• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is not Reddit. Yet and still, Ask Me Anything

besada

Banned
Aisha, I just wanted to thank you for coming on GAF and putting up with us. Also, for Archer and the many laughs I've had about your monster hands.

Half of my friends hated to see you again this year at ubisofts conference but I was actually pretty happy. Some of them thought u were making fun of the guy who said beta wrong but I just think they took it the wrong way bc you had heels on and a lot of guys aren't used to taller women in power in general.

To set the record straight, I'm right, right?

EDIT: haha missed her by 1 minute, perfect timing

Kinyou

That was really a joy to read. Great to see someone engage the audience that directly. Hope Ubisoft keeps hiring you as their host.

I will not recant my statement about Fallout: New Vegas, as I played the whole thing and I developed no more affection for it at the end than I had at the beginning. HOWEVER. I will say that that game wasn't for me, and I have elaborated in this thread as to why.

h43eUaL.gif

Seriously though, thanks for the thread!

BRvFw0n.gif

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So thanks to everyone who posted here. I couldn't read, let alone respond to, all your posts, but thanks for making this such a chunky robust thread. Whee!

Final thoughts:

Interviewed Far Cry 4 EP Dan Hay yesterday for my podcast. Talked about a LOT of stuff, including how he got into the gaming industry and how they create new Far Cry games. That will post this Tuesday at girlonguy.net for those of you who know how to operate computer things that make sounds.

We also talked about how hard it is to create a game, and what a massive undertaking that is, and how soul crushing it is when you've spent two years pouring your blood into something and then someone skitters up to you on the floor at E3 or online and says "your game sucks" and then bobbles away to eat a corn dog.

This made me consider the number of times I've dismissed a game glibly and out of hand with a few casual words -- like, a million times. And it made me wonder what it would be like to put two years of my life and energy and ideas and weekends into a game, and maybe destroy my marriage and my health and my friendships and my spirit to get this thing out, and then someone dumps on it summarily and can't even tell you WHY they don't like it, just that it "sucks."

So. I am going to recant my previous statement about Destiny, until I have played the game and can evaluate it fully. I poo-pooed it before it was even out, which I will admit, was a LITTLE premature. Just a tiny bit.

I will not recant my statement about Fallout: New Vegas, as I played the whole thing and I developed no more affection for it at the end than I had at the beginning. HOWEVER. I will say that that game wasn't for me, and I have elaborated in this thread as to why.

Not every game is for everyone. Don't freak out on someone just because they aren't as obsessed with Elder Scrolls as you are, or because they're struggling to understand why building a slime farm in Minecraft is a thing. Gamers are not a monolith. When I dismiss "cute" games I am not necessarily saying cute games suck.

I am just saying that they suck for ME.

I do not make this statement in the hope that the internet will become a kinder place.

I know that this is utter folly.

Have an awesome day everyone!!!

Excellent - I'm enjoying the Alpha, it feels like an amped up Halo, but that's not a bad thing. I expect to see you online, join my fireteam and lay the smackdown together. Or I can destroy you in the Crucible, your choice. Again, look up Tokunbo on PSN if you like, no worries, if you don't. Cheers!

Edit: Just saw this post from LukeSmith from Bungie, figured you might find it interesting: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115321786&postcount=1557

Rich!

If this has already been asked, ignore it and punch me in the face

How was filming on 24? Seen the newest season?

its awesome

AU Tiger

So thanks to everyone who posted here. I couldn't read, let alone respond to, all your posts, but thanks for making this such a chunky robust thread. Whee!

Final thoughts:

Interviewed Far Cry 4 EP Dan Hay yesterday for my podcast. Talked about a LOT of stuff, including how he got into the gaming industry and how they create new Far Cry games. That will post this Tuesday at girlonguy.net for those of you who know how to operate computer things that make sounds.

We also talked about how hard it is to create a game, and what a massive undertaking that is, and how soul crushing it is when you've spent two years pouring your blood into something and then someone skitters up to you on the floor at E3 or online and says "your game sucks" and then bobbles away to eat a corn dog.

This made me consider the number of times I've dismissed a game glibly and out of hand with a few casual words -- like, a million times. And it made me wonder what it would be like to put two years of my life and energy and ideas and weekends into a game, and maybe destroy my marriage and my health and my friendships and my spirit to get this thing out, and then someone dumps on it summarily and can't even tell you WHY they don't like it, just that it "sucks."

So. I am going to recant my previous statement about Destiny, until I have played the game and can evaluate it fully. I poo-pooed it before it was even out, which I will admit, was a LITTLE premature. Just a tiny bit.

Not every game is for everyone. Don't freak out on someone just because they aren't as obsessed with Elder Scrolls as you are, or because they're struggling to understand why building a slime farm in Minecraft is a thing. Gamers are not a monolith. When I dismiss "cute" games I am not necessarily saying cute games suck.

I am just saying that they suck for ME.

I do not make this statement in the hope that the internet will become a kinder place.

I know that this is utter folly.

Have an awesome day everyone!!!

sigh..

2TYVKd5l.jpg

HeelPower

Meryl Streep is like the sun and you should not look into her eyes directly or you will be blinded by the solar flares of her talent.

I see Gabourey often. She's funny and smart and delightful and rad. I am so happy for all of her success.

Glorious post.

Thank you so much for replying and posting its been so much fun!

Hope you come again next E3 (and every E3) and not just at Ubi...Everywhere basically lol

Swhalen

I did not. We all record our episodes of Archer separately.

However, The Bourdain and I are friendly. He did an episode of my podcast, which is how he ended up on Archer. http://girlonguy.net/podcast/girl-on-guy-48-anthony-bourdain-2/

I also did an episode of his show The Getaway. So there's that. http://tv.esquire.com/videos/70579-the-getaway-aisha-tyler-devours-classic-parisian-bistro-cuisine

The eternal bourbon-soaked golden braid.

Awesome! I didn't know that. Thanks for the reply.
I'll check out both links.

Chairhome

Just wanted to point out a nice little bit of showing her nerd cred: on the last whose line, she said "you make a great chicken, if only I could eat you and ingest your powers... Like a game of Tekken"

Top Bottom