• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, Cencoroll gives you an item. And Toro is typically his perverted self (along with wanting to be the monster that eats the girl :lol )

MW2 was pretty funny, but I'm sure it's more funny with the language being understood. It was mostly Toro being shot at by Kuro and Toro complaining (I think?) No free item, boo Activision! I wanted something American to break all the Japanese items in Toro's home! :lol

I haven't checked the smaller episodes yet. But they may/may not give items out. I got the 15th Anni poster that is on the SCEJ website for the Playstation 1 launch date from the smaller episode last week. So you guys might want to check on those.

Yama

TheSeks said:
Mainichi Issayo->News->Top one (unless it's been deleted, apparently it was a one time thing), watch Toro/Koro Pack. You'll get given a question (dunno what it is) and then you're done moving, basically.

Boot up Weekly Toro, you should have your items and stuff.
When I tried to enter Mainichi Issyo it deleted itself, though I still have the data.

This is really depressing considering I watched literally every episode and had every item there was to get...

Zoe, anyone, know of any way using the Weekly Station? I still have my Mainichi Issho app on another PS3 as well.

Yama

Oh well, guess there is no way to transfer after the move day. Too bad I missed it. Hopefully something will be made available in the future, I still have the save file after all. If anyone finds anything please let me know.

On the positive side, most of the goodies are available again via the backlog. Not to mention the auto-play function makes it a breeze. Re-collecting the majority of them now.

Does anybody know what the pay only icon on the main index offers? Was wondering if the non gaming related backlogs would be available (miss my Vaio-P and Rolly!), along with the new weekly back logs. Not sure if they are mixed within the categories at the week's end or premium only.

On another note, I doubt anyone missed it but the Final Fantasy XIII episode is up. It gives away the Lightning PS3 and a beautiful poster.

kiryogi

Banned
Argh! Been meaning to transcribe last weeks ep but retail has me ! Anyway real quick for last week before I get around to this week's.

1st segment: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Toro and Kuro delve into the CoD series! And wear the most hilarious representations of americans >_< Antics ensue between the two as Toro tries to play, but keeps getting killed by Kuro. Eventually in the end, a miracle occurs and Toro actually gets a kill!

2nd segment: Cencoroll, more Kuro moe antics. blah blah

3rd segment: Our cats get more into FPS pros and we see Kuro owning it up, while shooting up Toro as well. It's actually a behind the scenes look at the first segment, as they end up explaining how Toro got the support fire. It turns out it was Televi-san to the rescue! Take that Kuro!

next/this week: Final Fantasy XIII! And.. Prison Break? wtf.

TheSeks

Yama said:
On another note, I doubt anyone missed it but the Final Fantasy XIII episode is up. It gives away the Lightning PS3 and a beautiful poster.

Totally going to watch that later. :lol

I read ToroStation does have its own trophies, but the trophy data won't install until you pay for a monthly fee once?
Out of curiosity, is there a trophy list somewhere if it's true?

hirokazu

TheSeks

hirokazu said:

Seem to be less "read the news 150 times!" than the last set! :lol (Of course, I'm going by no numbers. Maybe they're in the Japanese symbols I can't read :lol )

SolidusDave said:
I read ToroStation does have its own trophies, but the trophy data won't install until you pay for a monthly fee once?
Out of curiosity, is there a trophy list somewhere if it's true?

I blame us Dirty Americans getting free trophies for that. Sorry, Japan! :(

Though, the person was asking about the OLD Torostation (Mainichi) trophies. Which I think you can't get anymore, unless you pay for the archives, anyway?

hirokazu

TheSeks said:
Seem to be less "read the news 150 times!" than the last set! :lol (Of course, I'm going by no numbers. Maybe they're in the Japanese symbols I can't read :lol )

I blame us Dirty Americans getting free trophies for that. Sorry, Japan! :(
Yeah there's different requirements now, stuff like completing 5 questionnaires, buying 50 items with them points you earn, opening your backyard to the public, etc.

I wouldn't totally blame non-Japanese from getting free trophies, I think Sony just wants (or needs) the money. :p

hirokazu said:
http://trophies.ps3wiki.net/E9-80-B...-86-E3-83-BC-E3-82-B7-E3-83-A7-E3-83-B3-.html
Yeah the page says you need to have a 30 day paid subscription for trophies to show up. Seems like you get the gold instantly when you get the subscription, LOL.

thx

well at least we won't have another 0% trophy data like with the Evangelion news app :lol

2hh1xtv.jpg

Homeless Toro should sell 2 of his 3 PS3s for the rent :lol

Though he is sad about most of his stuff not fitting into the main room anymore

906o0g.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So, are there any guides to this game out there? I don't understand a word of japanese, but the idea of this game is alluring.

TheSeks

Brazil said:
So, are there any guides to this game out there? I don't understand a word of japanese, but the idea of this game is alluring.

