• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Holy shit, this might be real?!

id6UnIaysadsf.gif

GodofWine

I kinda feel for Rushy...had a kid and this in a weeks time..good lord someone buy the man a pint.

Well, gonna be playing a lot of killzone...A LOT.

Seeya in 2014 DC.

Too bad, launch would have put the game in some many peoples hands too...

My post applies whether or not this article is true. The term "anonymous source" is used too much. Reporters need to be more specific: is this a random tipster? Someone who has been reliable for years? Someone else entirely?
I agree. Anonymous source sounds like someone send in an email from a gmail address going 'hey I work for the Sony, we delayed Driveclub trollolol'.

If they actually confirmed who they were I would have expected something more along the lines of 'someone familiar with the matter' or words to that effect. I mean it doesn't say much that even they have big bold text casting doubt on their own posting! They clearly haven't verified who the tipster is.

hodgy100

Just out of curiosity, what are the chances that famousmortimer knows? His post seems to have changed the direction of conversation.

he's an insider and he hears whispers. But on something liek this I'd wait till official confirmation. It's not like they arent going to tell anyone any time soon.

ekim

In both cases, WD and DC, I'm somewhat happy that devs and publishers decided to delay instead of releasing an unpolished game just for the sake of releasing at a console launch. Still a bummer. :-/

Alx

This launch is getting crazier by the day... assuming the rumor is true, with the Ubi games that's a lot of last minute delays. I don't remember that happening for previous consoles.

So Sony doesnt have a game to counter forza this year then? I know gt6 is coming for ps3 but that doesn't counter next gen

Yeah GT6 coming out on PS3 after next gen consoles launch. I've said this many times on here and I always get shit for it but Sony made a huge mistake with GT6 and other exclusives on the PS3 during a next gen launch year. They're stealing the thunder from their own next gen console

Dude the game is 4 weeks from launch I raised some legit concerns and you reacted by saying lol sniper hunter tread. Now stop spinning, and go eat the crow!

Because I knew it was a SniperHunter thread even before I saw the name, and I was right. What's your point?

You haven't answered my question on how does it relate at all. I made no comments on the delay. Ever. Don't act as this redeems you on everything you said previously that I commented on in order for me to eat any crow, because it doesn't, not one bit.

Bricky

This and the Watch_Dogs delay give more good reasons not to buy a PS4 this year, which I was planning on buying next year but might've otherwise hype-bought without good reason leaving my wallet empty, so imokaywiththis.jpg.

Delay the game if it'll help, as I'd rather have a delay than a half-baked game.

But honestly I'd cancel my pre-order and just wait until the spring.

UNCMark

Banned
Injustice, Resogun, Battlefield, and N++ doesn't make for much of a launch, but it's going to have to do. No way I'm canceling my pre-order this close to launch.

Fistwell

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS4 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS4. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS4. Except if they want to play Knack (lol). Which will also come to Xbone Wii U Vita at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This launch is getting crazier by the day... assuming the rumor is true, with the Ubi games that's a lot of last minute delays. I don't remember that happening for previous consoles.

Could be something about the consoles, but it could just as easily be something about Ubisoft, which has become quite a behemoth since 2005/6. Maybe they bit off more than they could chew in terms of the sheer number of games and platforms they're working on.

Prediction time: It's no longer going to be a digital only release. It's going to the disk and will receive a decent marketing push in Spring.

Trogdor1123

Okay, so if the preview version isn't even being offered at launch on PS+, then I really have zero reason to claim my launch PS4.Maybe they're offering that version at launch as a 'demo', but otherwise I just went from completely on board getting one to uninterested very fast.

im thinking this too, might just wait on my PS4 now. I can wait till infamous or Destiny. COD is the only PS4 launch game i was getting other than some of the smaller games.

UNCMark

Banned
Now would be a good time for Rockstar to walk onto the stage, show off next gen versions of GTA5 ready for launch, drop the mic, and walk off the stage.

by the end of the month we'll find out that there are literally no games coming out for the rest of this year. it was a little embarrassing once all the companies realized it, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom