• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is a real ad in 2013

hachi

Banned
Becoming a fundamentally family-oriented system is exactly what Nintendo should be doing with the Wii U. Funding games like Lego City is a great start, but I'd like to see them drop the entire vision of gaming as defined by its competitors and just fully embrace being the Pixar of this medium: every release to be something that appeals to all ages without being patronizing, while maintaining quality and attention to detail that rises above the rest of the medium. That, and more local social experiences.

That is where they excel. Forget the idea of becoming something at all comparable to PS/XBox systems and gamer cultures.

spirity

This thread has been gold, especially the first page.

Gonna have to say the ad itself looks a lot more like an 80's ad, rather than a 90's one. Someone nailed it earlier, it looks like something Atari used to put out.

bakedpony

It's hilarious that a lot of folks would push this ad as EA's work. Truly cringe-worthy ad.

Do each of the families compensated have their own ad now?

RobbieNick

Dad gets to have all the fun.

Is this mode really fun at all?
Or is it like when I used to give my kid brother the 2P controller and let him "play" with me in my single player game.

Basically, it's a mode called "co-pilot" where one gets to drive and the other gets to mess around with God mode. AKA Turn day into night, turn on/off traffic, drop him into a challenge, etc.

Gold Member
Wish my son would look adoringly at me when we play games together, I need a WiiU!!

only because then I might have a chance against him, kids are too good :(

Seriously though, that ad is cringe worthy IMO, über awful.

Don't exactly get why it's so awful. It seems to be aimed at the family-oriented father figure, someone who'd be reading a magazine like ESPN ___. Seems to be fine, considering who it's targeting.

Seik

Banned
DerZuhälter;58218398 said:
q1_5.jpg

Best one I've seen in this thread so far, closely followed by 'Domestic Violence'.

mantidor

Don't exactly get why it's so awful. It seems to be aimed at the family-oriented father figure, someone who'd be reading a magazine like ESPN ___. Seems to be fine, considering who it's targeting.

Because it's completely uncool man, dads and kids playing together! cringeworthy!

The ad is not for you people.

Also, Nintendo published NFS? seems weird they would advertise the title themselves if they are not the publishers, right? I guess it indeed was an important title for them.

I saw these start appearing in Entertainment Weekly and I couldn't believe it.

I mean I guess "Nintendo" is the reason-sometimes you want to shake some sense into them.

Nintendo needs a major regime change - whoever is in charge of these decisions doesn't deserve their job.

Iorv3th

I think they would have been better off showing off screen play with the dad watching TV without the kid interrupting him. I know my dad would sit down in the evenings and watch the news and I would always bug him because I wanted to play games and he had the TV.

They could have sold it as "don't be bothered anymore" or something.

Hatten

Nintendo playing the "desperate father trying to bond with his son" card?

Sales must be really down to do this...

Top Bottom