• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

Djostikk

I hope it won't be like this:

1_FIvy_TV0ge_Y.jpg

Memory

Whatever it was that clicked for me in TF1 isn't here in TF2 whch is a shame. Maybe i'll take another look when they release frontier defence.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wish I had waited for this. Kinda regret buying the game. It was cheap and it's not horrible, but I don't think it's something I'll be playing much. Don't really dig the flow of combat, weapon feel, or sense of progression.

cyen

Is the pro mode working? Why the textures look like a 2010 game? They take ages to stream and in the end they are pretty low res all around :\

Cryxo93

Banned
In my case, it tried to set the resolution to 50% of my native res (which would be like 1500x1000) and that's not allowed. Give it a whirl.

Just tried what you suggested (sleep beckoned), and for some reason the resolution was set at 1340x860. Made no sense. Runs fantastically at 1920x1080. Such a simple fix.

Thank you!

thenexus6

So never played TF1, played the TF2 beta and thought it was fine.

TF2 comes and it gets great praise, awesome campaign, drops half price over black friday.

I am playing the free weekend now and i've had some good games and some bad. I think I am still over these kind of shooters now. Too fast and too much going on.

I guess I am part of the problem of this not selling very well, but I just prefer to play my other shooters like Siege or Overwatch still.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
LOL, but I do worry about player count over the long haul. I am still wrestling with whether to pick up this, Gears 4 or Battlefield 1 before the sale on all three ends. Great deals period.

That's a fake tweet, right? Respawn never tweeted something like that.

Also, I think the BF1+TF2 sale is still up? It's $75 for the two games, which is super worth it. Both games are worth the full $60. :)

I mostly play TF2 now but I also have BF1. I'll go back to it eventually (level 16 only in BF1), but not while TF2 has its hooks in deep. :)

Regarding player population, on PC, it has more players than Infinite Warfare. On PS4, there's on average, 15-19K on weekdays, with weekends reaching close to 29K. Good thing is, the population has settled in the sense that it hasn't dropped down significantly. I'd even go as far as to say it's growing. It definitely grew a lot after Black Friday, and I gather, it might grow again after this weekend trial and Christmas. :)

hear4beer

This game is way more fun on M+KB than PS4 but I don't think i'll be able to bring myself to double dip. Already own the deluxe edition and the player #s on PC for anything but angel city or attrition are literally non existent. :/

ironcreed

Banned
It is definitely a tricky one to get down. I think my biggest problem is that I am so used to COD and naturally start playing that way and it leads to getting absolutely destroyed. And adding titans into the mix just fucks me up even more. It can be fun, but it's... very different. I just don't know.

Izuna

Banned
What do I do when my secondary weapon is empty? Anti Titan weapon that is

Get in a Titan. It refills. (would you believe me if I told you it didn't before a patch?)

BTW you really should be calling your Titan down pretty much whenever you have it.

I ended up just buying it since I wanted a quick fps to play when I don't have time for BF1. I'm level 4 so far and have just been playing Angel City. My only issue so far is that even with a 50 ping bots and other players randomly star teleporting ;(

Enco

LOL, but I do worry about player count over the long haul. I am still wrestling with whether to pick up this, Gears 4 or Battlefield 1 before the sale on all three ends. Great deals period.
No DLC pushed me to get TF2 and it's pretty damn fun.

Playerbase is worrying but I'm hoping that it goes the route of Rainbow 6.

This game is way more fun on M+KB than PS4 but I don't think i'll be able to bring myself to double dip. Already own the deluxe edition and the player #s on PC for anything but angel city or attrition are literally non existent. :/

Problem is the skill level on pc is insane. They play almost like different games.

Tf2 console might actually be more fun just because its not as easy to kill someone. The ttk on pilots is extremely low and it plays alright on controller but feels absurdly quick with mouse players.

Played a few matches of this earlier on ps4 and it's a little overwhelming. Feels like so many systems and stuff going on. Really needed a quick tutorial or something.

Staf

Haven't played a multiplayer FPS in like forever. I figured i download this and give it a try since it's free and all. And man, i'm feeling so old. I have no idea what i'm doing and there's so much on the UI i have no clue what it means. Do you get like a tutorial when you get the full game since this seems pretty overwhelming?

Think i'll go back to my SP games now :).

ironcreed

Banned
Played a few matches of this earlier on ps4 and it's a little overwhelming. Feels like so many systems and stuff going on. Really needed a quick tutorial or something.

Yeah, being dropped right in with so much to learn is a bit jarring. I am thinking that perhaps the campaign will be a good primer and if I start getting into the 'flow' that it may click. Because I already see a lot here to like despite getting decimated. Still on the fence, though.

Disxo

That was fun...
Still, my ping is very bad, I cannot buy a game knowing that I will be always at a disadvantage. :/

Haven't played a multiplayer FPS in like forever. I figured i download this and give it a try since it's free and all. And man, i'm feeling so old. I have no idea what i'm doing and there's so much on the UI i have no clue what it means. Do you get like a tutorial when you get the full game since this seems pretty overwhelming?

Think i'll go back to my SP games now :).

It makes a lot more sense once you put some time into it. The training portion of the campaign helps to learn basic Pilot movement, and the campaign as a whole will let you experiment with the different Titan types.

That being absent from the trial, though, I'd try running around with Cloak, get a feel for the movement. Maybe don't fire, though. That R1 nerf was needed but makes Cloak a little less newcomer friendly.

ironcreed

Banned
I might give sniping a go in a bit and see how that works out. I really want this game to win me over because there is a hook here that has me wanting to fire it back up later even though I got my ass kicked last night.

black070

Great to see so many people checking it out - I know it can feel slightly overwhelming and chaotic at first, but believe me it will click after a few games, and when it finally does, it is glorious.

hear4beer

Problem is the skill level on pc is insane. They play almost like different games.

Tf2 console might actually be more fun just because its not as easy to kill someone. The ttk on pilots is extremely low and it plays alright on controller but feels absurdly quick with mouse players.

I agree and it definitely feels like tougher competition on PC, but being able to aim and bunny hop efficiently and easily turns it into a whole new game.

Izuna

Banned
qMFQbhO.gif

I might give sniping a go in a bit and see how that works out. I really want this game to win me over because there is a hook here that has me wanting to fire it back up later even though I got my ass kicked last night.

Sniping is a terrible idea sadly ;(

the TDM modes are all about getting your Titan ASAP (by chaining kills) and then keep your team with more Titans than the other for an easy win.

ironcreed

Banned
qMFQbhO.gif

Sniping is a terrible idea sadly ;(

the TDM modes are all about getting your Titan ASAP (by chaining kills) and then keep your team with more Titans than the other for an easy win.

Really? I saw some guys plinking the hell out of folks last night, including me, lol. Seems like it will at least be fun to play around with sometimes.

Nice gif, by the way. This is almost like a first person Vanquish on steroids of sorts. It actually seems like something a Japanese team would make, which is meant as a compliment.

Izuna

Banned
Really? I saw some guys plinking the hell out of folks last night, including me, lol. Seems like it will at least be fun to play around with sometimes.

Nice gif, by the way. This is almost like a first person Vanquish on steroids of sorts. It actually seems like something a Japanese team would make, which is meant as a compliment.

Like in R1, the best Sniper play was gdlk hipfiring or quick-scoping with the Longbow. It's okay to use something like the G2 or Hemlock while camping to get some kills/build time, but dealing damage to Titans (hopefully with your own) is generally the best way to score in both Attrition and Bounty Hunt.

Top Bottom