• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Nathan Drake GIF perfectly sums up how I reacted to this Nathan Drake GIF.

But in-engine cutscenes are real-time. It means they're running in the game engine, just not during gameplay (which means you can throw more power at the rendering, since there isn't much else to process). U4 has in-engine cutscenes, U1-3 had pre-rendered cutscenes running in an enhanced version of the game engine. "In-game" typically means it happens during gameplay, although it's a bit fuzzy.
Not from my understanding. In-engine just means they created the assets for the cutscene and the cutscene itself in the same engine that they built the game, but it's still rendered ahead of time and just a video in the final version.

The original teaser for The Last of Us sticks out to me. That is clearly just a video, but it was also not a CG movie with custom assets. It's representative of the game, but it's not literally the game.

viHuGi

Banned
The Order's 1886 are also amazing

Swagger.gif

EDIT: found a better one

Order15.gif

Order graphics are insane!

VMAN01

Order graphics are insane!

I agree, it's super close between this and UC4, I feel that this game may have the current edge over it, however it's a much more linear game, level wise, compared to UC4 as well which is much shorter in length.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
This post is hilarious because i am a huge uncharted, naughty dog and sony fan. Look at my PSN and XBL profiles and you will see how many of their games i have platinumed.

Just because i dared to point out FACTS the cutscenes feature more detailed and a different set of animations despite being realtime doesnt make an Xbox fan. This disparity in cutscenes/gameplay is my only issue with an otherwise phenomenal looking game. But go ahead and make your shitty black and white assumptions.
Dude what in the fuck are you even talking about ? I'm not even talking about you wtf ? But go ahead and make your shitty black and white assumptions. The fact that you even thought I was talking about you is hilarious. I didn't even reply to you.

Shin-Ra

So you're saying I should expect zero detail? :p

Those shots are either tiny and/or compressed to all hell.

Looking forward to see the in-game models with photo-mode.
Uncharted 4 gameplay animation's like watching a 360p YouTube video.

Its a shame that nobody ever saw them because they were buried in a Really Bad Game.
I saw them and thought it was a Quite Good Game!

See how I capitalised that for added impact.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Pre-rendered for loading reasons apparently. The real time cutscnes that are in game show the same quality as the .fmv versions.

edit: how did that happen?

Interesting. I see that's what Crytek told Edge, but the game did not look as good as this.

Centurion_zps53a976d1.gif

They likely did what ND is doing. Beefed up realtime cutscenes.

Interesting. I see that's what Crytek told Edge, but the game did not look as good as this.

Centurion_zps53a976d1.gif

They likely did what ND is doing. Beefed up realtime cutscenes.

They used the same rig and models for cutscenes and gameplay camera distance according to their documentation and GDC/Siggraph presentations.

Though they did mention the fmvs were supersampled whereas the gameplay on xb1 obviously is not.

not where the game crashed

... because the model/lighting transition had already taken place.

I agree, it's super close between this and UC4, I feel that this game may have the current edge over it, however it's a much more linear game, level wise, compared to UC4 as well which is much shorter in length.

Not really. Uncharted has significantly more believable character models.

silva1991

Thought that was self evident.

I don't care about graphics on an action game that sacrifices performance for looks.

So pass.

Bye then

ND games since 2009 have been graphical showcase for Sony consoles

will never accept 60fps in their games if they sacrificed visuals to death

they already arguably downgraded the game enough for a stable 30fps ffs.

neurosyphilis

I don't care about graphics on an action game that sacrifices performance for looks.

So pass.

Do you even on a console ? With your logic you don't. Which goes to show you weren't going to play Uncharted 4 in the first place. Just shit posting then.

Breads

Banned
I really hope you don't own a console. Course if you only game on PC then that I guess that makes your comment ridiculous either way.

I actually gave my PS4 to my brother. I got it for Bloodborne and Destiny. Now I am through.

Do you even on a console ? With your logic you don't. Which goes to show you weren't going to play Uncharted 4 in the first place. Just shit posting then.

Having a different opinion from you isn't shit posting. This is how I feel. I was going to play it when it was 60 fps. I was rooting for Naughty Dog. They couldn't do it afterall. Shame that.

So you came here to shitpost, then?

Nope. The subject is about graphics and I gave my two cents. Sorry you don't agree (not really). It's clear that you did though.

They have confirmed that while the cutscenes are realtime, they have extra effects and level of detail in characters models than they do in game. This is the level of detail you should expect ingame:

Also, ND hand animates the facial expressions which means you will never see something that meticulously animated during gameplay.

There is no doubt that the game looks phenomenal, but salivating over some beefed up cutscene is kinda bizarre.
This is the updated gameplay model which in turn looks the exact same as the cutscenes
FYGcSU.png

Also, upgrades all around boys!

jHSaXu.gif

neurosyphilis

I actually gave my PS4 to my brother. I got it for Bloodborne and Destiny. Now I am through.

Having a different opinion from you isn't shit posting. This is how I feel. I was going to play it when it was 60 fps. I was rooting for Naughty Dog. They couldn't do it afterall. Shame that.

So shitposting ? Ok. We knew for a long time U4 single player was going to be 30FPS, yet you still go out of your way to troll about it in an Uncharted thread despite you not even going to play it and not even having a PS4. That epitomizes "shitposting".

Buys PS4 for Bloodborne and Destiny. Fair enough.

Won't play Uncharted 4....because it isn't running at 60 fps. But bought a PS4 for....Bloodborne and Destiny.

Those double standards, man!

Kssio_Aug

So pass.

Well, if I remember correctly they never PROMISED 60 frames per second. I think they said they were aiming for it.

Of course I understand that with such graphics they totally changed their mind mid project, cause I would not expect to see PS4 handling it at 60 fps at all.

Yet... That was their choice as the creators and I totally respect that. Specially since any other Uncharted game was 30 frames per second with a special focus on visuals, as they're doing with Uncharted 4.

That said, I really don't see a problem with it being 30 fps, not at all. And I believe the OP wanted to talk about the visual aspects such as graphics and animations.

Looks crazy.

Is the multiplayer supposed to get some kind of upgrade? It's weird seeing visuals like these in the campaign when multiplayer looks like a cartoon.

Ricky_R

Looks crazy.

Is the multiplayer supposed to get some kind of upgrade? It's weird seeing visuals like these in the campaign when multiplayer looks like a cartoon.

Upgrades to multiplayer, If any, would be minimal. They will probably improve other gameplay aspects instead. There's not much you can upgrade visually when you're rendering at twice the frames.

Top Bottom