It's not hard to understand now... there's some icons on the menus for the most part.

Just download it (esp. since it has no trophies unless you buy a subscription) and dive in. You'll get the basic gist behind it, even if you don't understand the news stories. :lol

Edit: And WTF Japan is just getting Prison Break season 4? And likes it? I guess Fox shows are huge over there. :lol

Yama

Odd, can anyone else still access Mainichi Issho in their games selection?

After using the new transfer method I moved all of my old data to the new Lightning PS3. I noticed Mainichi Issho was still there (despite being replaced by Shuukan ToroStation on my older console). Not sure if this is an oddity, I missed something or there was an update. I can access the old application alongside the new, play with all of my old items and watch the last episode any amount of times. Pretty nice to have both, hope it stays this way.

As for the last episode... since I missed it. I selected Yes to all of the options and the blue item aquisition box appeared on top of the screen. Seemed like it all went well, though I suppose I could only have done this in November, because the old items still aren't appearing despite the successful move. Just wondering if I went about it right. Either way it's no big deal, luckily the backlog has most of the old goodies still available.

TheSeks

Yama said:
Odd, can anyone else still access Mainichi Issho in their games selection?

It's supposed to stay up until April 2010. I can't accurately say if that'll be the case or not though.

Yama

TheSeks said:
It's supposed to stay up until April 2010. I can't accurately say if that'll be the case or not though.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Assumed it was deleted before when I saw it dissapear.

However, it is strange the episode is still available to move though it was a one day option... I mean, what's the point? :lol

TheSeks

OMG this weeks episode(s)! Toro gets payback on Koro by kicking his ass in the Kingdom Heart's Birth By Sleep battle system. :lol :lol

Next episode is pretty funny as it's an anime opening (so far). Toro with hair! :lol Hah, t hat was a pretty good one. Explains a long anime series (some German name I'm forgetting offhand right now), from like.... 1985 hitting Blu-ray this week in a huge ass four box set.

The most funny bit is the Frog showing up in the middle of the "episode" with "This is boring..." (or "this episode is going on too long!") and fast forwarding Toro/Koro's characters. :lol

JKTrix

It's Legend of the Galactic Heroes, only the greatest anime of all time. (Though they do talk a lot, so the Frog tellin 'em to hurry up is cute)

Dear God, I had an enormous grin on my face the entire time they were doing the LoGH segment. The way they re-enacted the first OP was brilliant.

kiryogi

Banned
TheSeks said:
OMG this weeks episode(s)! Toro gets payback on Koro by kicking his ass in the Kingdom Heart's Birth By Sleep battle system. :lol :lol

Next episode is pretty funny as it's an anime opening (so far). Toro with hair! :lol Hah, t hat was a pretty good one. Explains a long anime series (some German name I'm forgetting offhand right now), from like.... 1985 hitting Blu-ray this week in a huge ass four box set.

The most funny bit is the Frog showing up in the middle of the "episode" with "This is boring..." (or "this episode is going on too long!") and fast forwarding Toro/Koro's characters. :lol

I'm glad someone's still keepign up! Im still wathcing weekly but never get around to posting! :lol That said, if folks missed the week before, it was lucky star. In particular the the net idol psp game. For lucky star fans, Toro and Kuro go all out. They cosplay in school skirts and even perform the opening theme from the tv and the game! God I forget what the 2nd segment was, but viewing that first segment netted you a lucky star poster I think.

On top of seks comments, viewing the LoGH segment also nets you a poster. I found it pretty awesome that they pulled this off.

TheSeks

kiryogi said:
I'm glad someone's still keepign up!

Yeah, even if it's Japanese I like watching the episodes.

This week: Val Chron + some anime (IIRC) and a revisit to an anime studio in the mini-episodes on the right.

Koro is Welkin/The Tank operator! :lol (But not for long, he kills it!)

Toro is an interviewer and they interview the new characters.

Koro gets excited waaaay too much when the big-titted female character on the Galia side comes out. Toro is all "... -_-" while the other characters are silent and Koro is all "<3 <3 <3" :lol You damn pervert! :lol

And Eddy (Japan's favorite character from VC1) and Homer (the damn masochist) come back for a bit!

Oh, hey! Toro and Koro can be emblems on the tank! :20bux: Sega takes it out like the PSP2 cameo in the US + NISA taking them out in Disgaea 2/3, because SCEJ haet US Toro fans. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Just finally got to watch last week's episode. Had electricity trouble in the living room XD So seks covers the first portion. Here's the second!

It's a promo on Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Specially the new Aces PSP game and the 1st movie. We're once again treated to a song straight from the series itself, along with encounters with the main ladies. (Which of course leaves Kuro very excited) Some televi-san cosplaying as Nanoha with direct sound clips from the show itself, and some coverage on the PSP game and it's features. Watching all this will net you a Nanoha the 1st Movie poster and a Nanoha popup standee in nendroid style (SO CUTE).

Now next week's episode has Kuro all excited (while everyone else glares at him) It's an all out rpg week! End of Enternity and Ar Tonelico 3 will be the highlights. I can't wait to see how Kuro reacts in the ArT3 session, and more so will he also oogle Reanbell? :eek: Tune in tonight folks!

Wait I just noticed, you have a plat membership seks? I'm jealous XD This week was skimpy in terms of content, only 2 portions!

On side note, I just realized there are revoltech figures of Toro and Kuro, I must get these.

TheSeks

kiryogi said:
Wait I just noticed, you have a plat membership seks? I'm jealous XD This week was skimpy in terms of content, only 2 portions!

I wish. My cats wouldn't be homeless then. :( I dunno how I'm seeing the mini-episodes besides the "week in review"/beer drinking bit if you aren't seeing them. o_O

Also the ArTo3 girl changes outfits/wears nearly nothing and Koro gets a little too excited. :lol

He gets even more excited with the animated clothes changing bit. :lol :lol I dunno who they're trying to pander to with this besides him. :lol

Oh, and you get a poster from this episode.

TheSeks

TheSeks said:
I wish. My cats wouldn't be homeless then. :( I dunno how I'm seeing the mini-episodes besides the "week in review"/beer drinking bit if you aren't seeing them. o_O

Also the ArTo3 girl changes outfits/wears nearly nothing and Koro gets a little too excited. :lol

He gets even more excited with the animated clothes changing bit. :lol :lol I dunno who they're trying to pander to with this besides him. :lol

Oh, and you get a poster from this episode.

The other one is "End of Eternity" and it seems like a Tri-Ace RPG that won't suck because it's going with guns and gun customization (yes, I'm a FPS nut and tired of stale RPGs, sue me!).

I wasn't excited for it before, but I would kill for a US demo from Sega.

You also get a poster for the game from this episode, IIRC.

TheSeks

This week: God Eater for PSP and some random Anime I don't know. :lol You get an anime poster from the anime episode (I think).

TheSeks

Alright, I missed a month or so: kiryogi, if you happen to know what I missed spill it. :lol

This week: Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman: 3D and Toro and Koro visit the Museum of Naval science. No gifts from either, but the Badman 3D episode is :lol when they go to Acquire Studios (the makers of the game) see the head dude as a Badman avatar, and find out the dude with "an arrow in his head" is actually him. :lol

The museum bit is just Japanese going to see it stuff, kinda interesting. The site has a sparse English translation and it wouldn't be a bad visit if you are into that sort-of stuff and wanting to see a museum while in Japan. *shrug*

No gifts from either :)() Oh, well. Still decent episodes.

WYWY

So... there's supposed to be some big game-related announcement on 1st April. Even though it's not the day for the episode change, they're suggesting users log in to take a look.

Of course 'big' can just mean a new Toro game.

TheSeks

Aww... I missed an episode from last week thinking I could catch it today before the store updated. Seems Japan updates the store for their region when the firmware goes live along with the Toro episodes for the week. :(

This week had to do with some 3D effects on the TV (Sony touting the 3D ability of the PS3?) and some other episode I haven't gotten to yet.

... I feel like I'm the only person that is still using it, as I'm the only poster in here for the past few months. :( :lol

TheSeks

Well, this week is episodes about No More Heros HD remake, and an event in Japan called "BQ King." (some eating festival? Sounded/looked interesting but I can't find anything about it online)

No gifts. :( Seems those are paid-for now, I guess. :/

WYWY

TheSeks said:
and an event in Japan called "BQ King." (some eating festival? Sounded/looked interesting but I can't find anything about it online)
It's a food contest among the best yaki-udon from every prefecture in Japan - from Kyushu up to Hokkaido.

I enjoyed the "recommended food" episodes from back when it was Mainichi. But now they are members-only episodes. Good thing this particular episode is free.

TheSeks

WYWY said:
It's a food contest among the best yaki-udon from every prefecture in Japan - from Kyushu up to Hokkaido.

I enjoyed the "recommended food" episodes from back when it was Mainichi. But now they are members-only episodes. Good thing this particular episode is free.

Oh, thanks! Yeah, they should give us peasants/dirty dirty gaijins from the US more food episodes, always fun to see stuff like that. :lol

Maiinichi Issho service on 5/31/10.

Wasn't it supposed to be shut down last month? o_O

sorry for the bump, but the Toro Station app/game was updated to 1.01 (40 something MB) last week. I guess it contains only minor things, but I wanted to ask anyway if someone here knows what they changed as I can't find a change log on the official site.
After the update you can alternatively check its change log via the Update History option in the XMB, but as it's in Japanese I have not idea if there is something interesting :p

Top Bottom