• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's Korean writing in Surgery Simulator...and has nothing to do with Half-Life.

A valvetime user has discovered more links to korea in the old leaked half-life 2: episode 3 concept art:

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/there-may-actually-be-an-arg.243624/

Pics of Alyx wearing North Korean winter gear, that pic of the guy with the korean symbol on his head, and a crashed korean military helicopter

alyx_head1b.jpg

ep3_xen6.jpg

ep3_05.jpg

tumblr_mp3hi3wEct1rvnxu8o1_500.jpg

Based on the concept art it looks like Hl2 Ep3 was originally going to lead Gordon and Alyx somewhere near Russia or North Korea.

Where's all this 'leaked concept art' coming from? I thought that the only concept art we had of HL3 was this one:

GlamFM

Banned
Hope a mod updates this thread so this madness can stop.

One page from now and everybody will have forgotten it was nothing and start doing astronomy again....

33i1yHr.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Even with the comment from the surgery simulator team... This all makes perfect sense.

The korean themed artworks, the korean voicesupdates, the korean signs in the update, the voice actress of alyx tweeting about being happy to be back in the voicebox, the "joke" from PC Gamer.

I still belive that it will happen. #TeamHope

wizzbang

Banned
Sigh, back to the drawing board. I've never done an ARG before, it could've been fun!
EDIT: and for the love of fuck would multiple TRUSTWORTHY people here confirm the Ricochet "3 secret achievements" thing? because I've rebooted steam 5 times, gone into beta mode etc, I don't see it.

Fake right?

wotta

Via VG247

UPDATE: I chucked Bossa Studios head Henrique Olifiers an email to see what he made of this madness, and he replied.

“Yep, this was an interesting one to wake up to this morning, I give you that. The easter-egg is a fundamental part of an upcoming July update of the game, but nothing to do with a Valve title, I’m afraid.”

So there we go, nothing to do with Half-Life 3, sadly.

Skab

its kinda hilarious that they didnt know this would happen by putting something cryptic in tf2 related content tho

I mean, not only was it a medic statue, but it had stuff in Korean the day after HL2 had a Korean update.

I can't wait to see the internets reaction when a HL arg actually does start.

Newblade

Even with the comment from the surgery simulator team... This all makes perfect sense.

The korean themed artworks, the korean voicesupdates, the korean signs in the update, the voice actress of alyx tweeting about being happy to be back in the voicebox, the "joke" from PC Gamer.

I still belive that it will happen. #TeamHope

Unforeseen
coincidences.

Newblade

I mean, not only was it a medic statue, but it had stuff in Korean the day after HL2 had a Korean update.

Do we know for sure the puzzle wasn't there before the HL2 update?

jackrubyn

Maybe all these false alarms will create a boy who cried wolf type situation and there won't be much of a reaction...

...people will go apeshit

bee

bollocks :( this did make me realize though that while i'm looking forward to playing some games like assetto corsa and others, i'm only actually excited for one

Valve haven't released something internally -I'm not counting CS:Go- for two years. I'm still holding out hope that the time is close for a reveal of their new game. Maybe not Half Life 3, but something. Anything. Please.

Sibylus

Banned
Indeed, but it's worth noting that Dota 2 has been running on a skeleton crew for a while (the majority of the people who were working on it have moved on, additionally evidenced by the drastically slowed update rate after TI2). The bulk of Valve's developers are now on things they haven't revealed yet. Something is coming. Maybe multiple somethings.

ekim

Indeed, but it's worth noting that Dota 2 has been running on a skeleton crew for a while (the majority of the people who were working on it have moved on, additionally evidenced by the drastically slowed update rate after TI2). The bulk of Valve's developers are now on things they haven't revealed yet. Something is coming. Maybe multiple somethings.

Well... I wouldn't wonder if they come up with something during the summer sale. Something like the potato-sack thing.

Bricky

Another day another false Half Life 3 clue. Damnit, we were SO CLOSE this time.

Ah well, the hype each time something like this happens is awesome on its own, it has been fun once again GAF.

#Believe#TeamHL3#TeamCG

Top Bottom