played the first.

64/64 wow. Nice work.

pariah164

Replaying the first, trying to see if I can unlock all the characters as a personal challenge before Tuesday (DR2 is beaten, so I can do this guilt free). So far, the Chaos Shrine is trolling the fuck out of me.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man I am really digging this game and the button controls, much more fun than just stylus. Also recently posted an unboxing of the collector's edition if anyone cares.

Ventara

Anyone in Canada have their CE shipped out yet? I haven't, but I have some problems with my credit card that should be sorted today, so I'm wondering if it's not shipped because of that (and thus have to jump through some hoops with DR to get it fixed), or if I should just wait some more.

Man I am really digging this game and the button controls, much more fun than just stylus. Also recently posted an unboxing of the collector's edition if anyone cares.

Aren't there supposed to be a few cards?

Only played the demo but does anyone have any tips for the FMS track? The wavy lines are screwing me over in ultimate.

Looking forward to the full thing on Friday for sure.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, there's online multiplayer?

Geezus! This has been a Day 1/Midnight eShop purchase for me for months, and I didn't even know!

Enjolras

Neo Member
Been so excited for this, and hearing about online mutliplayer has increased my hype so much. Played the first one almost to death (all characters lvl99, 60/64 trophies (I gave up on the play demo ones), and spent far too much on the DLC. I see the pattern repeating itself.

Had my CE preordered since June - what're the chances of SE EU store delivering mine early this week?

Top Bottom