• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thomas Hayden Church Vs. SPIDER-MAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Aintitcool

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a big big break in SPIDER-MAN 3 casting. Over at The Hollywood Reporter they've broken the announcement from Sony that Sam Raimi has cast Thomas Hayden Church as the villain for SPIDER-MAN 3!!!
The villain hasn't been announced yet, but I've heard some pretty strong whispers that it'll be Sandman, but I'm not 100% on that. I love the idea of casting Church now... it falls into the strong, non-star character actor casting of the previous Spidey flicks, but who could he be? He wouldn't make a bad Sandman if that's who's in the movie... Hobgoblin, perhaps? Remember, Hobgoblin wasn't Harry Osborne, Harry later went on to be the next Green Goblin... Surely they wouldn't go with something as cool as Kraven, would they? Mysterio? Doesn't seem like a good fit for Mysterio. What about Eddie Brock? The Venom rumors won't die, but Raimi has said many times that he's not a fan of Venom, so unless Avi is twisting his arm in order to get the huge Venom fanbase frothing at the mouth, then I'd rule that one out. What do you folks think?

Now who would have guessed that
sandman.gif

thomas_haden_church_1.jpg

Willco

Hollywood Square
I think he has the voice for the Hobgoblin. I dunno about Sandman.

BUT IN RAIMI I TRUST!

So far, in the past several weeks we've heard Hobgoblin, Sandman, Black Cat, Vulture and probably something else I forgot.

That's a lot of villains!

... SINISTER SIX OMG?

monkey79

Spoilers for recent issues of Ultimate Spiderman below.
In recent issues of Ultimate Spiderman, Harry Osborn is turning into the Hobgoblin so I would imagine 2 villains in the flick. Harry as Hobgoblin and Church as Sandman or some other villain.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Willco said:
I think he has the voice for the Hobgoblin. I dunno about Sandman.

BUT IN RAIMI I TRUST!

So far, in the past several weeks we've heard Hobgoblin, Sandman, Black Cat, Vulture and probably something else I forgot.

That's a lot of villains!

... SINISTER SIX OMG?

sinister six would rock... you forgot the Lizard... who was already in SM2

Blackace

BuddyC said:
You know what'd be even better? The Sinister Twelve.

Seriously.

that takes us away from the "s" theme. Now the Sinister Seven works... come on think like a Marvel employee!

Iceman

Blackace said:

"The Venom rumors won't die, but Raimi has said many times that he's not a fan of Venom, so unless Avi is twisting his arm in order to get the huge Venom fanbase frothing at the mouth, then I'd rule that one out." - Willco

Blackace

BuddyC said:
Somone hasn't been reading Marvel Knights Spider-Man. Though I really can't blame that someone, to be fair.

Yeah, it is true... been about 8 years since I bought a Spiderman comic... I did just look at the Spider man Origin graphic novel... looked...unmmm interesting... :lol

Blackace

Iceman said:
"The Venom rumors won't die, but Raimi has said many times that he's not a fan of Venom, so unless Avi is twisting his arm in order to get the huge Venom fanbase frothing at the mouth, then I'd rule that one out." - Willco

ok... now it makes some sense! Thanks!

LakeEarth

robertsan21 said:
who is this?

he looks cool
Street Fighter 3rd Strike character named Twelve. Real hard to play as.

Sorry, I've just been a SF3rd Strike junkie for the past month. Don't mind me.

LakeEarth said:
Street Fighter 3rd Strike character named Twelve. Real hard to play as.

Sorry, I've just been a SF3rd Strike junkie for the past month. Don't mind me.
ah shit i thought he was from the spider man series.
guess that shows how bad i amd at this comic book thing :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom