• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thousands of Baltimore residents protest Freddie Gray’s death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nowhere in any of my posts am I saying they're not a good idea, I'm just not acting like the very slow implement of them is a true sign of change in the midst of several black people being murdered on camera.

Your capitalized statement led me to that post. Why not champion body cameras?

nib95

Banned
Body cameras are a tangible improvement to fight for. We need accountability in our police. Body cameras may help that.

Refusing to fight for them because they aren't a panacea seems ill conceived.

I agree. You have to take things as they come, even one small step at a time if need be. Change, however small, is important. Mandatory body cams today, changes in police training, regulations or the legal system tomorrow.

I do appreciate Rembrandt's frustrations and sentiment though, that even then the change is not even close to the level it should be, and that overall, if anything things may have still gotten worse, with police getting off scott free even with the damning video evidence. If anything the latter is further insult to injury. But it's still something, if not at least fuel to rally the people.

Nowhere in any of my posts am I saying they're not a good idea, I'm just not acting like the very slow implement of them is a true sign of change in the midst of several black people being murdered on camera.
Shit..plenty of departments don't even want them because of "privacy issues" and cost..no joke.

I never said white, but keep continuing to put words in my mouth. Anyone who is indifferent towards humans dying is an enemy of the oppressed.

Goodbye.

What? No they're not.

Remember the internment camps of Japanese in WW2? Were every other non-Japanese ethnicity an enemy to them in their plight? Of course not, what kind of fucked up logic are you going off of?

I agree. You have to take things as they come, even one small step at a time if need be. Change, however small, is important. Mandatory body cams today, changes in police training, regulations or the legal system tomorrow.

But again, black people are still dying and are still getting disenfranchised. Small changes isn't enough.

Infinite

What? No they're not.

Remember the internment camps of Japanese in WW2? Were every other non-Japanese ethnicity an enemy to them in their plight? Of course not, what kind of fucked up logic are you going off of?
That analogy doesn't apply to the context of their discussion

Jigorath

Banned
This warmed my heart.

And some protesters put themselves between police and enraged demonstrators to calm hot tempers. "Don't lose the message!" one of them called out again and again to the rowdier group.
Good on them. I think it's important to note that the vast majority of people protesting were not violent in the slightest. A few people turning to violence does not hurt the protest or the message in any way.

nib95

Banned
But again, black people are still dying and are still getting disenfranchised. Small changes isn't enough.

Agreed. See my edit above. There does need to be some comprehensive changes across the board. I hope Hilary can put some pressure to start enforcing some, because the Republican's sure as hell won't.

Rembrandt

Banned
Your capitalized statement led me to that post. Why not champion body cameras?

because, once again, as recent events have shown, being murdered on camera plays no significant role in murderers being charged.

I would be all for them if Eric Garner's murderer got charged or John Crawford's or any of the numerous other black people. but why would I have such faith in something that hasn't proved to be beneficial for us? I'm all for them, but I'm not acting like they're going to play a huge role. Don't get me wrong, I would be incredibly happy if I was proved wrong, but you know.

I'm not too optimistic.

Shit..plenty of departments don't even want them because of "privacy issues" and cost..no joke.

Ridiculous, I can believe it, though.

I wish the more violent protesters would direct their anger at political targets and the property of the police as it's symbolic and gets a strong message across. Attacking random people, looting local businesses and fucking shit up for people WHO MAY EVEN BE ALLIES is fucking stupid. Pitiful, really. I understand the anger, but it always pisses me the fuck off because these people give more levelheaded protesters a bad name, making us seem like we're okay with destroying local businesses or attacking bystanders. I've been to many protests, including the one here in NYC recently for Eric Garner, but even the black bloc anarchists piss me off when they throw bricks through random windows during protests that aren't anti-globalization. Pick the right fucking targets if you're going to make it a point to be violent. Holy shit. The motherfucker across the street isn't the real enemy so don't use him as a vehicle for some fucked up form of catharsis.

Sorry, had to rant a bit.

This warmed my heart.

Good on them. I think it's important to note that the vast majority of people protesting were not violent in the slightest. A few people turning to violence does not hurt the protest or the message in any way.
A shame folks will ignore that, and focus more and more on the negatives..

GQman2121

Banned
On a side note, do we know the reasons for the clashes between the protestors and the guys in and outside the bar? Isn't it a bit presumptuous for people to just assume the black protestors just randomly started attacking them, in a completely unprovoked fashion?

Red Sox were in town. I like to think that only out of town racists were behaving as if they were in their natural habitat and that no locals were lashing out at the sight of hordes of black people.

I'm sure it was a combination of a lot of different things

I do appreciate Rembrandt's frustrations and sentiment though, that even then the change is not even close to the level it should be, and that overall, if anything things may have still gotten worse, with police getting off scott free even with the damning video evidence.

Its not enough. I dont want to be debbie downer but its not enough.

We have people being killed on cam, its affected nothing. Not even making the case go to trial.

Police training? How would that ever be enforced? Who is going to all police stations and academies and checking off that box? What are we training on?

Changes in regulations? Sadly, there are barely any blacks in politics to even get this within 10 feet of a politician. It's not in anyones favor. Sure as hell no money in it either. By now counties have been gerrymandered into oblivion that even all black people voting at one time would make a difference.

Black people didn't vote Obama into office, they helped but Obama won with moderate whites and mass minorities (black,latino etc)

The system is fucked. True change comes form within the top. I highly doubt we're seeing any numbers of black politicians (or politicians sympathetic to black causes lol) within the local county, state, and senate governments.

That is the only way we'll see change honestly.

18 years old, an adult, if that's a serious question. oh, well hopefully those people on our side actually understand why the people rioting are rioting. if you can't put what's happening in context with everything going on in america, then I doubt you're actually trying to reform things like you claim you are. you're right, I'm sure everybody being attacked doesn't pay taxes and/or is homeless/an immigrant.

and those people being detained/murdered sounds meditated, not in the middle of a riot. hell, to try to find a comparison, when that guy killed those two cops in NY and people tried to group him in with protestors, being detested that shit and honored those cops like crazy, so even if somebody did purposely detain or murder a cop/politician, I don't think it'll be looked any better than the rioting is. I'm sure you know the reason why.

Ok, so in your opinion only 18 year old adults being attacked is justified. So do they get IDed before they are attacked, or do people just go for the ones that "look" like they are 18? I'm not even claiming it's only black people attacking white people because I've actually seen it completely the other way around in this particular protest. Not to mention I can't claim to know if someone is "White" or "Black" just by looking at them, and certainly not enough at a glance where I would feel justified in attacking them based on my presumptions of their character.

Not that it matters, but I'm a Canadian (French/"Native American"), so there's pretty much zero that I can actually do to help you aside from perhaps donating to the Gray family if I could afford to. Though I wish I could protest in Baltimore, the best I can do is try to understand.

I can't understand rioting because I've never been put into a situation where I am so angry that I would go out and potentially break things and potentially hurt people so I can't claim to understand that. But I can understand protesting and doing what you can to affect change toward solving an obvious ingrained cultural problem. I've been in that situation before, though not for race-related reasons.

And certainly not EVERYONE who is attacked is homeless or an immigrant, or doesn't pay taxes or what have you. But eventually, someone who is attacked will be, and when that happens, is it still justified then? Or is it only ok to attack 18+ adults who pay taxes and are bread and born in America? Even so, how can you be sure you have the "right" person? It just seems like pointless collateral damage that won't accomplish anything in the end. You're hurting your own at that point, "Black" or "White" or "Brown", etc.

If detaining or hurting a police officer or other government official won't do anything from your perspective, then what is there to gain from doing so to a random citizen who may or may not have their own related or unrelated problems?

I wish the more violent protesters would direct their anger at political targets and the private property of the police as it's symbolic and gets a strong message across. Attacking random people, looting local businesses and fucking shit up for people WHO MAY EVEN BE ALLIES is fucking stupid. Pitiful, really. I understand the anger, but it always pisses me the fuck off because these people give more levelheaded protesters a bad name, making us seem like we're okay with destroying local businesses or attacking bystanders. I've been to many protests, including the one here in NYC recently for Eric Garner, but even the black bloc anarchists piss me off when they throw bricks through random windows during protests that aren't anti-globalization. Pick the right fucking targets if you're going to make it a point to be violent. Holy shit. The motherfucker across the street isn't the real enemy so don't use him as a vehicle for some fucked up form of catharsis.

Sorry, had to rant a bit.

I agree with the imagery of pointing that aggression towards police and government establishments.

But when I really sit down to think about it, You're asking for the police to straight go to town on everyone. They would take everybody out without hesitation.

I have never brought up ethnicity because I am referring to individuals. I'm not lumping together all individuals in a particular ethnicity into one group. I am referring to individuals who are blatantly indifferent. For example, in Benito Cereno the civilians on the slave ship were blatantly uncaring about the plight of the oppressed.

Okay sure, being blatantly indifferent is fundamentally different than just being indifferent/apathetic which your original post referenced, or at the very least, what is depicted in current reality.

Just because you're being oppressed/suffering doesn't mean it's right to lash out against the average joe.

Edit: Which brings up my Japanese analogy. The Japanese after their internment didn't take up arms and start rioting against the government and everyone else who were indifferent to their plight.

This warmed my heart.

Beautiful. It's very important to note that. And it's very important to cast out, like this person had shouted, those who would choose to justify violence towards fellow civilians over reason to work towards solving this problem. That's what losing the message is.

PopeReal

Got to love the promises of change from people.

"It will come, it takes time!", "Things are slowly changing!"...

No they are not. We have had time. Some hypothetical timetable that you come up with in your head is not real.

America has spoken and we don't give a shit. Getting to work on time is important. Order is important. That car window is important.

If you have a video of a police officer killing a black American we might listen. Maybe. But probably not, because we don't know the whole story.

We will watch our fellow Americans being shot, choked, beaten and lecture you on how to respond. Because they probably did something to deserve to die.

But don't bother us too much.

Rembrandt

Banned
Ok, so in your opinion only 18 year old adults being attacked is justified. So do they get IDed before they are attacked, or do people just go for the ones that "look" like they are 18? I'm not even claiming it's only black people attacking white people because I've actually seen it completely the other way around in this particular protest. Not to mention I can't claim to know if someone is "White" or "Black" just by looking at them, and certainly not enough at a glance where I would feel justified in attacking them based on my presumptions of their character.

Not that it matters, but I'm a Canadian (French/"Native American"), so there's pretty much zero that I can actually do to help you aside from perhaps donating to the Gray family if I could afford to. Though I wish I could protest in Baltimore, the best I can do is try to understand.

I can't understand rioting because I've never been put into a situation where I am so angry that I would go out and potentially break things and potentially hurt people so I can't claim to understand that. But I can understand protesting and doing what you can to affect change toward solving an obvious ingrained cultural problem. I've been in that situation before, though not for race-related reasons.

And certainly not EVERYONE who is attacked is homeless or an immigrant, or doesn't pay taxes or what have you. But eventually, someone who is attacked will be, and when that happens, is it still justified then? Or is it only ok to attack 18+ adults who pay taxes and are bread and born in America? Even so, how can you be sure you have the "right" person? It just seems like pointless collateral damage that won't accomplish anything in the end. You're hurting your own at that point, "Black" or "White" or "Brown", etc.

If detaining or hurting a police officer or other government official won't do anything from your perspective, then what is there to gain from doing so to a random citizen who may or may not have their own related or unrelated problems?

you're making it seem like they're purposely targeting people rather than just lashing out at things/people near by. i'm sure they can recognize children and probably aren't attacking people that don't look like they're past a certain age. I'm not saying it's okay, but I'm saying I understand why and I'm not going to look at them as bad people for it. all this superfluous shit is really unnecessary.

violent protests do solve problems. it keeps situations relevant. it makes people take notice of situations they might not have. it keeps it as a topic of discussion. it allows those protestors that are not rioting a projected voice because now people are really paying attention. it does help. our peaceful protests have been ignored constantly, too.

i know it sounds nice for all of us to keep being complacent and peaceful so everybody can ignore us, like they have done, but that doesn't solve problems either. if you think people rioting distracts from the true cause, you should be more upset at people that get mad at symptoms of the problem rather than the problem itself.

also i'm bowing out for a few. shit like this makes my heart hurt because several posters have explained things and yet nobody is convinced or cares. it's incredibly pointless.

Infinite

Okay sure, being blatantly indifferent is fundamentally different than just being indifferent/apathetic which your original post referenced, or at the very least, what is depicted in current reality.

Just because you're being oppressed/suffering doesn't mean it's right to lash out against the average joe.
Uuhh the post was clearly made in response to someone being blatantly indifferent and staunchly so.

I agree with the imagery of pointing that aggression towards police and government establishments.

But when I really sit down to think about it, You're asking for the police to straight go to town on everyone. They would take everybody out without hesitation.

If you're going to be violent at a protest, it comes with the price of knowing you may get charged for it (or beaten by the cops), which is why black bloc anarchists for example, try to conceal their identities as much as possible when they're clashing against the police. I've seen them fight the NYPD with metal pipes here on avenue C in the lower east side before, and cop cars getting smashed to hell and back. If the police are going to go to town protesters for destroying police property, they're going to do the same for attacking bystanders or destroying local businesses. The point is, directing your anger at specific symbolic targets (police, political) if you're going to go the violent revolutionary route is justifiable, while attacking local businesses or random people who may be allies is absolutely detrimental.

Sanjuro

That wasn't really a concession that was me moving on because we arent going to go any where like this. Your mind is already made up. You rather dismiss a plea for justice because of a few individuals who became unruly because our version of justice wasn't fair to them for a very long time. You rather tell me that I'm being too emotional in response to police brutality striking the communities that I'm from and reside in. It's pointless to talk to you. You have no empathy.

...based upon this post, neither do you.

I don't have such a negative strawman outlook on individuals either.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Got to love the promises of change from people.

"It will come, it takes time!", "Things are slowly changing!"...

No they are not. We have had time. Some hypothetical timetable that you come up with in your head is not real.

America has spoken and we don't give a shit. Getting to work on time is important. Order is important. That car window is important.

If you have a video of a police officer killing a black American we might listen. Maybe. But probably not, because we don't know the whole story.

We will watch our fellow Americans being shot, choked, beaten and lecture you on how to respond. Because they probably did something to deserve to die.

But don't bother us too much.
Yep, and even MLK noted the "mythical concept of time" regarding the white moderate:
who constantly says: 'I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action';

who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom;

who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a 'more convenient season.'

you're making it seem like they're purposely targeting people rather than just lashing out at things/people near by. i'm sure they can recognize children and probably aren't attacking people that don't look like they're past a certain age. I'm not saying it's okay, but I'm saying I understand why and I'm not going to look at them as bad people for it. all this superfluous shit is really unnecessary.

violent protests do solve problems. it keeps situations relevant. it makes people take notice of situations they might not have. it keeps it as a topic of discussion. it allows those protestors that are not rioting a projected voice because now people are really paying attention. it does help. our peaceful protests have been ignored constantly, too.

i know it sounds nice for all of us to keep being complacent and peaceful so everybody can ignore us, like they have done, but that doesn't solve problems either. if you think people rioting distracts from the true cause, you should be more upset at people that get mad at symptoms of the problem rather than the problem itself.

also i'm bowing out for a few. shit like this makes my heart hurt because several posters have explained things and yet nobody is convinced or cares. it's incredibly pointless.

I apologize, I'm not coming from any "they" or "them" perspective. Only arguing against the poster who had said that violence against innocent people is justified in this particular case. I'm coming from a perspective of individuals versus individuals. That a police officer murdered Freddie Gray (or that similar cases happen every day all over the US) does not make it ok to attack others unless they are directly attacking you and that you fear for your life.

I don't consider violence against innocent people superfluous. I can understand why people may be angry and do that. But it is not justified. Justification takes more than just being angry at "the Man" - although I have to say attacking a random civilian is not a very direct way of getting back at the Man. Why not just "attack" the Man? (The government/police in this case?)

If you think that won't solve the problem, then you cannot solve the problem. If violence truly is the only way to effect change (which it sometimes is, I agree) you have to take a top-down approach. The bottom-up approach will just piss everyone off and make you all enemies of each other while the Man watches over changing nothing to your benefit.

If you will not attack the Man, then you are fearful of the repercussions, which is understandable and justified considering the state of things in the US. But then how will you change it by instead attacking your own, the people who can effect change? I just don't see the reason or path at all. It's not about complacency, it's about reason. The peaceful protestors have it right. Gandhi had it right. MLK had it right. If you don't have the people in power on your side you have to become the people in power, or MAKE the people in power be on your side. "Bottom-up" is not the way to do that I don't think. You'll only be isolated.

