• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

Izuna

Banned
Yeah so. I really don't like Amped Hardpoint. That kinda sucks because all I want to play is Angel City :s

Had a bunch of fun with GAF tho, but for real... who actually "likes" the Amped part of that mode?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Getting 15MB/sec on PSN through the Pro
Just started DL'ing
Do have a 150Mb connection

Started @70minutes, slashed down to 45minutes already
Can boot it up in 15 minutes

Yeah so. I really don't like Amped Hardpoint. That kinda sucks because all I want to play is Angel City :s

Had a bunch of fun with GAF tho, but for real... who actually "likes" the Amped part of that mode?
I don't know but whoever they are they're wrong. Can't stand the mode.

Such a stupid concept that rewards camping back. No idea why they put it in a game like this

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just got this from a press release from EA. Titanfall 2 stats infograph (
Tone is the most used Titan to no one's surprise
) Newcomers, this is how viable the starting guns are and such. And yes, Attrition is the most played mode. :)

titanfall2infograph.jpg

I've come around to it. It makes it much more possible to stage a massive comeback than with traditional hardpoint. Zone control is much more important now.

Electric smoke with most kills?! I call shenanigans unless it includes the titan electric smoke.

Dammit PSN, 150 Mbps(18.75 MBs) dl speed and you're only downloading at 5 MBs? Cmon man.

Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take rest mode as an excuse to slow down to less than 1 MBs. I thought rest mode was supposed to help?

ironcreed

Banned
So in addition to free maps, we are getting free weapons and modes as well? That is a hell of a note to add to all of the glowing praise this game is getting. Pretty shocking that it is not taking off, but I guess the release date made most people go with the usual suspects. Including me, with Infinite Warfare. At any rate, download is at 96%, so I will finally get to give it a whirl here momentarily.

If you're even the slightest bit on the fence (and don't have a strict data cap), by all means, give this a go.

I was pretty vocally negative in the threads following the Tech Test and leading up to release, and this game has been pretty much all I've played since it came out. Couldn't be happier to have been proven wrong. It's really, really good.

jorgejjvr

Best mode that will convince me on this game?

Best general advice for someone that wants to be into it?

The tech demo did not convince me and I want to believe

WhyMe6

I played one match of Attrition and I had no idea what was going on. Especially when I got my Titan, I just mashed buttons. I also couldn't get the hang of wall running. I think I need to check a guide first, hahahaha.

Can't find it on Australian store?

If you go into the Titanfall 2 page after searching, there's an option next to purchase to download a demo.

RoKKeR

Attrition really is the fucking best. So is Angel City.

Any tips for someone who didn't like the beta all that match? I'm just rolling with all of the defaults at the moment.

Game took 4 hrs to download. Thank goodness it was done when i got home. Now i gotta wait till my daughter goes to sleep so i can play some TF2

Sojgat

Play Attrition.

Use default assault rifle or SMG to start. Charge Rifle or MGL as Secondary. Would suggest using the grapple for starting tactical.

Flank turrets to kill with melee because your pilot weapons will do very little to damage them. Share batteries with your teammates, and watch the little grey markers at the top to see when you should call your titan in (when your team has theirs as well).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Attrition

Play until you find your loadout that works for you. It might take a while but it will click. :) Same with Titans.

Do Call of Duty tactics until you get the hang of wallrunning and then just go bananas on them once you're bunnyhopping and chaining wallruns together.

Don't rely on just one loadout, since some maps are better for certain Tacticals, Titans, etc.

You know me, jorge, I play a ton of MP (BF, CoD, etc.) and you might have seen me play nothing else on PSN other than TF2! Haha! :D It's really that good once it clicks. I was super frustrated at first until I found the right loadout for me and I eased in to it. Same with Titans. I used Tone and Ion just to get my feet wet, and tried the others once I was comfortable using 'em.

Attrition really is the fucking best. So is Angel City.

Any tips for someone who didn't like the beta all that match? I'm just rolling with all of the defaults at the moment.

Yep, I agree. Attrition is the only mode I play. I hate that deposit thing in Bounty Hunt since it means I have to stop engaging and go find that zone where I can dump the money.

Default stuff are some of the best. I mostly use the CAR and Volt SMG, and the Hemlock for long range encounters (burst fire and really strong damage).

I mostly use Stim and Phase Shift as my Tacticals since I can rush enemies and chase after them with Stim, and escape from Titans and Pilots with Phase Shift. It's super funny when you're against someone and you Phase Shift and they panic trying to run away or find you. :D

Titans, use Scorch for Complex and Crash Site for easy kills. Tone, Legion, and Ion for medium and big maps (Kodai and Homestead) and once you get the hang of it, it'll "click" and you'll be chaining wallruns, taking down Titans, etc.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, I am am absolutely terrible at this game. It looks nice, the customization options look neat and it plays like liquid, but damn. Pure chaos and so much going on I got kind of overwhelmed. A hell of a lot harder than COD, that is for sure.

Bishop89

I played one match of Attrition and I had no idea what was going on. Especially when I got my Titan, I just mashed buttons. I also couldn't get the hang of wall running. I think I need to check a guide first, hahahaha.

If you go into the Titanfall 2 page after searching, there's an option next to purchase to download a demo.
Thanks found it. I don't need it as I already own the game but wanted to find it for my friend

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Man, I am am absolutely terrible at this game. It looks nice, the customization options look neat and it plays like liquid, but damn. Pure chaos and so much going on I got kind of overwhelmed. A hell of a lot harder than COD, that is for sure.

Yep, I kinda surmised that's going to happen since a lot of players are veterans and whatnot. I say, stick with it and learn to take it one step at a time. Pick your gun, Tactical and go from there.

