• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

Welfare

Had my fun with the game. Much better than the beta and I felt like a badass again doing crazy shit chaining together parkour and kills. However, I still don't think I will buy it. I can honestly wait for it to go on EA Access for the campaign.

It isn't nearly as good as Titanfall 1 in most aspects. Titans are boring, the bunny hop got changed, they added camper friendly things like the a wall and anti pilot turrets.

It was all changed to make the game more casual friendly.
Bunny hop is harder,titans are anything but boring and turrets are camper friendly how? Game is better in most ways ,besides map and the bots aren't as good as they were in TF1. Different doesn't mean bad.

This probably sold me on the game. Complaints about the beta, no Origin access trial and BF1 kept me from jumping in early, but for 40€ I think I will now. BF1 has been incredible but I guess having TF2 has a second shooter to not get BF1 burnout is not so bad.

Outside of maps I don't see how this is worse than the original TF, I was pleasantly surprised. Btw, not a fan of those... I guess pistol executions (?), the way the animation starts is pretty weird and feels kinda out of place or something.

Lol, i don't know how people can come to these conclusions after 20 or so matches. I'm almost gen 5 and am still learning new things. Each day, i have a new fav titan, gun, tactical and /or ordinance.

Basically how I feel, and I played the ever-loving shit out of TF1. Every single game, I learn something new, and I'm almost gen 4 lol

I'm trying to take the CAR to Gen 10 (currently Gen 7), but I'm taking breaks in-between to try new builds.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still not happy with the pilot weapon balance. Ballistic ARs and LMGs feel so powerful at long range that it devalues close-range and non-bullet weapons that can't compete at those ranges. I still don't know why you would ever want to use the L-Star.

So guys...is this game gonna make it? Like are the servers going to be dead in 6 months? I really hope not, but it seems like the free trial and price cut didn't get as much new eyes on this thing as one would hope.

So guys...is this game gonna make it? Like are the servers going to be dead in 6 months? I really hope not, but it seems like the free trial and price cut didn't get as much new eyes on this thing as one would hope.

Its a really good game, but EA or whomever decided to launch in between Battlefield and Call of duty doomed it. It might gain some people over time but I think the game is pretty much where it will be. I played the PC version earlier today and I couldnt play most modes outside of Attrition or Bounty Hunt.

Izuna

Banned

I don't think it's going to die, tbh. Before the free weekend it was constantly 20 on Xbox and rising. I think when they add more stuff like Horde it will peak again.

HariKari

On PC it's already pretty sparsely populated, and that's on a free weekend, so...

web01

Still not happy with the pilot weapon balance. Ballistic ARs and LMGs feel so powerful at long range that it devalues close-range and non-bullet weapons that can't compete at those ranges. I still don't know why you would ever want to use the L-Star.

L-star is a beast if used correctly.
My second most used weapon. Unlimited ammo if you do no overheat it.
For run and gun get in close to mid range it dominates. Kills the humans grunts super quickly which means fast titan in both attrition and bounty hunt.

Animator

On PC it's already pretty sparsely populated, and that's on a free weekend, so...

Oh cool here we go with the concern posts again. 15k concurrent players is "sparsely populated"? Are you trolling or clueless? Do you expect Dota numbers from titanfall or something?

g23

European pre-madonna
I honestly think it will have a long lasting healthy population like Rainbow Six Siege.

ironcreed

Banned
I was not sure about it until I kept playing, learning more and saw more maps. Now it is reminding me of the first time I played Halo it's so good. Could not pass it up at $36. Bought Battlefield 1 as well at $40, but I'll be playing this more. It sure as hell does not deserve to slide under the radar when it stands out from all of the shooters the way it does.

HariKari

Oh cool here we go with the concern posts again. 15k concurrent players is "sparsely populated"? Are you trolling or clueless? Do you expect Dota numbers from titanfall or something?

Peak BF4 today was 19k. TF2 only mustering 15k on a free weekend this close to release is bad. Siege has twice that, by comparison, and not on a free weekend. I think the game deserves a better fate but I couldn't honestly recommend buying it at the rate the community is going, at least on PC.

Peak BF4 today was 19k. TF2 only mustering 15k on a free weekend this close to release is bad. Siege has twice that, by comparison, and not on a free weekend. I think the game deserves a better fate but I couldn't honestly recommend buying it at the rate the community is going, at least on PC.

The community is growing week over week. Your concern is not needed.

Izuna

Banned
Free Weekend was fun. Was super easy. Lost a couple of the games that I joined in progress though (they need to fix that...)

~~

Anyway, here's a Free Weekend conclusion video.

Bounty Hunt Carry - Tone Is Op (and so is Nuclear) [5:27]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxFrckTi7OE

Hope you guys find this video a little fun.

Did they even properly advertise this

PS4 only had a 10K increase

I don't think most people knew of it. I wish I could get notifications for free weekends and stuff. We already get them from Sony about certain things

Except Siege had pretty much the same numbers a month after release as this game. Numbers didn't start picking up until Black Ice came out. BF4 launch player base was shit too because it was unplayable for a lot of people.

Your metrics don't stand up and people definitely should buy this game.

Well, still don't like it and still don't regret refunding it. It all depends on where you live really, I guess too. If you live in Asia stay the fuck away from this DOA game.

