• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Tired of Taking Sh*t, Nickelback Fires Off Vengeful Tweets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopold

ho is the most hated band in the world? It sounds like quite a general topic, one that could set off a sprawling debate lasting for weeks. But judging by the petition signed by 55,000 haters to stop Nickelback from playing a Detroit Lions halftime show last year, the Canadian quartet is probably one of them.

Nickelback might not have done themselves any favors when, according to The Hollywood Reporter, they decided to strike back against a series of vicious anti-Nickelback tweets.A couple of these anti-Nickelback tweets were symptomatic of just what kind of utter venom the band engenders:
“Was driving down the street, and a @Nickelback song came on. I had an aneurism and violently shit myself at the same time. And my dog died.”
Nickelback fired back:
“I bet it was the best day you’ve had in awhile. #yourwelcome.”

Yet another one read, “Nickelback came on the radio… Worse than rebecca black #earsbleeding.”

The Nickel’s response: “then it’s working?!?!? Sweet!”

Is there a point to them fighting back? It’s understandable to get fed up with being attacked incessantly– but with what seems like fans in the millions versus enemies by the bunch, why not just ignore them?

It’s perhaps not too difficult to understand why there’s hate for Nickelback — as well there should be — but as bad as the AOR-flavored industry crap these guys churn out is, does it really sound that different from the top 40 rock that’s been popular for the past 15 + years? What about Fall Out Boy? What about 30 Seconds to Mars? What about Staind? Does anyone remember these guys?

Yet the fact that Henry Rollins rails against them (however briefly) on his spoken word tours, and that the sheer ‘phenomenon’ of disliking Nickelback earns them entire columns of debate in the Village Voice may point to something: Yeah, it sucks to be hated so much — but is fighting back going to help your cause, or just add fuel to the fire? Why not take a look at your hordes of fans, which sort of make that paltry 55,000 or so pale (and sort of bitter) in comparison?

Original @ http://www.jacehallshow.com/music/tired-of-taking-sht-nickelback-fires-off-vengeful-tweets/

joker_eatin_popcorn_by_capnectoplasm-d39sa07_1.gif

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They could shit out music and he could talk sing that article with no passion and have it sound like every song they've been doing. lol.

TheMan

nickelback makes generic rock and a lot of it is crap, but there are far worse bands out there. leader of men is a good song.

haters gonna hate, etc

C.Dark.DN

Banned
nickelback makes generic rock and a lot of it is crap, but there are far worse bands out there. leader of men is a good song.

haters gonna hate, etc

Yeah I agree their last good song was recorded in 1998. lol.

Then they proceeded to shit out 5 albums.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I never got the hate for nickelback.

I mean, sure they suck, but they don't suck as much as some other bands suck.

akira28

The theme song of sleazy pickups and one nighters since 2003.

I like lots of music from Canada, and somehow Nickleback is never mentioned in relation to Canadian arts and they're very proud of their artists. I think even Canada is embarrassed to be associated with them.

worse than the barenaked ladies?
easily.
BNL is actually good sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom