• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So THIS is why the trophies weren't unlocking anymore.

Sucks that I have it incomplete and have been scouring the net trying to find out why. :(

Still no workarounds?

lupinko

dallow_bg said:
So THIS is why the trophies weren't unlocking anymore.

Sucks that I have it incomplete and have been scouring the net trying to find out why. :(

Still no workarounds?

Someone go complain to BeXide/SCEI or wait for them to goof on the next update (in that trophies can be obtained by all regions again).

Zoe

The 12/24 and 12/31 episodes have all of the prizes voted on during the 24hr marathon.

And be sure to watch the 12/25 episode for a big ass White Knight.

Cruzader

Banned
Zoe said:
The 12/24 and 12/31 episodes have all of the prizes voted on during the 24hr marathon.

Hey they havent fixed the trophy thing outside JPN thing right? Sucks I only got 20%

Thanx for the heads up though!

angelfly

Zoe said:

Sweet, I had forgotten all about those.

M3wThr33

Banned
I don't know when or if I'd get a response, but yeah.

It's retarded, if not for the fact that it's just in a state of limbo, as opposed to being removed.

And what's worse is the teasing of adding him to HSG5 in the USA. Granted, it was ass-easy to do, and almost required for the International servers to work, but they could have just as easily made it JPN-only.

lupinko

The thing is with the golf dlc, the Mainichi Issho content for the rest of the world outside of Japan, it was all free.

Whereas, I had to pay 500Y for Toro and iirc 300Y for the lobby Mainichi Issho clothes.

So yeah, it's weird they would freely introduce him like that, yet lock away trophies for people using other regions' accounts for Mainichi Issho. Also the Minnya no Putter Golf mini game on PSN was also released for the rest of Asia as Everybody's Putter Golf with TORO.

Then again, I hope this content making the other regions' golf means something for other regions LBP, since Toro (and Piposaru of Sarugetchu/Ape Escape) are so far exclusive to only the Japanese version. And unlike golf, my lbp is domestic. =S

Yama said:
Phew, I finally watched every single episode! There is something said for not seeing a single 'NEW' icon. :lol Now I can enjoy them at a normal pace.

These are the freebies I found along the way:

Ridge Racer 7 Poster
Ridge Racer 7 Reiko Poster
Virtua Fighter 5 Poster - Akira (or) El Blaze
RC410 Remote Control Car (RR7)
R-Suzuki's Periodic Table
Jun Pennant
Ricky Pennant
Pierre Pennant
Kuro Plaque
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Poster - Ryu Hayabusa
Ninja Gaidn Sigma Poster - Rachel
Devil May Cry Dante Figurine
Toro Inoue Toaster
EMMA-U0A Figurine
Pierre Themed Tissue Box
Ricky Themed Tissue Box
R-Suzuki Themed Tissue Box
Jun Themed Tissue Box
Kuro Themed Tissue Box
PlayStation Special Prize 2007 Plaque
LocoRoco Yellow Face Sticker
LocoRoco Pink Face Sticker
LocoRoco Blue Face Sticker
LocoRoco Butterfly Sticker
LocoRoco Owl Sticker
Sony Rolly
Miku Hatsune Poster
Tekken Heihachi Golden Trohpy
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 - White (or) Black
Time Crisis 4 Poster - A (or) B
RPG 8-bit Figurine - Dragon (or) Warrior
Wall Scroll
Devil May Cry 4 Poster
Disgaea 3 Poster
Sgt. Frog Poster
School Calendar 2008 Poster
Valkyrie Chronicles Tank Figurine
Toro Default Sticker
Toro Wink Sticker
Toro Glare Sticker
Toro Love Sticker
Toro Laugh Sticker
Kuro Sticker
500th Episode Poster
Hideo Kojima Autograph
Toro-Robo Animated Cel
MGS4 Duck Alarm Clock
MGS4 Metal Gear Mk. II Robot
SIREN: New Translation Poster
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 1
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 2
SIREN: New Translation Fan
Mainichi Issyo Themed Watermelon Carving

I'm jealous, I jumped on the Mainichi Isshou train way too late, so I missed out on the older ones.......I wanted a DMC toy =(

WYWY

Besides the 24-hour anniversary marathon being already available for viewing for some time....

Am I missing something? Mainichi now supports Dolby 5.1. Has this been there all along or it just came in with the latest update?

Miburou

During the 24-hour marathon, you'd be asked to choose an item after some segments, with all the votes tallied up. When and how do I obtain those items?

WYWY

Miburou said:
During the 24-hour marathon, you'd be asked to choose an item after some segments, with all the votes tallied up. When and how do I obtain those items?
The items were handed out during the Christmas episode and the New Year episode as a kind of present. If you missed them.... mmmm you'll probably have to wait until those are available in the archives.

Darkpen

Banned
could someone please explain to me what in the world is going on in the new "maiitsu TOROSTATION ENKAKUSOUSA 1" video? Why in the world are they in jail? D: I mean, its 15 minutes worth of them talking to anime character portraits who I assume are characters from some game... but I'm so lost, yet its 15 minutes long! I must know.

RotBot

I just ran this on my US account for the first time in 4 months and a trophy popped up. Trophies are working for other regions again!

Yama

RotBot said:
I just ran this on my US account for the first time in 4 months and a trophy popped up. Trophies are working for other regions again!
Yeah, but un-like how it should be it awarded me only one trophy. I've watched nearly every episode up until two months ago. Not retroactive now?

Edit: Watched an episode and it then gave them all to me. Yay, finally! Deserve it. :lol

OT: Anything for Biohazard 5 these past weeks?

WYWY

In case anyone else experienced the same problem....

A recent update messed up a few installations - mine included. You'll see a blank screen when you run the game. The usual "we sincerely apologize" message is posted on the official site. The only way to recover is to delete the game (not your save game!) and re-install.

lupinko

WYWY said:
In case anyone else experienced the same problem....

A recent update messed up a few installations - mine included. You'll see a blank screen when you run the game. The usual "we sincerely apologize" message is posted on the official site. The only way to recover is to delete the game (not your save game!) and re-install.

I was actually going to post this.

It happened to me. =x

WYWY

On a related note, there's another announcement of.... an announcement. :lol

The Dokodemo team is working on something new in the series, and just announced on the official site that the... annoncement :lol will be on Friday (JP time).

I think before Mainichi, I wouldn't be so interested. But now I am genuinely curious what it will be. It's also going to be their 10-year anniversary this July - something to mark the occasion?

lupinko

WYWY said:
On a related note, there's another announcement of.... an announcement. :lol

The Dokodemo team is working on something new in the series, and just announced on the official site that the... annoncement :lol will be on Friday (JP time).

I think before Mainichi, I wouldn't be so interested. But now I am genuinely curious what it will be. It's also going to be their 10-year anniversary this July - something to mark the occasion?

INSTANT GOTY

WYWY

Uuugggghhhh... the new news opening and theme... horrible and distracting.

I'm now trying to find same feedback forum or comment page where I can tell them just how horrible the change is...

CloakBass

Recently, the game displays the PS3 logo and the disclaimer before getting to a screen with a gray box and a what looks like a swinging clock that never stops loading. I can press select to be given a "can't take a picture" icon or manually quit out of the game, but the game itself never loads. I tried deleting and re-downloading the game, but it makes no difference.

Anyone else been having this same problem or know how to fix it? I've been working on my Japanese this summer and I was looking forward to giving the game go :(

Yama

May 27th episode has a Vaio Type P for Toro, only a few days until it's gone.

By the way, I'll be watching *all* of the archived episodes soon. On top of my previously posted list, I'll post all of the new item findings and exactly which episode they are in.

lupin23rd

Any trailer up for Toro to Morimori?

Also, is there a good Toro alarm clock? There's some really annoying sounds in Mainich that would be good for an alarm :lol

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090706_300296.html

lupinko

g35twinturbo said:
I'm still trying to get this up and running :(

the guide needs to be updated or something.

If it's not working right, just delete it and redownload/install, sometimes the newer updates screw up people's installs (I know because I have had to do this fix twice already in the span of a year of updates. :lol). Even Bexide is aware of this and always mentions it on the official site.

lupinko

borsdy said:
Are the trophies really working again for North American PSNs?

Been like that for awhile, we have to thank M3wThr33 though for bringing them back though (or at least he contributed to it probably). Too bad he's still banned. :'(

The only "game" with "locked" trophies is the Misato News application, but that's because in order for you to view the broadcasts you need a subscription and that can only be purchased from the Japan store.

And yes I've tested it with other accounts when I had my subscription, and even the special date trophies require the subscription licence as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
ah, morimori.

i'd love to get it, but i don't know about $60-something for it. is this bargain-priced in japan?

WYWY

mattiewheels said:
ah, morimori.

i'd love to get it, but i don't know about $60-something for it. is this bargain-priced in japan?
Considering this too...

It's 54.90 USD in play-asia. Throw in a PA coupon and it'll hit 49.90USD. Yes it already is cheaper than the usual new released prices.

Chances of a Best! version is slim. The previous PS2 installment is only just getting a Best! release.

If we really want to save, we can cross our fingers and hope PA takes in more stock than they can sell, resulting in it being discounted in within a year. But doubtful PA will bother to stock up for this. Usual clue is to see whether it has the 'ship in 24 hours' label.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
WYWY said:
Considering this too...

It's 54.90 USD in play-asia. Throw in a PA coupon and it'll hit 49.90USD. Yes it already is cheaper than the usual new released prices.

Chances of a Best! version is slim. The previous PS2 installment is only just getting a Best! release.

If we really want to save, we can cross our fingers and hope PA takes in more stock than they can sell, resulting in it being discounted in within a year. But doubtful PA will bother to stock up for this. Usual clue is to see whether it has the 'ship in 24 hours' label.
are these basically the collected minigames you can purchase in mainichi issyo? or is there a lot of exclusive stuff in there (as i expect)?

WYWY

mattiewheels said:
are these basically the collected minigames you can purchase in mainichi issyo? or is there a lot of exclusive stuff in there (as i expect)?
These are the minigames that are purchased in Mainichi. Difference is that they have gone through some tuning and now support co-op and competitive play, some up to 4 players.

No explicit mention of any exclusive mini-game in the news to-date.

There's story mode about Toro trying to become human, and you clear chapters by completing mini-games.

There's also some Mainichi-themed PSP applications (such as a Toro clock I think) on the disc.

lupinko

WYWY said:
Considering this too...

You just gave me a great idea for what I can do with the $5 coupon I just got from buying Shinjuku Incident BD and SRWK from PA. :D

WYWY

PA pre-order also lists a 'Toro Anniversary Collection' (ASIA) which is most likely intended to be the ASIA release of MoriMori. It ships in August.

Asia release tend to be cheaper than the JP release - but it's a guess as to how much cheaper.

There have also been instances in PA that a ASIA release was listed, but never materialized.

lupinko

WYWY said:
PA pre-order also lists a 'Toro Anniversary Collection' (ASIA) which is most likely intended to be the ASIA release of MoriMori. It ships in August.

Asia release tend to be cheaper than the JP release - but it's a guess as to how much cheaper.

There have also been instances in PA that a ASIA release was listed, but never materialized.

I think in those cases, the local publisher/distributor probably just decided to ship the US or JP version instead of doing a separate Asia release.

mh, did notbody read this?
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/20/sony-cat-ps3-party-game-being-localized/

Toro to Morimori gets an SCEAsia / Hongkong release and as with ALL Sony-PS3-games (ty HK for Afrika, AH etc.), it will therefor get an English translation!
This english/international Version releases in August (and the japanese one tomorrow) and will be named "Toro! Let’s Party!".

mhh but I don't know, I really like Toro for the lulz and Mainichi Issho for the tech but I'm unsure if I want to buy a retail (price) game with him xD

On the other hand, this was one of the games/franchises I would never expect to become understandable for me.
I have that Minigolf game, but that was cheap and has not story-mode ^^

maybe I should just stick to my toro plushie, time will tell :p

Top Bottom