I'm from Asia and I'm playing it just fine.

If by just fine I mean only playing Attrition then yes I'm playing it just fine.

Well, still don't like it and still don't regret refunding it. It all depends on where you live really, I guess too. If you live in Asia stay the fuck away from this DOA game.

Asia here, 400+ hours in Tf1 (on PC even!), around 50 in Tf2 and going strong, no problem playing Attrition and Mix Tape on Asia and if I want to play something else, 180-200ms ping on US west servers is just fine.

Catdaddy

I don't think most people knew of it. I wish I could get notifications for free weekends and stuff. We already get them from Sony about certain things

The only way I knew was the sidebar on the XB1 dashboard – downloaded it Sat night and played Sunday. Went ahead and pulled the trigger with the 40%, had fun…just hope the XB population will remain solid.

Mit-

Partying up in this game was obnoxious, kind of ruined it for me and some friends. Also didn't run too well on a GTX 780M (Battlefield 4 is pretty great, this was not).

Also yeah, got WRECKED by veterans lol. And was there a button to view an entire map layout? Bothers the hell out of me when that doesn't exist. I can't learn map layouts unless I have a non-rotating mini-map (so I can discern cardinal directions easily), and the option to view the full map. I don't like mindlessly running toward red areas, taking the most obvious routes.

Partying up in this game was obnoxious, kind of ruined it for me and some friends. Also didn't run too well on a GTX 780M (Battlefield 4 is pretty great, this was not).

Also yeah, got WRECKED by veterans lol. And was there a button to view an entire map layout? Bothers the hell out of me when that doesn't exist. I can't learn map layouts unless I have a non-rotating mini-map (so I can discern cardinal directions easily), and the option to view the full map. I don't like mindlessly running toward red areas, taking the most obvious routes.

Is your Origin up to date? I had a problem sending invites when it was not (as well as other problems). Otherwise, I think it's pretty straightforward.

Also, I apologize if one of those vets was me :p

Pat

I was on the fence since launch and was able to play many matches in the free weekend. The game is good, pure casual/pug fun. The problem is I don't see any longevity. There are few maps, no ranked servers or competitive play of any sort (I was playing with two friends and no one said anything during the games because there is no need to (not like Overwatch, R6 Siege, Halo 5, etc.), few unlocks (besides the ten thousands colors...).

I will probably buy it on sale for the campaign and some casual MP from time to time.

Chris1

I think the problem is having to download a 40GB game for 3 days. For a lot of people the game will take 2 days to download. They should really allow people to preload it.

I was on the fence since launch and was able to play many matches in the free weekend. The game is good, pure casual/pug fun. The problem is I don't see any longevity. There are few maps, no ranked servers or competitive play of any sort (I was playing with two friends and no one said anything during the games because there is no need to (not like Overwatch, R6 Siege, Halo 5, etc.), few unlocks (besides the ten thousands colors...).

I will probably buy it on sale for the campaign and some casual MP from time to time.
All of that will be addressed in the free DLC. Titanfall 1 had ranked playlist added later on.

ironcreed

Banned
I also know a couple guys who didn't give it a go because the download was to big for a 2day mp trial.

That's too bad. This is probably the most overlooked game I can recall. It took a few hours to win me over, but once it clicked, I realized that I was playing something truly special. It reminds me of when I first played Halo, put it that way.

Keep in mind, TF2's content is still being built on. The first update contained a new map and new weapon, and we can pretty much expect the same kind of thing for the subsequent updates.

Also, yeah, I had forgotten, but TF1 got ranked play later in its life.

Chris1

Also, yeah, I had forgotten, but TF1 got ranked play later in its life.

Aswell as a horde mode. The post launch support for TF1 was sublime when you actually think about it, outside of the paid maps which eventually went free, Respawn supported the hell out of the game.

I expect nothing less here, infact it should be even better as there's no paid maps now.

Yeah but the game bombed hard. There might be a possible cancellation of futures updates.

you're talking about the company that pushed out huge horde mode as free DLC 6 months into its life on a game with 10k playerbase total. The game will be fine and will continue to get updates. And this was with Titanfall 1 having no microtransactions whatsoever.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Game was awesome...too bad I really hate fps makes me dizzy....if it had a tps mode I'd buy it at a high price!

The pc version for me had right click as toggle aim by default, you can turn that off and it was really weird and annoying at first. I also felt the default aim speed was slow so I upped it from 5 to 9 or so.

I know that i'm sour on this game but I love the first titanfall and it's a shame to see so many changes that water down the titans from being halo robots to slow tanks with limited layouts.

ironcreed

Banned
I know I did my part. I was going to wait, but realized that it would be foolish to pass it up at $36 and then have to wait for another deal down the line. It can be jarring at first, but once you settle in there is nothing else like it. The game deserves to be a classic.

Iorv3th

Because most people I have seen set the turrets up and camp behind or near them.

What?

The maps are huge why are you continually going for one guy that's camping with a turret?

If there is a turret camper you can go around and approach from behind etc? Also Turret has a somewhat limited range.

I don't think I have ever had a problem with people camping with turrets (at least not a problem for me) and I have played a lot. Game gives you a lot of options for dealing with them.

Top Bottom