• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is no way to play final fantasy X in 60 fps on PC?

People were praising the remaster available on Steam, I'm surprised this wasn't addressed. One thing I love about FFX is the artsyle, those luscious and calming blues are serene and beautiful. Doesn't help also that my favourite colour is blue.
Ffx-art.jpg

Brock2621

There are some bonkers beautiful 8k texture mods though on Nexus. I just played it with a ton of mods a couple months ago for the first time and loved it

graywolf323

does it run at 60 fps on Xbox or was that a different Final Fantasy game? maybe that was FFXII? I just remember there was at least one that got ported and for some reason they made it the best version without patching the improvements on the other platforms IIRC

Mabdia

60 fps is the last thing people should worry about that "remaster".
They ruined the visuals and the music

9kiry7kgh0e71.png

More than ever it looks live we are playing with Meg Ryan.
nS1lGw0.jpg

But as I'm a sucker, I played it for over 158 hours. Got it on Vita and then on PS4... And that after playing it for over 120 hours in PS2... And I'm starting to think to get it on steam and looking for a phisical copy of it on PS3 (as it comes with a manual).

There is an option to use the original songs, there isn't?

Last edited:
nS1lGw0.jpg

But as I'm a sucker, I played it for over 158 hours. Got it on Vita and then on PS4... And that after playing it for over 120 hours in PS2... And I'm starting to think to get it on steam and looking for a phisical copy of it on PS3 (as it comes with a manual).

There is yes

IFireflyl

Gold Member
nS1lGw0.jpg

cOh3YAD.png

Skifi28

I can't say the framerate bothered me, slow paced exploration with no camera control plus turned-based battles make for a fine 30fps experience. Biggest issue I had was that really annoying 2000s blur they used instead for motion blur that ruined the image in many cutscenes.

At least you can mod Japanese voices with English subs that the game doesn't let you choose for whatever crazy reason.

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

What is actually the best way to play FFX today?

Emulation of the PS2-Version with 4K-res? I heard the US-Version is missing content and the PAL-Version has the content, but is only 50Hz. Is there a patched PS2-version u can emulate on PC regarding this problem?

Last edited:

Bojji

Emulation of the PS2-Version with 4K-res? I heard the US-Version is missing content and the PAL-Version has the content, but is only 50Hz. Is there a patched PS2-version u can emulate on PC regarding this problem?

Back in 2003 i had modded PS2 and what i got from my "pirate supplier" was japanese international version, you get: 60Hz, all PAL content and japanese and English support.

But i doubt for emulation there is any difference between pal and NTSC games, and every version should work in 60fps. Remaster has much better textures and water effects (plus hd UI).

Tarnpanzer

Back in 2003 i had modded PS2 and what i got from my "pirate supplier" was japanese international version, you get: 60Hz, all PAL content and japanese and English support.

But i doubt for emulation there is any difference between pal and NTSC games, and every version should work in 60fps. Remaster has much better textures and water effects (plus hd UI).

Thx for the reply!

Any mods to restore the original faces on PC?

Last edited:

Rykan

The best way is to get the remaster. It comes with all the US missing content and it comes with X - 2 too.

Unless you have a preference for a particular platform, PC is the best one due to its modability. You can add graphic enhancements and language settings fairly easily. The language files are in the game, SE just won't let you change them for some reason. It's also super easy to add XP share to the PC version, which is why it's the only version that I would even consider playing.

I'd say the remaster, for which platform will be up to you. PC will give you mods etc but something like Switch will give you portability - as its locked at 30fps irrespective of the platform there aren't too many graphical differences. I've been playing on PS4 & PSVita lately mainly because its cross-save

Top Bottom