• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you can't stand about your Significant Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

No relationship is perfect, if your life with your GF/Fiancee/Lover is all rainbows and pink skies, something is most likely wrong, we're not perfect and it is normal, so, this thread is to vent those situations/behavior we can't stand, but, ironically, we do.

I'll start, my GF is a very spiritual person, she was raised in a Roman Catholic home and assisted to a Catholic High School, I'm a Roman Catholic too, but I'm not that in to religion, there are things about it I despice, others I'm ok with and others I support, when we discuss religion or I just don't want to go to church, we have heated arguments about religion, I mean REALLY HEATED, I just tend to cool my head and walk away, cause to me, that topic is such bullshit to throw a relationship to the shitter, we are very happy together, we have different point of view about different things and she respect that and I respect hers, but when it comes to religion, she tends to behave like an extremist, and that really push me over the edge.

There's mine, your turn.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Her cock is bigger than mine.

Gustav

Banned
When she brushes her hair it looks like Chewbacca is lying on the bathroom floor and partially in the sink. Every goddamn time.

the fact that she works 55 hours a week and has a clingy as shit mother.
also, sorta not into the whole catholic thing, but it's not as pronounced.

Dabanton

When she brushes her hair it looks like Chewbacca is lying on the bathroom floor and partially in the sink. Every goddamn time.

Yeah the hair thing can be annoying my SO has long hair some of which which always ends up in the bath after she's used it. I've gotten used to removing it now though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My girlfriend still likes the Simpsons.

I also hate the amount of hair that accumulates in the sink/shower. I have pretty long hair but I don't leave the bathroom covered in it. Literally every surface in the bathroom is covered after she's gotten ready to go out.

Gustav

Banned
Yeah the hair thing can be annoying my SO has long hair some of which which always ends up in the bath after she's used it. I've gotten used to removing it now though.
So what you're saying is I should get used to it? Man, why can't she just clean up afterwards? At least just flush the sink to remove the hair.

My girlfriend still likes the Simpsons.
Holy shit. That would annoy me.

Goldmund

She's way smarter than me and unintentionally gives proof of that fact in my weakest hours. She's a damned wunderkind.

noah111

Still Alive
^Oh gawd. This is the most annoying thing. My last gf was vey into taking pictures of everything and posting them up on fb/twitter. It was just too much.

There are some gems in there, but a diamond is kinda meaningless when it's under seven tons of horse shit.

Drazgul

She's way smarter than me and unintentionally gives proof of that fact in my weakest hours. She's a damned wunderkind.

Remember, might makes right.

Unless she's also stronger than you, in which case you should go into the corner and be ashamed of yourself.

Dabanton

So what you're saying is I should get used to it? Man, why can't she just clean up afterwards? At least just flush the sink to remove the hair.

Well i let my SO off the hook slightly as her job is very busy. So in the morning she doesn't have time to wait for the bath to empty and since i work later in the day i'm home and i like things to be clean so i just clean up lol

Shoogoo

It's really nothing, but when she has a bank bill she doesn't want to "break" it into coins. She'd rathey pay by credit card than spend the bank bill.

And it gets worse when it's a bank bill she received for her birthday, that thing will sit in her bag for months.

It's something I don't understand.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
She never believed I loved her. I guess my fault too.

-PXG-

Excessive texting.

I had a GF who would text non-stop. Usually, this got on my nerves most when we were cuddling or out getting something to eat. She had enough sense to not interrupt sex. Anyway, I'd be talking to her, and she would just sit there, ignore me and text her friends She would take a few bites and ask for the rest to go (at least she waan't wasteful). Every few seconds she'd get a text and just felt obligated to respond.

I eventually brought it up and told her how rude and obnoxious it was. She cut it down significantly and things, from that point on were much better.

big_z

larry_david.jpg

Goldmund

It's really nothing, but when she has a bank bill she doesn't want to "break" it into coins. She'd rathey pay by credit card than spend the bank bill.

And it gets worse when it's a bank bill she received for her birthday, that thing will sit in her bag for months.

It's something I don't understand.
Did she ever experience poverty in her life? I've had that same habit ever since.

My wife sometimes chews really loud when im playing video games. I also have a way way way higher of cleanliness than her. So we get into fights about dishes not being done for a week (i do all the cooking).

Doodle Jump. My wife is just ridiculously addicted to that poxy game.

