• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR confirms guest star appearances for Curb season 9

Elizabeth Banks, Bryan Cranston, Jimmy Kimmel, Ed Begley, Jr., Carrie Brownstein, Lauren Graham, Nick Offerman, Nasim Pedrad and Elizabeth Perkins are also set to appear during the upcoming season.

Cranston and Offerman are going to be PERFECT.

Some other good/new tidbits in the piece too.

When asked why he decided to do another season, the famed Seinfeld co-creator offered up a more sincere answer. "I'm not a misser. I don't really miss things, people that much, but I was missing it and i was missing these idiots so I thought, 'Yeah, what the hell? And I got tired of people asking is the show coming back? I couldn’t get asked that question anymore and I wasn’t ready to say no, never."

Despite the long hiatus, David has kept adding to his notebook of ideas in the years since the 2011 finale. "It wasn’t like you stopped with your little notebook," Schaffer said. "It was just a question of where those ideas were going to go."

Because David had been writing down ideas for so many years, "the shows are filled. I think there's a ton, a ton of stories this year. You had a bit of a reservoir, Schaffer said. "The shows are chock-full. They're dense. … Just a lot of stuff to get out."

Schaffer further elaborated: "The amount of uncomfortable situations he's been in these last six years... it's like we're sitting in the Fort Knox of awkward."

spyder_ur

This sounds fantastic - this is one of the rare shows where I actually enjoy how they use guest appearances/cameos. It plays with the audience's understanding of that person so well. Also pumped about the the part about how much material LD had in his head. This is going to be so good.

'I'm not a misser' is such an incredible LD quote.

What I want to know is why Larry turned down Norm MacDonald (as per the latest NML episode). Norm is worth one trillion Jimmy Kimmels.

Top Bottom