If you're going to be violent at a protest, it comes with the price of knowing you may get charged for it (or beaten by the cops), which is why black bloc anarchists for example, try to conceal their identities as much as possible when they're clashing against the police. I've seen them fight the NYPD with metal pipes here on avenue C in the lower east side before, and cop cars getting smashed to hell and back. If the police are going to go to town protesters for destroying police property, they're going to do the same for attacking bystanders or destroying local businesses. The point is, directing your anger at specific symbolic targets (police, political) if you're going to go the violent revolutionary route is justifiable, while attacking local businesses or random people who may be allies is absolutely detrimental.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Enzom21

On a side note, do we know the reasons for the clashes between the protestors and the guys in and outside the bar? Isn't it a bit presumptuous for people to just assume the black protestors just randomly started attacking them, in a completely unprovoked fashion?

" We were peaceful. We walked thru 3 miles of Baltimore's worst neighborhood and nothing jumped off. Black non protesters were using their cars to block traffic. No police were there when we were in the hood, and no violence happened. Once we got downtown and the police were on every corner, the whites were calling us niggers, calling the white protestors nigger lovers, trying to plow us with their cars, and in turn they got drug out their cars and their cars were damaged. My son and I were pushed by white men. As I was about to taze em, a group of black men came up and handled them. Yet we are labeled as the animals. Yes it did turn chaotic but only after outsiders instigated. "
Of course it was ignored by all the "message lost" people.

So did Freddie Gray have any "baggage" with him like Brown did so that the (shitty) media can focus on it? Was he a gang banger of some sort?

nib95

Banned

Well that's certainly interesting. Funny how some in here were so quick to nigh on insinuate it was just out of control black protesters randomly wanting to murder innocent people...

I think that in itself says a lot.

roknin

Cømet;161722165 said:
It's truly a bad comedy. I just can't fathom how those in charge can accept their officers killing these poor people. All it says to me is that control of this kind needs to be taken away from humans as soon as possible, because they simply can't be trusted. What the fuck goes on within the head of a man that decides a life is worth less than their own because of their fucking colour????

Colour means fucking NOTHING.

Color is what this country, it's laws, and it's very notion of "freedom" was built on.

On the backs of slaves, on the corpses of the natives that lived here.

My grandparents grew up in in the south during a time where cops could and did routinely, randomly kill any "nigger" they felt like. No legal reprecussions. No "paid leave". Just business as usual.

So you know what's really frustrating to THEIR generation? What hurts my grandma's heart?

Seeing the same thing repeat freely, after so many decades of fighting to end that shit.

Which goes to the very core of why people get so frustrated at the cute sentiment of "oh man the violent riots these protests are oh so violent" and drawing the conversation away from the actual problem: police killing people with no reprecussions.

Reread the above, put yourself in that frightening position... And then reread this thread and others, and watch the news, and imagine everyone instead of talking about another Black Death at the hands of cops, zooming in and reposting pictures of skirmishes that were well established to NOT BE PART OF THE MAIN PROTESTS.

The only reason the message is lost is because people WANT it lost. Those same peaceful protesters are still preaching that message, but people outside looking in are looking at a group that has all shades of gray among it (some are violent out of frustration, some are violent because it's the weekend, insert other reasons here) are now the focal point of the discussion, not because they did anything substantial, but because they "ruined the message".

Meanwhile?

#notallcops

Of course it was, ruins the narrative.

To be fair I didn't even know that, because of how these things are almost ALWAYS framed.

Merc_

So did Freddie Gray have any "baggage" with him like Brown did so that the (shitty) media can focus on it? Was he a gang banger of some sort?

I don't think it really matters. I'd imagine that they'll use the small amount of protester violence for all their deflection needs.

Derpcrawler

I don't get why all these protest turn violent and to looting at first opportunity. Why innocent business owners have to suffer? Why loot stores? Even more, why destroy stores with no rational reason? Now the store owners will feel apprehensive whenever blacks walk past in the future. A natural fear instinct that reminds them that last time blacks walked past they indiscriminately destroyed the place. And thus racial profiling and prejudice will only intensify.

And we have people in this same thread justifying such behavior even though those businesses have nothing to do with random police or random people showing up to harass protesters (I didn't see a single video of that with only videos being of clashes).

lednerg

And we have people in this same thread justifying such behavior even though those businesses have nothing to do with random police or random people showing up to harass protesters (I didn't see a single video of that with only videos being of clashes).
https://youtu.be/CLrHTW-zVWk?t=1m27s

At the end of this video, around 1:28, you hear this dialog inside the bar, after the cameraman:

"Yo, people are getting kicked in the head out there."
"Yeah, all because of this guy, the motherfucker."
"He okay?"
"No he's not okay."

