• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic kinda disappointed by the Switch's power

Where did I say nothing? I said you can get away with size by skimping on fidelity. Are you going to sit here and tell me BotW wouldn't perform worse if it actually had a respectable draw distance and LoD. Are you not aware of how fog is used to cut corners and hide fidelity issues?

And look at what DF said about Xenoblade X:

Again, if you people are going to insist on calling developers lazy then actually apply the term with some logic instead of bashing devs just because they give you an answer you dont like. Devs all have their own vision for the products they want to make and thus have different priorities. Some devs could care less about IQ or fake, intangible assets all over the place, some devs aspire for much more. If the world provided infinite time and resources as you believe, freeing developers from making hard choices, maybe then you could call them lazy.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Not Forza Horizon.

Xenoblade X's issues in part are due to the performance being superb. That game runs better than pretty much any 7th gen open world game while having way more verticality than any of them as well. Game had to cut corners but the end result was insanely impressive.

Top Bottom