• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

Replicant

Cruzader said:
have this same issue. I cant do anything but look at this screen with some japanese written stuff and only think I can read is "PS" and clock spinning on bottom right. Any ideas? I'm using a japanese account and still nothing.

Synchronised your time online so that it gets the right time. I think I used Tokyo time too. Not sure if other time will work.

Zoe

Replicant said:
Synchronised your time online so that it gets the right time. I think I used Tokyo time too. Not sure if other time will work.

Any time, any account is fine. You just need to make sure the system time and daylight savings settings are right for your time zone.

Zoe

MGS4 newscasts are now in the archives under ゲーム特集 for anybody who missed them.

Have to wait for next month for Siren T_T

Yama

Phew, I finally watched every single episode! There is something said for not seeing a single 'NEW' icon. :lol Now I can enjoy them at a normal pace.

These are the freebies I found along the way:

Ridge Racer 7 Poster
Ridge Racer 7 Reiko Poster
Virtua Fighter 5 Poster - Akira (or) El Blaze
RC410 Remote Control Car (RR7)
R-Suzuki's Periodic Table
Jun Pennant
Ricky Pennant
Pierre Pennant
Kuro Plaque
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Poster - Ryu Hayabusa
Ninja Gaidn Sigma Poster - Rachel
Devil May Cry Dante Figurine
Toro Inoue Toaster
EMMA-U0A Figurine
Pierre Themed Tissue Box
Ricky Themed Tissue Box
R-Suzuki Themed Tissue Box
Jun Themed Tissue Box
Kuro Themed Tissue Box
PlayStation Special Prize 2007 Plaque
LocoRoco Yellow Face Sticker
LocoRoco Pink Face Sticker
LocoRoco Blue Face Sticker
LocoRoco Butterfly Sticker
LocoRoco Owl Sticker
Sony Rolly
Miku Hatsune Poster
Tekken Heihachi Golden Trohpy
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 - White (or) Black
Time Crisis 4 Poster - A (or) B
RPG 8-bit Figurine - Dragon (or) Warrior
Wall Scroll
Devil May Cry 4 Poster
Disgaea 3 Poster
Sgt. Frog Poster
School Calendar 2008 Poster
Valkyrie Chronicles Tank Figurine
Toro Default Sticker
Toro Wink Sticker
Toro Glare Sticker
Toro Love Sticker
Toro Laugh Sticker
Kuro Sticker
500th Episode Poster
Hideo Kojima Autograph
Toro-Robo Animated Cel
MGS4 Duck Alarm Clock
MGS4 Metal Gear Mk. II Robot
SIREN: New Translation Poster
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 1
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 2
SIREN: New Translation Fan
Mainichi Issyo Themed Watermelon Carving

Replicant

Yama said:
SIREN: New Translation Poster
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 1
SIREN: New Translation In-Game Poster 2
SIREN: New Translation Fan

Are the past episodes featuring these extras are now posted again? The last time I went there, I was too late and it wasn't in the "recent entries" but it wasn't in "archive" yet either.

Yama

Replicant said:
Are the past episodes featuring these extras are now posted again? The last time I went there, I was too late and it wasn't in the "recent entries" but it wasn't in "archive" yet either.

I believe they will be available September 1st under the archive.

By the way, I'm sure you have already noticed, but Sony released the wallpaper version of your icon along with another in the same style. I know you wanted them to do so, just a heads up. :)

kuYuri

After resisting for a very long time, I finally created a JPN PSN account (and an HK one) and downloaded this. But otherwise, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. It's impossible to play with this without knowing some Japanese. I'm starting to feel it was pointless to get it. :(

Replicant

Yama said:
I believe they will be available September 1st under the archive.

;_; ....15 more days. I want my haunted fan and posters now.

By the way, I'm sure you have already noticed, but Sony released the wallpaper version of your icon along with another in the same style. I know you wanted them to do so, just a heads up. :)

Yeah, I posted them on SIREN thread. I'm glad that they posted those images. :D

Zoe

Oh man, I'm so behind on episodes. I need a gif of Toro slapping my nyavatar.

But Toro is too sweet to do such a thing T_T

I noticed that there was no version update this month, only new items in the store. Did they say anything about it in one of the episodes that already fell off?

Yama

Zoe said:
Oh man, I'm so behind on episodes. I need a gif of Toro slapping my nyavatar.

But Toro is too sweet to do such a thing T_T

I noticed that there was no version update this month, only new items in the store. Did they say anything about it in one of the episodes that already fell off?
Nothing about an update. A recent episode provided a fairly lengthy questionaire though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i haven't played this in ages, and when i went in today, there was a pretty long 'update' happening. anybody know what this could be?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
bumping in hope that someone knows what the update was.

Farnack

Banned
Man! I'm playing this game where you have to tell which colour is shown in kanji, hiragana, or English.

It's freaking impossible. >_<

And it's only the fifth show. Can someone tell me if completing it is important? >_>;;

Zoe

Farnack said:
Hey, I'm seeing that the past news only go up to 05/07... but there's more before that isn't there?

They only keep a year's worth in the archive :\

I never actually checked the categories though. Those might not fall under the one-year rule.

Farnack

Banned
Zoe said:
They only keep a year's worth in the archive :\

I never actually checked the categories though. Those might not fall under the one-year rule.
NOOOOOOOOoooooo! part 2

So I better start reading to get my points... or whatever.

Farnack

Banned
Hah! I finally beat it. My problem was that I was trying to do it through remote play. For some reason, I guess the response time was slower than directly through PS3.

Anyways, since the older news are gone, I assume that means the items that were obtainable by reading those old news posts can't be obtained anymore? I want the Reiko Nagase poster, but Ridge Racer news must have been long ago. 8(

Brofist

Farnack said:
Hah! I finally beat it. My problem was that I was trying to do it through remote play. For some reason, I guess the response time was slower than directly through PS3.

Anyways, since the older news are gone, I assume that means the items that were obtainable by reading those old news posts can't be obtained anymore? I want the Reiko Nagase poster, but Ridge Racer news must have been long ago. 8(

The gaming ones are archived separately, the RR one should still be there.

mattiewheels

i played a little today, and i unlocked some trophies! :lol :lol

is there a trophy list translated somewhere? i seem to have 36% of em.

i'm also trying to figure out how to do the hot shots golf thing, since i see the wallpaper screen includes that stuff now.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
wow, is that an addition to hsg, or to mainichi?

The backyard? Mainichi

Anton668 said:
maybe I missed it, but how do you play the dice game?

To get to it:
- &#12466;&#12540;&#12512;
- &#12414;&#12356;&#12395;&#12385;&#21491;&#33075;&#12521;&#12531;&#12461;&#12531;&#12464;
- Press square for practice mode

To play it:
- Count how many dice are in the picture (don't forget ones not visible!)
- Press the direction that matches the number of dice

Anton668

I figured the dice out. Thanks anyways.

I was counting numbers on the dice, not the dice themselves.

Now how do you know if you have stuff for your backyard?
or do you have to buy that stuff?

Varth

I discovered this only recently, and absolutely love it.
Add me to the "why the F aren't we waiting for an english version of this instead of home?" list, please.

Also, anybody knows what level of popularity has this game in Japan?

Brofist

Varth said:
I discovered this only recently, and absolutely love it.
Add me to the "why the F aren't we waiting for an english version of this instead of home?" list, please.

Probably because Home seems to have more upside to it than this. This just gets boring after a while.

Varth said:
Also, anybody knows what level of popularity has this game in Japan?

Not all that popular.

Epcott

Doesn't look too boring. Guest appearances, news, the amount of things to put in your room...

If I had known MI was like this, I would have invested more time into it. So far, this makes Home seem so boring.

lupinko

Eh, it's kinda on topic, because of the MingolxMainichi Issho Matsuri.

torovskratos1.jpg

torovskratos2.jpg

web01

Whenever i go inyo the ingame shop my S3 always freezes any idea on a fix that doesnt involve redownloading .

Also apparently yuou can back up your progress to he sony server how do I do this?

Zoe

web01 said:
Whenever i go inyo the ingame shop my S3 always freezes any idea on a fix that doesnt involve redownloading .

Which account are you using? Remember the shop doesn't work for non JP accounts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yama

Seiken said:
I'm sure they're retroactive. They've been out for months.
I'm not even getting the starter trophy for the update, odd...

Edit: Watched three episodes for the heck of it, no trophy. Re-installed the game completely, no trophy.

Could this have been a one time update? *sighs* Mainichi Issyo doesn't even show that I've played it on my list.

Edit 2: Worked for my Japanese account. Perhaps it was updated... :( Regardless, if there is any work around let me know. Appeciate it.

Wark

Yama said:
I'm not even getting the starter trophy for the update, odd...

Edit: Watched three episodes for the heck of it, no trophy. Re-installed the game completely, no trophy.

Could this have been a one time update? *sighs* Mainichi Issyo doesn't even show that I've played it on my list.

Edit 2: Worked for my Japanese account. Perhaps it was updated... :( Regardless, if there is any work around let me know. Appeciate it.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as you. I'm not getting any trophies (not even the starter one) and it isn't showing up on my list either.

Yama

Wark said:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem as you. I'm not getting any trophies (not even the starter one) and it isn't showing up on my list either.
I'm thinking it is the latest update. I tried downloading from the store (it is a version behind) but it updates automatically and will not start w/o an internet connection.

Since I watched nearly every episode since the start, I want these...

Pallaris

Hmm same problem must have been the 2nd anniversary update'... the trophies now only unlock/work if you play with a Japanese PSN account. That sucks cause now I have an incomplete set under my regular account :(

Yama

Pallaris said:
Hmm same problem must have been the 2nd anniversary update'... the trophies now only unlock/work if you play with a Japanese PSN account. That sucks cause now I have an incomplete set under my regular account :(
The other version is still downloadable via the store, pre-anniversary. Is the ANY way to run it without updating? Just want to unlock these trophies, I deserve them. T.T

Anybody...? Zoe?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yama said:
The other version is still downloadable via the store, pre-anniversary. Is the ANY way to run it without updating? Just want to unlock these trophies, I deserve them. T.T

Anybody...? Zoe?
They are retroactive. When i installed the patch back in Sept. after reading one, it awarded me several.

I have not finished the trophies, as I have not read 120 yet, but I am close. I think igot onne just last week, the 90 one.

Also remember that each account is independent. So if you read them all on your Japan account, then you will get trophies there. If you read them on US account, then trophies there.

Pallaris

Well the problem now is the trophies won't unlock on non JPN accounts. This is annoying for anyone going in post update to boost their trophy level.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could remove trophy information from your PS3... but i'm basically stuck with a 10% complete set with seemingly no way to acquire the rest of them.

Bit of a dumb move from Sony locking out trophies to other accounts, especially for people who can actually read Japanese.

Zoe

Yama said:
Anybody...? Zoe?

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to sit down and look at this x_x

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to roll back your version. The game checks something as small as your system time... I'm sure it checks your version before letting you start up.

lupinko

Pallaris said:
Well the problem now is the trophies won't unlock on non JPN accounts. This is annoying for anyone going in post update to boost their trophy level.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could remove trophy information from your PS3... but i'm basically stuck with a 10% complete set with seemingly no way to acquire the rest of them.

Bit of a dumb move from Sony locking out trophies to other accounts, especially for people who can actually read Japanese.

Really? I think I unlocked one yesterday and it was on my CA account, then again my PS3 is NTSCJ-JPN, hmmm.

Yeah, I have the anniversary version too.

EDIT: N/m last time I got a trophy was on the 11th, hmm, oh well if it is true.

But how exactly is the trophy system done for Mainichi Issho anyway? Because if it's all online related like everything else in the game, it could just be delayed maybe because of the preparations for the Marathon?

I mean, if they wanted to lock non-JP accounts they would have done it day 1, and to lock out just trophies is like arbitrary and pointless.

Yama

Zoe said:
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to sit down and look at this x_x

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to roll back your version. The game checks something as small as your system time... I'm sure it checks your version before letting you start up.
The previous version is still available to download via the Store, pre-anniversary edition that unlocks trophies for all regions.

I guess the question here is if there is a way to boot the game without forcing the update, ala w/o an internet connection.

kuYuri

Damn, my heart is broken hearing this. I was slowly trying to go for the 90 and 120 trophy, but now it's all for nought. :(

Pallaris

But how exactly is the trophy system done for Mainichi Issho anyway? Because if it's all online related like everything else in the game, it could just be delayed maybe because of the preparations for the Marathon?

I'm still able to unlock trophies via my JPN account so probably nothing to do with any server delay. (I was thinking this originally). The evidence here from other user's backs this up as well.

I mean, if they wanted to lock non-JP accounts they would have done it day 1, and to lock out just trophies is like arbitrary and pointless.

Seems that's exactly what they've done. It is pretty stupid and pointless. Unless someone from Sony is reading this and can sort this shit out we're stuck.

EDIT- the game won't start without a net connection as Yama pointed out (seems to be a hardcoded check) so the old version is no good.

:(

lupinko

Pallaris said:
I'm still able to unlock trophies via my JPN account so probably nothing to do with any server delay. (I was thinking this originally). The evidence here from other user's backs this up as well.

Seems that's exactly what they've done. It is pretty stupid and pointless. Unless someone from Sony is reading this and can sort this shit out we're stuck.

EDIT- the game won't start without a net connection as Yama pointed out (seems to be a hardcoded check) so the old version is no good.

:(

Could also be a glitch for all we know when they patched it. Too bad no one can complain to SCEI about it.

And I just confirmed as well that support works on my JP account, which is funny because my JP account was farther along than my CA one anyway. lol

But yeah on my CA account Mainichi Issho is not bumped up to the top of the trophy list when I'm playing it.

Top Bottom