I'm not justifying violence, just saying it sounds like they were being provoked by somebody from the bar.

Derpcrawler

https://youtu.be/CLrHTW-zVWk?t=1m27s

At the end of this video, around 1:28, you hear this dialog inside the bar, after the cameraman:

"Yo, people are getting kicked in the head out there."
"Yeah, all because of this guy, the motherfucker."
"He okay?"
"No he's not okay."

I'm not justifying violence, just saying it sounds like they were being provoked by somebody from the bar.

Then they moved to other businesses, like dinner where you can see desperate female owner/manager trying to plead them to stop destroying her place. No one provoked them there. Then you have big group of young adults/teenagers talking on camera to RT journalist and later mugging her. The link I saw online before on YouTube was taken down by RT for some reason, but I was able to google webm file someone linked on twitter.

http://a.pomf.se/edjqca.webm

All I am saying, this type of behavior does nothing other than promoting racial profiling and prejudice against black people in United States

All I'm saying is that human lives are worth more than property. You can't replace a human life. Very telling some folks are fixating on broken property over human life. The outrage is severely misplaced.

Rembrandt

Banned
Then they moved to other businesses, like dinner where you can see desperate female owner/manager trying to plead them to stop destroying her place. No one provoked them there. Then you have big group of young adults/teenagers talking on camera to RT journalist and later mugging her. The link I saw online before on YouTube was taken down by RT for some reason, but I was able to google webm file someone linked on twitter.

http://a.pomf.se/edjqca.webm

All I am saying, this type of behavior does nothing other than promoting racial profiling and prejudice against black people in United States

Shut up, oh my god.

Literally everything we do promotes racial profiling and prejudice. Literally everything. I'm fucking profiled everyday of my life by complete strangers, so miss us with this we're bringing this on ourself bullshit.

Now we use your rhetoric to explain why we don't trust cops, people jump in with BUT NOT ALL COPS. Yet they constantly kill us and shit like this is rare. These threads make me so angry because they're a clear reflection of how the majority of America feels and its so sad.

Siegcram

If you don't want to answer my question or provide a quality response then there is no point in replying to me.
Provide a quality question then. The victim's past in these cases is entirely irrelevant and discussing it serves only and exclusively to shift the blame.

If you're interested in how the media misrepresents that, there are unfortunately very many other examples you could already consult on that.

Derpcrawler

Shut up, oh my god.

Literally everything we do promotes racial profiling and prejudice. Literally everything. I'm fucking profiled everyday of my life by complete strangers, so miss us with this we're bringing this on ourself bullshit.

Now we use your rhetoric to explain why we don't trust cops, people jump in with BUT NOT ALL COPS. Yet they constantly kill us and shit like this is rare. These threads make me so angry because they're a clear reflection of how the majority of America feels and its so sad.

Well, I am not American, never been to US or even any of the commonwealth countries myself. You just did what you accuse others of doing. I am just an outside observer and base my opinion on facts or at least multiple points of view and evidence when facts are not 100% verifiable.

I am minority myself in my country, yet at no point would I undermine my or my group cause if such issue would arise, not only undermine, but undermine by criminal and other activities that play exactly into stereotypes.

Rembrandt

Banned
Well, I am not American, never been to US or even any of the commonwealth countries myself. You just did what you accuse others of doing. I am just an outside observer and base my opinion on facts or at least multiple points of view and evidence when facts are not 100% verifiable.

I am minority myself in my country, yet at no point would I undermine my or my group cause if such issue would arise, not only undermine, but undermine by criminal and other activities that play exactly into stereotypes.

Are you Samuel Jackson in Django?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
While I urge non violent action first and foremost (on a much larger, more consistent basis than we usually see here in the states), I would have a hard time understanding anyone who can look at a montage of police brutality over the past year, 2 years, 5 years whatever and who is against action. The climate needs to change and if anyone has better ideas on how to make a point that we as a people can not and will not stand for it please enlighten me.

Rembrandt

Banned
I don't get this joke/reference. Explain please? Never seen the movie.

In terms that won't get me banned, I think it's fucking stupid that you're putting more focus on this potentially undermining the cause rather than the people that would disregard the years of police brutality all because a few people are being violent.

Which do you think is the worse problem: people rioting or people using rioting to justify racist beliefs and disregard the peaceful protesting and the reason people are in the streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom