• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Haha. One of my chief annoyances, regarding SSX's soundtrack, is that people continually harp on this game for overusing dubstep. In reality, there are 6 dubstep songs in the game's 34 licensed tracks.

I'll be making the OT title an even lamer joke. (No, it won't be my original/terrible Titanic reference.)

That doesn't mean that people are barred from wub a dub dubbing all they like in the OT. I fully expect people will be making those jokes in there. :p

But... I was serious. :(

I'm pro wub dubs!

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to your OT. Hit me up with a friend request on XBL so we can dub wub those slopes. :p (NKRumor)

No Allegra? Preorder canceled.

Now that I've seen gameplay, nothing can stop me from owning this.

If they add characters in DLC I can almost guarantee that Allegra will be the first they add. Todd Batty is more than aware of the fact that the fans want to see her come back.

JambiBum

Soultron maybe you should just flip a coin between trick or race for the contest. I was trying to think of some way to average it out but I don't really know how that would work.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Soultron maybe you should just flip a coin between trick or race for the contest. I was trying to think of some way to average it out but I don't really know how that would work.

It should be trick imo. Adds more hype to people trying to top each others score than trying to find the fastest route.

It should be trick imo. Adds more hype to people trying to top each others score than trying to find the fastest route.

I agree. The fastest time will be set fairly quick I imagine. But you will always be able to cram more tricks in for a higher score.

And this is coming from somebody who has traditionally been much better at race compared to trick.

Between waiting for the OT here, and myself posting something pretty big on MC, I think I have my time covered until the demo comes out.

soultron

Banned
Working away at the OT. I'll post in here when it's up.

Don't worry if it's not up right at midnight! I want to make it good for you guys, so it might drop at like 1 AM or 2 AM!

Editing and linking all of the songs for the OST section took forever.

Snakeyes

Don't worry if it's not up right at midnight! I want to make it good for you guys, so it might drop at like 1 AM or 2 AM!

Your passion for this game is awesome.

I expect nothing but midnight.

I really need to change my avatar to something SSX related. I think I may wait to play the game to decide which character is my favorite and change it to one of them. Probably Psymon or Tane.

soultron

Banned
I really need to change my avatar to something SSX related. I think I may wait to play the game to decide which character is my favorite and change it to one of them. Probably Psymon or Tane.

If anyone wants to make avatars, feel free. I'll throw them in the OT.

rukland

Got my first GAF friends request on PSN today for this game. Keep them coming, this game is my late b-day present from my kids when it comes out. The wife bought me headphones so she never has to hear "Tricky" again.

Man I can not wait for this game, win or lose in events I plan to play this way too much. Never been so happy to be a stay at home dad as I am right now.

Is it too early to ask if there's a definitive version of this game? I loved the PS2's controller for Tricky, but I don't know if the controls are the same as they were ten years ago. I just want the version that runs/looks/plays the best.

Also, is Eddie still a pre-order only character? I never got around to pre-ordering, but he's always been my favorite person in these games. :(

If anyone wants to make avatars, feel free. I'll throw them in the OT.

Btw soultron I don't know whether you'll be setting up GAF events - I suspect (and hope) you or someone else will, but I'm posting something on Merqury City about events. I'll share the topic here for you to see when it's done, it might have some ideas you'll want to take for GAF events :)

Snakeyes

Is it too early to ask if there's a definitive version of this game? I loved the PS2's controller for Tricky, but I don't know if the controls are the same as they were ten years ago. I just want the version that runs/looks/plays the best.

Also, is Eddie still a pre-order only character? I never got around to pre-ordering, but he's always been my favorite person in these games. :(

The PS3 has Mt Fuji as an exclusive track IIRC.

soultron

Banned
Btw soultron I don't know whether you'll be setting up GAF events - I suspect (and hope) you or someone else will, but I'm posting something on Merqury City about events. I'll share the topic here for you to see when it's done, it might have some ideas you'll want to take for GAF events :)

Your idea sounds neat! Can't wait for you to drop it here!

rukland

In all seriousness add me on PSN as most of my RL friends are not getting this game for some reason.

Even thou I have been pointing them to all the goodness that is the new SSX

In all seriousness add me on PSN as most of my RL friends are not getting this game for some reason.

Even thou I have been pointing them to all the goodness that is the new SSX

the reality is SSX was never as big a mainstream game in the sports genre as Tony Hawk, so unless you grew up with SSX its hard to convince someone to play this new one.

Jaguar

So I was adding some GTs from the XBL list, but some of you are saying you don't need them on your friends list to see them on your RiderNet?

FatBaby

heh it's going to take me a good chuck of the day to add people to my PSN friends list. Few of you added me already. :)

Feel free to add me if I haven't had a chance to add you yet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So I was gonna add some GTs from the XBL list, but some of you are saying you don't need them on your friends list to see them on your RiderNet?

We don't know yet but it would make sense given the amount of players Ridernet supports.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

:( I'm sorry I didn't do that. I kept forgetting / being busy.

KuroNeeko

Hey Soultron, don't kill yourself trying to get the OT up in time. It's done when it's done!

As for the extra copy of SSX - you could do two events and award points for placement in each event. For example, first place equals 10 points, second equals 7 or whatever. The extra copy goes to whomever pulls in the most points before a given deadline.

The obvious problem here is that it will reward people with a) lots of past experience in the franchise, b) hardcore gamers. Most of the hardcore fans of the franchise are going to be buying the game anyway so it might be nice if your copy went to someone who was new to the franchise. Anyway, your rules so up to you, mang. Thanks for all the effort!

The obvious problem here is that it will reward people with a) lots of past experience in the franchise, b) hardcore gamers. Most of the hardcore fans of the franchise are going to be buying the game anyway so it might be nice if your copy went to someone who was new to the franchise. Anyway, your rules so up to you, mang. Thanks for all the effort!

I had thought this would be the best option too. But we need to make sure this new person will like the game or else it'll go to waste...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
But SSX was the main launch title of the ps2. It sold systems and made everyone all but forget about dreamcast.

I don't know. I'm rather disturbed by the number of youtube comments I see on SSX videos lamenting the fact that the game is unrealistic. Definitely doesn't seem to be as well known as I always imagined.

red731

If people are asking, I will ask too.

When does the US PSN update? I am from EU but will download this demo from US.
Give me even timezone so I can find when it will be there exactly.

Thank you

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If people are asking, I will ask too.

When does the US PSN update? I am from EU but will download this demo from US.
Give me even timezone so I can find when it will be there exactly.

Thank you
PSN updates at Grace Chen time, which means nobody knows until it actually happens.

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't know. I'm rather disturbed by the number of youtube comments I see on SSX videos lamenting the fact that the game is unrealistic. Definitely doesn't seem to be as well known as I always imagined.

Could it possibly be younger kids checking out the game for the first time?

But yeah, SSX was pretty popular though I would call Madden 2001 the most popular PS2 launch title largely due to the great graphical jump it made from Madden 2000 on the PS1 which blew the minds of many people.

soultron

Banned

"Oh hey, a new demo. Some snowboarding game I've never heard of. Looks stupid."

30 minutes later:

"Holy shit. MOM, HOW MUCH DID GRANDMA GIVE ME FOR CHRISTMAS, AGAIN?!"

Bgamer90

Banned
^Yeah, like I said, it seems to be kids who didn't grow up with the old games.

Which is understandable when you think about it. The last popular SSX game was SSX 3 and that came out almost 10 years ago. Today's 12-14 year olds were toddlers back then. They basically grew up with "super realistic games".

Chamber

love on your sleeve
^Yeah, like I said, it seems to be kids who didn't grow up with the old games.

Which is understandable when you think about it. The last popular SSX game was SSX 3 and that came out almost 10 years ago. Today's 12-14 year olds were toddlers back then. They basically grew up with "super realistic games".

God, I'm getting old.

Top Bottom