• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week japanese magazine news of Gyakuten Not-Saiba

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
grandjedi6 said:
Uh 5 games with one spinoff in 3 years is definitely oversaturation on a level only Capcom could achieve

Not when you consider Japan.

For the USA, sure because we had to spend 3 years catching up to a series that was 4 years ahead of us (which means that with Japan had the franchise for 7 years).

Then you consider one very important fact.

GYAKUTEN SAIBAN 5 WILL NOT BE RELEASED ANYTIME SOON, which means it is 4 released games.

Kusagari

grandjedi6 said:
Uh 5 games with one spinoff in 3 years is definitely oversaturation on a level only Capcom could achieve

We only got them that quick because Capcom ported all the original games to DS for Americans. The actual games are a year or more apart.

Troidal

Other than the DS stuff, not much PS3/360 stuff this week. Meh -_-
I guess no one wants to compete with MGS4 on June so its understandable.

Redd

Wait a second I just thought of something. If this is going to be a Prosecutor game starring Edgeworth we might get to see Manfred Von Karma and maybe get some cases where Lana Skye mentors Miles Edgeworth. Now I really can't wait for more details.:D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lupin23rd said:
Not directly from Famitsu (although it probably originates from there), but Souta's blog lists a new Fire Emblem for Wii - Unmei no Daichi is the subtitle.

Also a new Wii Famicom Wars?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?

1203553403939.jpg

Hcoregamer00

jj984jj said:
Over the span of 7-8 years, that's not beyond horrible coming from Capcom.

Yeah, if anything Ace Attorney 5 wont see a USA release until Fall 2009 at the earliest, that is assuming that the game is announced in TGS with a full trailer, then released in Japan in Spring 2009.

Redd said:
Wait a second I just thought of something. If this is going to be a Prosecutor game starring Edgeworth we might get to see Manfred Von Karma and maybe get some cases where Lana Skye mentors Miles Edgeworth. Now I really can't wait for more details.:D

If anything I bet it will be more Edgeworth with his perfect win record, after Trial 5 in Ace Attorney 5. Which means we will likely see more Franziska and Von Karma character development.

I bet if anything, the narrative ends when he gets defeated for the first time by Phoenix Wright.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jj984jj said:
Over the span of 7-8 years, that's not beyond horrible coming from Capcom.
Firestorm said:
7 years actually. I'm fairly sure we won't be getting the games as quickly as we did now that they can't just translate existing games.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Not when you consider Japan.

For the USA, sure because we had to spend 3 years catching up to a series that was 4 years ahead of us (which means that with Japan had the franchise for 7 years).

Then you consider one very important fact.

GYAKUTEN SAIBAN 5 WILL NOT BE RELEASED ANYTIME SOON, which means it is 4 released games.
Kusagari said:
We only got them that quick because Capcom ported all the original games to DS for Americans. The actual games are a year or more apart.

None of that changes the fact that NA has gotten 4 games in 3 years and are poised to get 2 more.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
grandjedi6 said:
None of that changes the fact that NA has gotten 4 games in 3 years and are poised to get 2 more.
I don't think any fans would be complaining as long as the quality doesn't go down, so why does this matter so much?

ethelred

Wow. It's weird, we get weeks and weeks of virtually nothing, then this: Ace Prosecutor, a new Band Bros., a new Sangokushi Taisen... sheesh.

I'll definitely be grabbing the Edgeworth game. I also told a friend of mine about it and she freaked out, so I guess the news is going over well.

Pixe said:
(Wii) 7/3 Disaster: Day of Crisis (Nintendo)

Crap. I guess that means I was wrong. I hate when that happens. It's just not a feeling I'm well accustomed to.

EDIT: Wait, I said it wouldn't be coming out in Europe in May. I'm still right. All's well with the world.

I think Disaster is, like, one of the most unexciting Nintendo project ever announced... I mean, we now virtually nothing about this game, and what we saw of it so far, which is very few, looks, well, kind of poopy... I have no idea why Monolith are wasting their time on this when they could be making some brand new Wii RPG or something...

Do we know if this is Gyakuten Saiban 5 (or to be more precise, is going to be released instead of GS5 next), or is GS5 being worked on as well?

I don't want them to be juggling two series.

Hcoregamer00

grandjedi6 said:

Yeah, it changes everything.

Especially when you consider that now that we caught up to Japan, we have to wait as long as they do between releases.

That means 1.5 years between games

:(

A Link to the Snitch said:
Do we know if this is Gyakuten Saiban 5 (or to be more precise, is going to be released instead of GS5 next), or is GS5 being worked on as well?

Personally I don't mind.

The game engine is done with Ace Attorney 4, which means that making Gyakuten Saiban 5/Ace Attorney 5 should be quite easy. All they need is to have new sprites, new backgrounds, and new storylines.

