• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

Y2Kevbug11 said:
:(

Maybe it's just Kaz's side project or something. Get a GT game out there with online play...and he'll do real things later.

I hope it doesn't look like it did at E3. I don't give a rats ass if its 1080p, i'd like to see it atleast on par with last years TGS demo.

As far as NG goes. That shit was transparent the second Itagaki starting making positive comments about Sony for the first time in years.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
and what the hell have polyphony been doing since gt4? they announced and axed some gt4 spinoffs, famously failed to produce gt portable, and now they seem to be rereleasing gt4 on ps3.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Oh I just noticed Blue Dragon got a final date as well. :lol

:p

NOW REVEAL THE CHRONO TRIGGER REMAKE S-E! :D

The way things are going between Square Enix and the DS at the moment, that really wouldn't shock me at all. Two Mana games, Front Mission, three Final Fantasies, three Dragon Quests... next up is pretty much SaGa and Chrono.

This is their twelfth game now... damn, they really are going nuts for it.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jj984jj said:
Oh I just noticed Blue Dragon got a final date as well. :lol

:p

NOW REVEAL THE CHRONO TRIGGER REMAKE S-E! :D
Man, sound like they will with the number of DS games they are pulling out

RaijinFY

drohne said:
and what the hell have polyphony been doing since gt4? they announced and axed some gt4 spinoffs, famously failed to produce gt portable, and now they seem to be rereleasing gt4 on ps3.

Kaz' is playing with Sebastian Loeb... :/

RaijinFY

ethelred said:
The way things are going between Square Enix and the DS at the moment, that really wouldn't shock me at all. Two Mana games, Front Mission, three Final Fantasies, three Dragon Quests... next up is pretty much SaGa and Chrono.

This is their twelfth game now... damn, they really are going nuts for it.

Chrono is dead... I know everyone wants it but it's dead. :p

ant1532

Banned
neo2046 said:
PS3 | Ninja Gaiden Sigma
N/A

?
Hah, told you that Itakagi was a whore for power Jonny!:D
:lol anyways, what is EDF? Was it that crasy looking game with the giant monsters?

And when can we expect scans!?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Calidor said:
correct me if wrong

DS:

Zettaionkan Training
Doki Doki Masho saiban
Denshi Maid Techoo
Kimi no yuushu
I think so, and Chocobo has a date for December 14th.

Striek

ant1532 said:
Hah, told you that Itakagi was a whore for power Jonny!
Going by the 1up listing, I'm guessing its Black, so not particularly. NG2 will probably be multiplatform.

I don't think anyone will care if it IS Black....no matter what the Xbots say its ****ing ugly by next-gen standards.

RaijinFY

ant1532 said:
Hah, told you that Itakagi was a whore for power Jonny!:D
:lol anyways, what is EDF? Was it that crasy looking game with the giant monsters?

And when can we expect scans!?

IMO, It should be a port of Black in HD, nothing to get excited over... :p

Bebpo

Banned
I'm disappointed that even though SE is putting out original games like FFIII/SlimeMori/Mana, their FM title is just a port :( Better than nothing, but it just seems like between this and FM5 not going to the US that SE doesn't give a shit about the series anymore, despite it being one of their top franchises in terms of quality ;_;

ethelred

Bebpo said:
I'm disappointed that even though SE is putting out original games like FFIII/SlimeMori/Mana, their FM title is just a port :( Better than nothing, but it just seems like between this and FM5 not going to the US that SE doesn't give a shit about the series anymore, despite it being one of their top franchises in terms of quality ;_;

Yeah... I'd definitely prefer it to be an original Front Mission game, but at least, in fairness to Square Enix, this is their first port to the system amongst 12 games.

I agree with you that they aren't entirely being fair to the series -- I'm still horribly disappointed by their decision not to localize Front Mission 5. And after all the unfair hating FM4 gets... :/

RaijinFY

Bebpo said:

Yep, that's whay I hate with SE today... I think FM5 had decent sales moreover... ugh.

I havent play a Front Mission game since 3. Barely touched 4 and since they dont want to bring it in Europe, guess I will never play to 5. :(

Bebpo

Banned
ethelred said:
Yeah... I'd definitely prefer it to be an original Front Mission game, but at least, in fairness to Square Enix, this is their first port to the system amongst 12 games.

I agree with you that they aren't entirely being fair to the series -- I'm still horribly disappointed by their decision not to localize Front Mission 5. And after all the unfair hating FM4 gets... :/

Yeah, I mean despite SE having all these huge franchises. When you actually look at the quality of them, 70% of the games coming out of SE suck. Besides the main FF/DQ series they only have a few "quality" franchises so you'd think they'd keep them running. But since FM isn't a huge seller (does about 200-300k), I guess that's just not good enough for the company so they'd rather focus on stuff that sells more even if it's crap (FFVII spin-offs).

Jonnyram

Full list so far:

DOAX2 - Nov
HDDVD player - Nov 22
Core System & Blue Dragon Premium Pack - Dec 7 - 29800 yen
Blue Dragon - Dec 7
Zegapain NOT - Dec 7
PSUniverse - Dec
EDF3 - Dec
Oneechanbara vorteX - Dec
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - Dec
Vampire's Rain - Jan

PS3
Mahjong Fight Club - Nov 11 - 5229 yen
Gundam Target in Sight - Nov 11
RR7 - Nov 11
Genji - Nov 11
Sega Golf Club - Nov 11
Mahjong Taikai - Nov
Armored Core 4 - Dec
Gran Turismo HD - Dec
Fatal Inertia - 2006
Wangan Midnight - Spring 07
Vampire's Rain - TBA
Resistance - TBA
White Knight Story - TBA
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - TBA

PS2
Higurashi no naku koro - Dec 21
Nobunaga Online new expansion - Dec

PSP
Lutz Portable - Dec
Kanon - Dec
Snow - Dec
Air - TBA
Wangan Midnight Portable - Spring 07

DS
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book - Dec 14
Front Mission the First
Zettai Onkan Training DS
Tokidoki Majou Saiban
Electronic Maid Notebook
Kimi no Yuusha

duckroll

Team Ninja hates Japan! Like their previous titles, DoAX2 will retail for a whooping 9240yen! :lol :lol :lol

Asian version FTW. :p

Edit: HD-DVD player to retail for 20790yen.

"Wangan Midnight - Spring 07
Wangan Midnight Portable - Spring 07"

I don't know if Defensor is going to be able to handle having both of those.

Calidor

No Wii news makes me cry, I was expecting the NiGHTS 2 announcement

oh well, Zettai Onkan Training looks like is some kind of rythm training game, im curious

ethelred

RaijinFY said:
Yep, that's whay I hate with SE today... I think FM5 had decent sales moreover... ugh.

I havent play a Front Mission game since 3. Barely touched 4 and since they dont want to bring it in Europe, guess I will never play to 5. :(

Maybe you should have played 4, then, since it was an awesome game.

You can't really fairly complain about them not giving us more Front Mission when you don't even play the Front Mission they DO give us. You are part of the problem.

RevenantKioku said:
Pffft, where's my damn SaGa game?

Seconded. New SaGa trilogy (ala the original and Romancing) on the DS is definitely needed (in 2D, for god's sake). It's weird that this hasn't happened yet, given that it's Kawazu's series and he's the biggest Nintendo fan at Square Enix.

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I mean despite SE having all these huge franchises. When you actually look at the quality of them, 70% of the games coming out of SE suck. Besides the main FF/DQ series they only have a few "quality" franchises so you'd think they'd keep them running. But since FM isn't a huge seller (does about 200-300k), I guess that's just not good enough for the company so they'd rather focus on stuff that sells more even if it's crap (FFVII spin-offs).

Eh. Well, I don't think 70% of the stuff they make is crap... and I also think Front Mission is, at the least, faring better than many of their series (quality aside). I mean, at least it's gotten two full main series installments this gen, when many of the company's solid B franchises haven't even gotten that much.

They need to keep really high quality series like these thriving, and they need to keep bringing them out worldwide. Not every game is going to be a FF/KH/DQ-sized blockbuster, but when you've got quality games, the more you can bring out, the better off your fanbase is.

Anyway, er, /tangent.

duckroll

Bad_Boy said:
o_O
it blows my mind how you missed that tidbit in your orginal post Jonnyram
no offence or anything, just sayin..

It's being updated on the fly. It wasn't there when he first posted. :p

Jonnyram

Bad_Boy said:
o_O
It wasn't up when I originally posted.
Notice how I've edited now, Sarcy_Boy.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bad_Boy said:
o_O
Because he started translating from the top?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ethelred said:
Seconded. New SaGa trilogy (ala the original and Romancing) on the DS is definitely needed (in 2D, for god's sake). It's weird that this hasn't happened yet, given that it's Kawazu's series and he's the biggest Nintendo fan at Square Enix
I'm developing a blister on my big toe, and that means SaGa on the horizon.
****, I'd even settle for the original 3 (okay, first 2) being ported to DS since my GB copies are old and dying.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
SolidSnakex said:
"Wangan Midnight - Spring 07
Wangan Midnight Portable - Spring 07"

I don't know if Defensor is going to be able to handle having both of those.
I'm about to go isamu mode now..

PS3 Wangan Midnight - Spring 07
PSP Wangan Midnight Portable - Spring 07

F*** YA! Bravo Namco, Bravo.

duckroll

Now if the previous weeks have been any indication, don't expect any pics for ANYTHING until tomorrow. I'm just going to focus on the MS Conference for today. :lol

Edit: lol I was kinda wrong!

And enjoy this:

Edit2: In case you can't read, that's White Knight Story for PS3.

Holy shit @ the NG PS3 news. I never thought Itagaki would betray the box. :(

And HOLY EFFING SHIT @ Front Mission DS! The SE support just doesn't stop! What do we know about it though? If it's really just a port and not a remake at all then I'd be pretty dissapointed. 3D Front Mission maybe? :D

WTF is Electronic Maid Notebook? :lol

Also, I've never heard of Wangan Midnight... why's everyone excited for it?

RaijinFY

31526_uporg521557_122_586lo.jpg

WTH is this?

Top Bottom