• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a 100€ price drop (Sale) for the disc edition PS5 in most of Europe (Up: may be coming to US/UK/GER as well)

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Where i am consoles where at 550€ and now you can find the disc version everywhere at 460€
There seems to be a big price drop going on to remove all stocks before releasing the new model maybe

It seems most European countries have this since july
has been spotted in Spain, which shows that the Disc Edition console will be receiving a €100 price cut from 1 July. It’s only a temporary promotion, mind you - the offer will end on 15 July, so gamers only have two weeks to grab one at a discounted price.

Rumors that the US and UK is next

Last edited by a moderator:

Gudji

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Banjo64

cumsessed
Been on offer for the last week in EU territories.

UK retailers already dropping prices in the past week prior to any official promo. Argos had the console plus Hogwarts for £479. EE had the console, an additional black Dualsense and Ragnarök for £479. The Game Collection had the console plus an additional Dualsense for £439.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I called it. Increasing the price of a 3 year old console thats already sold to the hardcore was never a good idea. The sales were slowing down from the peak earlier this year so it's good to see sony adjust so quickly. my only qualm is that they increased the price in the first place to rip off poor bastards who couldnt get their hands on the console in the first two years due to shortages.

MS will also see a sales drop due to their price increase. both consoles should be getting price drops to $399 in order to sell to the 40-60 million range of buyers at a relatively fast clip. they need to go down to $299 with slim versions to appeal to the casuals who only buy cheap consoles. or they will top out at 80 million this gen.

X-Wing

It’s the temporary 100 USD price drop. Currently so in some places in Europe anyway.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
What? PS5 sales declining in those countries or something? If they were, I wouldn’t be surprised, everyone seems to have one at this point lol.

Edit: looks like I was probably well off lol.
Ill say is the first of many things sony will do to counter the acquisition of ABK ...

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
First icon - Sony capital drop
Second Icon - Acquisition in US, UK and Germany
Third Icon - Time is running out for Xbox.

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I called it. Increasing the price of a 3 year old console thats already sold to the hardcore was never a good idea. The sales were slowing down from the peak earlier this year so it's good to see sony adjust so quickly. my only qualm is that they increased the price in the first place to rip off poor bastards who couldnt get their hands on the console in the first two years due to shortages.

MS will also see a sales drop due to their price increase. both consoles should be getting price drops to $399 in order to sell to the 40-60 million range of buyers at a relatively fast clip. they need to go down to $299 with slim versions to appeal to the casuals who only buy cheap consoles. or they will top out at 80 million this gen.

Covid and inflation. Everything went up in price during that time.

Del_X

GBP and EUR have recovered against the USD recently. Makes sense to have price adjustments.

In the US? Price drop sounds like market saturation (at least at $500).

Last edited:

SomeGit

Bruh and MS will increase the Series X price to €550 here in EU 😭. If the new price for the disc PS5 will be €450 then I don't see how the XSX can compete with it .

MS was caught with their pants down, since the PS5 DE will probably also be discounted both SKUs are looking like a much better value than the Series.

So now to compete they’ll probably have to drops thier… when the XSX was just bumped and the 1TB XSS didn’t even launch yet

splattered

Damn we got the chonky GoW bundle at Christmas time.. not sure if I wanna sell this giant thing and get the slim or hand it down to our son and get the slim for ourselves... Guess it will depend on actual difference that the new model makes space-wise

Bernoulli

M2 slut
MS was caught with their pants down, since the PS5 DE will probably also be discounted both SKUs are looking like a much better value than the Series.

So now to compete they’ll probably have to drops thier… when the XSX was just bumped and the 1TB XSS didn’t even launch yet
And later PS5 will only have one SKU when Xbox will be stuck with 3 Series S 512, S 1Tb and X

Good. Could mean the Pro is coming and it doesn't make sense to price it way high above the already highly priced PS5. It's time to get things moving and get the consoles in the hands of more people for GTA 6.

Mr Hyde

Sony clearing out stock before the Spiderman bundle. They should drop the price on their controllers too. Fucking ridiculous pricing over here on the Dualsense.

Last edited:
An offer to liquidate stock but then release a normal PS5 for the spiderman pack in September doesn't make sense, if a slim one came out in September, the spiderman pack would come with it and it isn't.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Peckers, cocks, dicks, penises, are all going in a downward trend in size as the arrow states, thanks to erectile disfunction particularly in the US, UK, and Germany. A worrying trend.

Top Bottom