The only other thing that winds me up about her - apart from her mistaken ideas about what constitutes a fun videogame - is that she is right about everything, always.

Meadows

Banned
Nothing I can't stand, or I wouldn't choose her as my GF. Some stuff that I can stand, but bugs me:

- Bites her nails
- Uses way too many utensils when she cooks (like 3 pans, 8 dishes per meal or something, I have to wash up)
- She sometimes spends a tiny bit too much on fashion labels (although not much in 2011)
- She works hard and makes me feel bad about myself (not her fault lol)

Slair

This is less so with my current girlfriend and more so with the prior ones. But i do believe that girlfriends cant help but be filled with double standards. Basically I do the exact same thing as she did, but when i do it i'm the bad guy. Can apply to an un-countable number of situations. Also if you let a potential double standard slide so you can bring it up again in exactly the same context that she used it on you, you're still the bad guy. Even though you're right, you planned it all knowing you were gonna be (a dick, according to them) using it to prove a point.

.hacked

- Uses way too many utensils when she cooks (like 3 pans, 8 dishes per meal or something, I have to wash up)

dam right!!!!

How come when I cook I can use one or two pots/pans but even with the simplest meal my wife cooks the kitchen looks like she just made Thanksgiving dinner?

Nekofrog

Banned
My wife still asks me "permission" to do certain things like get up and go get a fucking coke.

"Honey, can I go get a soda?"

"OH GODDAMMIT YOU'RE YOUR OWN PERSON AND I'M NOT YOUR FATHER ALTHOUGH THAT WOULD EXPLAIN WHY YOU CALL ME DADDY WHILE BANGING STOP ASKING ME PERMISSION FOR THE STUPIDEST SHIT"

MC Safety

Bites her fingernails, drives me nuts!

I dated a very sweet, very cute young woman who once bit her nails and then left the bitten off pieces by my laptop computer while she typed on it. I stood there, horrified, while she continued to bite her nails, place the nail parts on the table, and continue typing.

Nothing I can't stand, or I wouldn't choose her as my GF. Some stuff that I can stand, but bugs me:

- Bites her nails
- She sometimes spends a tiny bit too much on fashion labels (although not much in 2011)

I have the same traits. I wonder if I drive my lady up the wall.

Of her traits, I'd say the less than equal footing on certain issues. I'm one of those guys who enjoys some peace and quiet to read/write. I give her all the time and space she needs to do whatever she wants to do and rarely get in her way. She just loves to interrupt what I'm doing to tell me something completely useless/pointless.

- Bites her nails

heh, I thought I was the only one! I swear every time my GF cooks something our kitchen ends up looking like a warzone, with practically every pot and utensil under the sun having being used for something trivial. I honestly don't mind it though - I mostly find it amusing and end up making fun of her about it :)

Other small niggles I can mention:
-you can find where she is by the trail of tissues she leaves behind. Every time she sits at the PC or on the sofa, there's bound to be at least 1-2 used tissues sitting around afterwards
-after falling asleep, she often ends up entirely on my half of the bed soon after, to the point where she's basically pushing me out of it and I have to actually push/roll her away just to gain an extra few inches of space for me. The funny thing is that when she wakes up and finds me sleeping in a weird position with half my body hanging outside of the bed, she has the audacity to laugh at me about the "weird way I sleep", completely oblivious to the fact that she was practically pushing me towards the edge of it while she was sleeping =)

Barrett2

Wife has this weird habit of sometimes not twisting the lid tightly onto food items when putting them back into the fridge. Once every few months I will get doused with orange juice as I shake the bottle only to have the loose cap fly off. Kind of weird.

My wife amasses large amounts of clutter and is not good at keeping a clean house. She insists it is because we have a small house, but I know that if we had a mansion it would be full of clutter in record time. It's just the way she is.

We balance each other out well though since I am a clean freak and enjoy cleaning and organizing the house. If I'm gone for a couple of days though, the house goes downhill fast.

Meadows

Banned
My wife amasses large amounts of clutter and is not good at keeping a clean house. She insists it is because we have a small house, but I know that if we had a mansion it would be full of clutter in record time. It's just the way she is.

We balance each other out well though since I am a clean freak and enjoy cleaning and organizing the house. If I'm gone for a couple of days though, the house goes downhill fast.

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom