• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Seems like I missed something, I started messing with this today. I did the initial update with the loading bar then it asks you to restart (which I do) now it goes to a screen where it says something about "PS" and has a spinning clock in the bottom right, and its been chillin there for a while. any ideas?

Zoe

g35twinturbo said:
Seems like I missed something, I started messing with this today. I did the initial update with the loading bar then it asks you to restart (which I do) now it goes to a screen where it says something about "PS" and has a spinning clock in the bottom right, and its been chillin there for a while. any ideas?

Can you take a picture or something?

The #1 problem most people have is their time is incorrect. You need to make sure it's right, including Daylight Savings settings.

Miburou

Could someone help me here? I'm trying to get some of the DLC, but when I click on the icon in the store (the one with the + sign) it just sits there. Do I need to reinstall the game or something?

Zoe

Miburou said:
Could someone help me here? I'm trying to get some of the DLC, but when I click on the icon in the store (the one with the + sign) it just sits there. Do I need to reinstall the game or something?

Which account are you using? The real store only works on a Japanese account.

The Myaile shop is the one that works for everybody.

Miburou

Yeah, of course I'm accessing it with my Japanese account, otherwise the game and add-ons wouldn't be there. Do I need to set the time to Japan time? (I created the account and downloaded the main game when I was in Tokyo).

Btw, what's the myaile store?

Zoe

No, you never have to set your system to Japan time to use the game.

The Myaile shop is the second store where you buy stuff with the points you've accumulated.

Miburou

Thanks for the info.

Actually, what I should be asking is, is there anything under "Mainichi isshou/tsuika aitemu"? in the JP PSN store? Cause it says created/updated 2008/06/26 but it's empty when I click on it. Now that I actually read the description, it says that it has been moved to the store inside the game, so I feel kinda dumb. :)

But I don't remember seeing the store in the game (I've deleted it), so maybe you have to download a newer version of the game?

Zoe

They used to keep all of the DLC in the actual PSN store, but they took it out after a few months and moved it in-game, so the only thing there is the actual game.

edgefusion

I just downloaded it, it's dead cute! That guide for freebies doesn't seem to be very reliable though, I haven't successfully gotten anything by using it. Although I did come across a PS3 to go in Toro's room. :D

Banned
This looks like the greatest thing of all time! Like Animal Crossing news!

Hope Nintendo are taking note...

Yama

mattiewheels said:
which mini-game did you buy?

and i wish i knew how to get the shinkawa art, i missed it.
I bought the baseball/soccer pack a summer or so ago.

The art is around the launch of MGS4. They may have been taken out now but should be archived eventually.

Zoe

This month's cosplay seems interesting...

Punk
- rhythm game
- local vs mode
- online ranking
- can play with your own music

Toro's Summer Vacation is coming up soon... last year it started on August 6th, but since they mentioned it during the July update, maybe it will come sooner?

Loxley

Hey guys, I have a quick question. This is in regards to PSN overall, since I couldn't find a PS3 exclusive thread, figured I may as well quickly toss it in here since the topic (sort of) deals with PSN. So apologies for the slight digression off of the thread topic : /

I'm currently in the process of setting up a PSN account, but I'm having a problem when I reach the stage where I need to choose a PSN ID, or my "gamertag". After every single thing I enter, I get the error "The online ID you entered cannot be used. Please choose another online ID."

I've been at this for nearly 20 minutes trying to find a damn ID that works, but even when I started typing in random shit like djhgfjhdsbxx I would get the same error. I refuse to believe someone is using that tag -_-

I read the naming guidelines very carefully and every time I make sure it starts with a letter and is in between 3-13 characters in length, and doesn't match my sign-in ID or password, but I keep getting nowhere. Any idea what the hell I might be doing wrong?

hirokazu

Loxley said:
Hey guys, I have a quick question. This is in regards to PSN overall, since I couldn't find a PS3 exclusive thread, figured I may as well quickly toss it in here since the topic (sort of) deals with PSN. So apologies for the slight digression off of the thread topic : /

I'm currently in the process of setting up a PSN account, but I'm having a problem when I reach the stage where I need to choose a PSN ID, or my "gamertag". After every single thing I enter, I get the error "The online ID you entered cannot be used. Please choose another online ID."

I've been at this for nearly 20 minutes trying to find a damn ID that works, but even when I started typing in random shit like djhgfjhdsbxx I would get the same error. I refuse to believe someone is using that tag -_-

I read the naming guidelines very carefully and every time I make sure it starts with a letter and is in between 3-13 characters in length, and doesn't match my sign-in ID or password, but I keep getting nowhere. Any idea what the hell I might be doing wrong?
How about quit the entire process and start from scratch?

Miburou

The Toto Station segments are great Japanese practice. It's too bad there's no archive for the past episodes older than a couple of weeks (or is there?).

Zoe

Miburou said:
The Toto Station segments are great Japanese practice. It's too bad there's no archive for the past episodes older than a couple of weeks (or is there?).

よりぬき

There are also episodes separated by categories.

Yama

The SIREN episode was awesome, plus four new items!

-2008_7_1704_24_44.jpg

-2008_7_1704_25_18.jpg

-2008_7_1704_28_28.jpg

-2008_7_1704_28_41.jpg

-2008_7_1704_30_10.jpg

Re-organized my room a bit. Busy and fun. ^.^

-2008_7_1705_04_18.jpg

Replicant

Yama said:

ZOMG! Where did you get that DMC4 poster from? (Which episode?) and I assume that Siren poster is from the Siren episode? Must get!! Although I wish SONY will make that available as a real wallpaper for PS3.

Yama

Replicant said:
ZOMG! Where did you get that DMC4 poster from? (Which episode?) and I assume that Siren poster is from the Siren episode? Must get!! Although I wish SONY will make that available as a real wallpaper for PS3.
The DMC4 poster is now archived around the time of it's release. SIREN poster, (2) others and the fan are included in the one episode, which is fun to watch on it's own regardless.

<-- Nice icon, do you have the original file?

Replicant

Yama said:
The DMC4 poster is now archived around the time of it's release. SIREN poster, (2) others and the fan are included in the one episode, which is fun to watch on it's own regardless.

<-- Nice icon, do you have the original file?

I do. But it's only a screenshot of the CD cover that I took from the official site:

siren2.jpg

I've been hoping that Sony will release a proper wide-screen wallpaper of it. Unfortunately they haven't got the foresight to do so. :(

And I want that poster for my own real room.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
whoa, i haven't been on torostation in a while. is the siren episode one of this weeks?

Zoe said:
This month's cosplay seems interesting...

Punk
- rhythm game
- local vs mode
- online ranking
- can play with your own music

did you buy this? how is it? i need to buy a costume but i want to get the best game possible for my yen.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
did you buy this? how is it? i need to buy a costume but i want to get the best game possible for my yen.

I'm just about out of money on my JP account. Haven't gotten around to buying more yet :(

There will probably be vids of it on Youtube once the update hits.

gloone

mattiewheels said:
whoa, i haven't been on torostation in a while. is the siren episode one of this weeks?

Where do you buy it?

Kuran

Banned
Loxley said:

Have the same problem..

Kuran

Banned
gloone said:
Are you sure you're not trying to enter your PSN id where you're supposed to enter your e-mail?

I took a wrong turn somewhere, don't know what I was thinking last time.

I just did it again, and it seems to work fine now.

Replicant

Kuran said:
Have the same problem..

Do it on PC first then log on using your PS3 later on. It's easier to think and type a new name that way. Also, if you need suggestion, I was going through some silly names and these works:

ethsjjy
Yorrop

Zoe

gloone said:
When I enter the store in-game it just says "Loading" on every object and nothing happens. :(

Like I said earlier, it only loads if you're using a JP account.

gloone

Zoe said:
Like I said earlier, it only loads if you're using a JP account.

Hah, yeah. I'm such a retard. How was I supposed to buy stuff without being in my account with Yen anyway, heh. :D

Sorry.

Yama

I've got pretty much everything down in the menus, except I don't know how to equip my avatar with t-shirts I made. Where do you go for this? Thanks so much, I wan to wear my Dreamcast t-shirt. :)

Yama said:
I've got pretty much everything down in the menus, except I don't know how to equip my avatar with t-shirts I made. Where do you go for this? Thanks so much, I wan to wear my Dreamcast t-shirt. :)
Don't forget, the main cat isn't your avatar.

You're avatar is the one when you go outside and to other people backyards.

Yama

Metalmurphy said:
Don't forget, the main cat isn't your avatar.

You're avatar is the one when you go outside and to other people backyards.
Yes, I know who it is. Thanks. Just where to go to put on the custom t-shirt? I seriously went through each and every option. :(

Zoe

Yama said:
Yes, I know who it is. Thanks. Just where to go to put on the custom t-shirt? I seriously went through each and every option. :(

You have to buy a 100 yen ticket for each piece of clothing you make :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
so, what does the PSN july update bring to mainichi?

any big additions, or just tweaks?

mattiewheels said:
so, what does the PSN july update bring to mainichi?

any big additions, or just tweaks?

Looked something like 41 new items to buy, the free store stuff was pretty crappy (3 new frames, 2 tags for on shirts (I think)). I didn't notice any actual new features of any sort.

mattiewheels

Zero_Phoenix said:
Looked something like 41 new items to buy
in the yen store? damn.

Cruzader

Banned
g35twinturbo said:

have this same issue. I cant do anything but look at this screen with some japanese written stuff and only think I can read is "PS" and clock spinning on bottom right. Any ideas? I'm using a japanese account and still nothing.

Kuran

Banned
So I have this Siren: New Translation item in my Mainichi Issyo house. Its a fan.. the ones that blow wind at your leisure.

Whilst i was vaccuuming I heard a strange noise, and as i looked at the tv I saw that the fan was haunted, floating in mid-air.. the cat was frozen from fright!

Very cool I say!

Zoe

Kuran said:
So I have this Siren: New Translation item in my Mainichi Issyo house. Its a fan.. the ones that blow wind at your leisure.

Whilst i was vaccuuming I heard a strange noise, and as i looked at the tv I saw that the fan was haunted, floating in mid-air.. the cat was frozen from fright!

Very cool I say!

Awesome, somebody needs to YT that, stat! :lol

Kuran

Banned
Zoe said:
Awesome, somebody needs to YT that, stat! :lol

Thats hard since it seems to occur randomly, at least I only saw it happen once.. :)

Too busy downloading Siren episodes to see..

Top Bottom