• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Tired of Taking Sh*t, Nickelback Fires Off Vengeful Tweets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Shania isn't gonna take any of this Canada abuse.

N5cFr.gif

I still strongly doubt Frankie Muniz has or ever had $40 million dollars.
Well he made around 120,000 per ep during the last few seasons of Malcolm in The Middle not counting other deals and contracts.. Apparently he does have an estimated net worth of 40 mil but I'm not sure how reliable that site is.

FStop7

Banned
Wait now it's hip to hate on Arcade Fire?

What about Crystal Castles? They're from Canada. Is it still OK to jerk off to them in the middle of non-franchise coffee shops?

I have an ongoing theory that everyone is a closet nickleback fan (especially those who hate). I have never ever ever seen anybody say anything positive about them, yet all their vids on youtube have a zillion views, their albums sell a shitton, and so on.

You're all liars. Get over it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
is there such thing as good canadian bands?

When I used to listen to rock/metal/etc...:
Protest The Hero
Alexisonfire
Cancer Bats
Billy Talent
Finger Eleven
Sum 41
etc
--
The only stuff I listen to once in a while now that's Canadian:
Metric
Death From Above 1979
Arcade Fire
Bedouin Soundclash
Dragonette
Rush
etc

ZeroRay

What about Crystal Castles? They're from Canada. Is it still OK to jerk off to them in the middle of non-franchise coffee shops?

I've hated Arcade Fire before I even knew who they were based on their name alone.

I like them.

Cipherr

Class warfare all up ins! Also, he should pay somebody to teach him what an apostrophe is.

Its twitter. I'm not a fan, and even I try not to hold improper punctuation against people when they are trying to funnel a thought through some shitty social network with an extremely limiting character count.

Considering some of the horrible hodgepodge atrocities comprised of self made acronyms and abbreviations that I have seen on twitter, I can give him a pass on that.

Didnt they win an award or something in the last year or so. Had a lot of people looking them up to find out who they were since they hadnt heard of them? Sounds like it right about time for them to suddenly "suck compared to early in their careers".. You know, back before the mainstream folks knew them by name.

Derrick01

Banned
As much shit as these guys get for making the same stuff all of the time I honestly think Foo Fighters are worse. Every song that comes on the radio from them I can't tell if it's new or old. Their songs all sound much more similar to me than Nickelback shit does.

scy

I don't much like Nickelback but, honestly, I never did understand the universal contempt and complete hatred for them. I mean, did they do something to prod the world at large to get this kind of target on them?
Besides bad music and whatever else.

I still strongly doubt Frankie Muniz has or ever had $40 million dollars.

I doubted it too. Then I googled it and said fml.

All the TV and movies (Agent Cody Banks was a hit -__-) + syndication not sure if it makes him worth 40 mil, but he's probably set for life. Also he has a hot girlfriend/wife.

dlc5qi4y9llild5l.jpg

As much shit as these guys get for making the same stuff all of the time I honestly think Foo Fighters are worse. Every song that comes on the radio from them I can't tell if it's new or old. Their songs all sound much more similar to me than Nickelback shit does.
noooooooooo

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you can't think of anything except lame as shit comebacks, don't bother writing anything.

As far as their music is concerned, it's fine. I accept it for what it is. I don't think there's any band out there that I truly "hate". Seems quite pointless to hate on a band.

an actual human being posted this, and I refuse to believe it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Foo Fighters did Floaty so they get a pass.

smr00

Banned
Never understood all the hate nickleback gets, are people just bitter because nickleback is successful and rich and you aren't?

Personally i don't care for Nickleback but why the hatred? same goes for bieber.. just seems pathetic.

Derrick01

Banned
an actual human being posted this, and I refuse to believe it.

It's true, I can't tell the difference. A lot of their songs get played here in the Tampa area and after a while I forget what some of them sound like or a new one gets put out and I struggle trying to figure them out, they all blend together in my head. Very generic stuff.

Don't take that as me defending Nickelback though, they're garbage for the white trash around this area.

Never understood all the hate nickleback gets, are people just bitter because nickleback is successful and rich and you aren't?

Personally i don't care for Nickleback but why the hatred? same goes for bieber.. just seems pathetic.
it's the cool thing to do. And it makes people who are fans feel uncomfortable with speaking up whether online or irl in fear of being bullied/harassed/ridiculed/etc...so basically all you hear is non stop cycle of hate.

It's lamesauce. I don't care because I don't listen to much rock at all, but it's fascinating behaviour.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
from wiki:
Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian groups, having sold more than 50 million albums worldwide,[3] ranking as the 11th best selling music act of the 2000s, and is the 2nd best selling foreign act in the U.S. behind The Beatles for the 2000's.

So ya they definitely should take the "Not a single fuck was given this day" towards all the Haters.
Shrug I like em as generic Hard Rock they got some great songs. Are they deep? no..they're well PopRock..but they're no worse then most of the other stuff thats popular these days.

J-Roderton

I actually know a few people that get pissed when I say Nickelback sucks.

But, how could I hate when they have hits such as Something in your mouth

Dirty little lady with the pretty pink thong
Every sugar daddy hitting on her all night long
Doesn't care about the money, she could be with anybody
Ain't it funny how the honey wanted you all along!

(You naughty thing)
You're ripping up the dance floor honey
(You naughty woman)
You shake your ass around for everyone
(You're such a mover)
I love the way you dance with anybody
(The way you swing)
And tease them all by sucking on your thumb

You're so much cooler when you never pull it out
'Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.