• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those 360 systems for $99? Yeah..you can't resell them

Just got an email through work, they cannot be accepted in a trade. The systems will brick or lock completely if the 360 under contract is defaulted online or offline.

So those who willingly to over spend on the 360 for two years ($460) can't even sell it lol.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anyone who enters into that awful contract deserves anything that happens to them in the first place.

nasos_333

Just got an email through work, they cannot be accepted in a trade. The systems will brick or lock completely if the 360 under contract is defaulted online or offline.

So those who willingly to over spend on the 360 for two years ($460) can't even sell it lol.

How do they check it ?

iammeiam

Have these things been around for two years? I have a hard time imagining MS can still brick the console after you've passed the contract period. Even relatively weak consumer protection in the US shouldn't allow that.

What if its not defaulted though? Say I had it for three years and paid it off. Then I could sell it?

Sean

Banned
Don't really see the problem here, I can't think of any good reason to trade your console in while still on contract. You would still have to continue paying it off.

Don't really see the problem here, I can't think of any good reason to trade your console in while still on contract. You would still have to continue paying it off.

Correct but at least the physical item has value when say its a phone. The 360 has zero value.

After the 2-year contract is up, I assume you can resell the console then.

According to the TOS for the $99 system, your XBL account / console seems to revert to a "normal" account after 2 years.

Thats cause you didn't buy a console for $99 and people need to stop acting like children and just accept its a financial option. It'll be right some and wrong for others.

Read the contract either way.

Top Bottom