The storyline part is especially easy since they have the 4th game to use as a reference point.

Which means they could spread the release out for number 5 while focusing more on this spinoff.

Zeed

Banned
lupin23rd said:
Not directly from Famitsu (although it probably originates from there), but Souta's blog lists a new Fire Emblem for Wii - Unmei no Daichi is the subtitle.

Also a new Wii Famicom Wars?
HOLY SHIT

BAN HIM FOREVER IF HE'S PLAYING WITH MY HEART

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Wow Nintendo's lineup is looking really empty now... all games have a date.. :/

GO GO MILES

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

It's labeled as a Spin-off so I'd say GS5 is still coming (yah!)

XiaNaphryz said:
I don't think any fans would be complaining as long as the quality doesn't go down, so why does this matter so much?

$

ethelred said:
Wow. It's weird, we get weeks and weeks of virtually nothing, then this: Ace Prosecutor, a new Band Bros., a new Sangokushi Taisen... sheesh.

also Twilight Sydrome, new Fire Emblem Wii, and a new Famicom Wars Wii

pretty sweet week, too bad I'm not interested in any of the new games :(

jvalioli

I'm going to bet that this is released before GS5, but GS5 is still being worked on.

cvxfreak

grandjedi6 said:

You have to concede the circumstances that brought that about. It's not like Capcom crafted incomplete games and split them up into three chapters for the sole purpose of making more money.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, it changes everything.

Especially when you consider that now that we caught up to Japan, we have to wait as long as they do between releases.

That means 1.5 years between games

:(

Great. Then I wont get burnt out on it and will savor the new games that much more. Its the same things people leveled at Zelda. It should take a break. You can burn out IPs.

Shouta said:
Grawr! PRZ BE PS3 SRW! PRZ

I don't see why it wouldn't be a new licensed Super Robot Wars title. Maybe it's getting released late summer in Japan? Kick off the season with SRW A Portable, and end it with a brand new SRW title.

More SUPA ROBOTO WAASU talk, now!!!

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
also Twilight Sydrome [...] and a new Famicom Wars Wii

Why should I give a shit about some new (almost certainly crappy) Spike game and the Japanese release of Battalion Wars?

Narag

HK-47 said:
Great. Then I wont get burnt out on it and will savor the new games that much more. Its the same things people leveled at Zelda. It should take a break. You can burn out IPs.

I was actually glad they did come at a brisk pace initially. After I played the first AA, I just started buying and shelving the sequels so I could have them readily avaiable to play in order. I wanted so much more after the first game and didn't want to have to wait months if not years to get the next part so took steps to avoid that.

Hcoregamer00

HK-47 said:

The chance that we will get this Edgeworth Spinoff released before GS5 is a long time.

For the "canon" main storyline, we aren't seeing shit for a while. That is of course, unless capcom shocks us a trailer soon.

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:
I don't see why it wouldn't be a new licensed Super Robot Wars title. Maybe it's getting released late summer in Japan? Kick off the season with SRW A Portable, and end it with a brand new SRW title.

More SUPA ROBOTO WAASU talk, now!!!

Supposedly official announcement is next week. So there will be a lot more to talk about then :)

Hcoregamer00

jvalioli said:
I'm going to bet that this is released before GS5, but GS5 is still being worked on.

Yeah, I bet this is what will likely happen.

This game will be released so all those people complaining about the old cast can now shut up, as they focus on the new cast in the new saga.

Granted that is not their reason, but it sounds oh so sweet.

KingDirk

PERFECT PROSECUTOOOOOOOOOR!

I get the best of both worlds now, hopefully...get to see my beloved Phoenix arc cast and discover Apollo's world...

Hoo-ray!

grandjedi6 said:
if true..... A Fire Emblem sequel to a sequel!?! That is uncommon. Usually the series follows the Rule of Two

Still I'm waiting for Duckroll or a Japan-Gaffer to confirm this

It is indeed odd. Radiant Dawn had no loose ends what so ever, since it had the standard character endings that weren't present in Path of Radiance.

And I haven't even finished Radiant Dawn.

NotWii

Banned
Perfect Prosecutor was my idea!
Next, they're gonna steal my Worrying Witness game idea!

Hopefully we'll see some of this newly announced stuff (like Fire Emblem, Day of Disaster, etc) at the media cummit in 1-2 days time.

cvxfreak

What, what's the title of this Edgeworth game? Is it really Perfect Prosecutor in Japanese (Kanpeki Kenji or what not)? Gyakuten Kenji?

Hcoregamer00

cvxfreak said:
What, what's the title of this Edgeworth game? Is it really Perfect Prosecutor in Japanese (Kanpeki Kenji or what not)? Gyakuten Kenji?

If it means Perfect Prosecutor, then that means the saga ends when the Ace Attorney Saga starts, because Phoenix ends his perfect record.

Top Bottom