• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamesindustry.biz: PS5 had a 43% share of all console sales over the last 12 months (Nov 2022 to Oct 2023), but risen to 50% in the last 6 months

how would it be the biggest blunder? they are a services company, something like gamepass fits into that while hardware does not. The only relevant question is how Xbox will drive growth in their services, and it cannot do that if it is not growing itself. It makes far more sense to put their service on the platforms that are growing. Same logic behind why I can get and use Office on Android and iOS.
Lol it’ll be will be the biggest blunder giving your biggest rival close to all the market share after spending so much on acquisitions. Idk if you know but all of gamepass users are on xbox, console gaming itself is bigger then pc gaming shit they even projected it to even go higher in the next few years but you guys think Microsoft are gonna leave the console market? Cmon now 😂

Ms didn’t buy Activision thinking about consoles, come on now.
The market is expected to grow from US$ 19,550.7 million in 2023 to US$ 75,280.8 million by 2033. Please you
Guys are killing me here lol if you
Think they didn’t buy it thinking about consoles you clearly don’t know how this works watch them make cod exclusive in 10 years

Three

Rockstar surely wouldn't be putting a game as big as GTA6 on a sub service at launch... Would kill sales for this game.
The online component only, to boost microtransactions/shark card sales and get a wad of cash from the platform holder does seem more plausible. Not the entire game. Rockstar separated the two and sold them individually on GTAV.

Last edited:
The online component only, to boost microtransactions/shark card sales and get a wad of cash from the platform holder does seem more plausible. Not the entire game. Rockstar separated the two and sold them individually on GTAV.

If that were on the cards then they'd likely make the dash to be on PS+ essential. They've spent time and money cultivating a userbase on PlayStation and essential has the most subscribers.

That said, I don't think it'll happen.

StereoVsn

GamePass kills hardware and software sales... End of Story....
But it’s not the End of Engagement and the wider MS family that includes Sony and Nintendo.

mmhmwie.jpg

Pi4RQMb.jpg

Three

If that were on the cards then they'd likely make the dash to be on PS+ essential. They've spent time and money cultivating a userbase on PlayStation and essential has the most subscribers.

That said, I don't think it'll happen.
True but it depends how much the platform holders are willing to pay for the privilege too so I won't rule it out just based on userbase. It's just a feeling I have on past info we've had. We'll find out in December.

StereoVsn

I know this is meant as a humorous response, but their value is probably considerably higher than that. And let's say it's not a problem since MS basically has infinite money, then Valve being purchased by MS would make them a de facto monopoly in the PC gaming space, with them owning the biggest digital storefront in the world (Steam) and also the Windows Store and the Battlenet client.

There's no way that the EU commission - or the CMA for that matter - will let them pass such an acquisition, and if they do, then I'm not sure what to think anymore, other than our government agencies being highly regarded.
That would be the worst timeline. Which is why I hope Gaben lives for a very long time as without him who the hell knows what would happen.

Also, he doesn’t need more money and 0 chance he would sell to MS .

Stare-Bear

Banned
I'm leaning more towards MS having that deal. Especially as the FTC were bringing in Take 2, the leaked meeting MS had with them and xbox likely just using daddy MS money to pay for it. I can maybe see some deal where the online component gets put on gamepass just like GTA5 Online was free for PS5 owners.
PlayStation social accounts have all reshared and reacted to rockstars announcement. Xbox on the other hand has been silent…

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

That'll be the STUPIDEST thing Rockstar could possibility do. People will buy GTA6 for the online component. Why give it away?

zedinen

Top Bottom