I was overwhelmed at first as well, but after a few levels, I got the hang of it. The gunplay is tight, and everything is relatively balanced and polished.

RoKKeR

Yep, I agree. Attrition is the only mode I play. I hate that deposit thing in Bounty Hunt since it means I have to stop engaging and go find that zone where I can dump the money.

Default stuff are some of the best. I mostly use the CAR and Volt SMG, and the Hemlock for long range encounters (burst fire and really strong damage).

I mostly use Stim and Phase Shift as my Tacticals since I can rush enemies and chase after them with Stim, and escape from Titans and Pilots with Phase Shift. It's super funny when you're against someone and you Phase Shift and they panic trying to run away or find you. :D

Titans, use Scorch for Complex and Crash Site for easy kills. Tone, Legion, and Ion for medium and big maps (Kodai and Homestead) and once you get the hang of it, it'll "click" and you'll be chaining wallruns, taking down Titans, etc.
Roger that, thanks for the heads up on these.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/742d42c1-250d-4716-b270-3b3c127d857c?gamerTag=RoKKeR&scid=387a0100-dd3f-4dd2-9471-88134448127b - These moments are what make Titanfall special.

ironcreed

Banned
Yep, I kinda surmised that's going to happen since a lot of players are veterans and whatnot. I say, stick with it and learn to take it one step at a time. Pick your gun, Tactical and go from there.

I was overwhelmed at first as well, but after a few levels, I got the hang of it. The gunplay is tight, and everything is relatively balanced and polished.

Yeah, I am getting a bit more of a handle on it after a few matches. The game feels really good, especially with the grappling hook and wall hang abilities. This is a different sort of beast for sure and definitely better than the first one. Not entirely sold yet, but I am going to keep playing and see how I feel.

can't believe this is happening, people need to get into this game.

took me awhile to shake off my TF1 fingers, but after i gave it a chance [a GOOD chance] i've grown to love it.

[still miss my stryder / arc cannon though :/ ]

It's really that good once it clicks. I was super frustrated at first until I found the right loadout for me and I eased in to it. Same with Titans. I used Tone and Ion just to get my feet wet, and tried the others once I was comfortable using 'em.

I'll second this. I went into this game with very little confidence for liking it. When I have played shooters I've always preferred slower pace modern shooters that doesn't have vehicles. I bought TF2 because I wanted a nice looking game for my PS4 Pro and it was discounted during BF. After spending maybe 30 minutes with it online I was feeling a lot of regret. I also wasn't enjoying dealing with or using the Titans.

A few days later I decide to only play Player vs Player. That mode has no Titans and is slower pace in general. People can play more COD-like to get a better feel for the game. I started getting a lot more comfortable with the game and got a lot more familiar with all the options which I started exploring on my own via Youtube and Google since I didn't have access to them.

After unlocking more stuff I ventured back into the other modes and even the Titans made sense to me now. Instead of feeling like a Tank or airplane it feels like a extension of your pilot. These Titans still have two arms and legs and have weapons and extra abilities like the pilots. I enjoy riding them now to help out my team or to try and take out the enemy Titans with my own or even as a Pilot.

Basically I bought it because it was a pretty game. But it made me a believer. Give it a chance people. I think it can do this for you to.

ironcreed

Banned
The pilot designs, titans and the customization options for them are really nice. The menus are kind of bland, but it's the content that matters. Still not sure if I am going to buy it, but it's definitely pretty fun.

3 things I really don't like about this game after playing a few hours:

The UI. It's just giant menus and fonts in your face the entire time. I have no idea what I'm looking at half the time. I'm sure it's something you eventually learn but the first game was extremely clear and concise about everything and this feels like a massive step backwards.

Forced film grain makes it look uglier than the first Titanfall.

Maps definitely feel smaller. I've only played on 5 so far, but on those I couldn't even run a few seconds in any direction without already encountering a group of opposing players.

jorgejjvr

It's basically TDM with enemy AI. Get kills and assists to fill up your Titan meter quicker (AI kills count towards this but give you less score than killing another player).
Until how many points to win?

Is there anything similar to domination?

There is a in-game FAQ for all the info.

3 things I really don't like about this game after playing a few hours:

The UI. It's just giant menus and fonts in your face the entire time. I have no idea what I'm looking at half the time. I'm sure it's something you eventually learn but the first game was extremely clear and concise about everything and this feels like a massive step backwards.

Forced film grain makes it look uglier than the first Titanfall.

Maps definitely feel smaller. I've only played on 5 so far, but on those I couldn't even run a few seconds in any direction without already encountering a group of opposing players.

You can customize the HUD to disable all the crap.

sephi22

The COD domination where you have to control points - A, B, C?
There's one called hardpoint where your teammates have to control points A,B,C. You can amp them (capture again after capturing once) to score 2x points from a controlled hardpoint, but it still takes the same amount of time for the enemy to capture as a base point

It's Amped Hardpoint as the other two guys above me pointed out. But something that should be pointed out is that TF2 rewards you for playing the objective and not using the mode to farm kills to improve your KDR. I come from the COD games and I know just like most do that a lot of players use that mode simply to rack up kills.

Fro example one match I played after just my 2nd or 3rd day with the game online I got 1st place on my team despite only having 1 kill and maybe like 10 deaths. And that's because I played the objective. The other team was much better and we lost by a lot. But I got like 4 or 5 captures and amped everyone of them except one instead of looking for guys to shoot only. The guy who had the most kills on my team had less points despite having 9 kills I think.

jorgejjvr

Wow just did the best on my team on my second match of attrition

I must admit that was fun

Do we still win if some enemies escape?

Thanks for the all responses

Yikes. Now I kinda wish I picked this up for black Friday.

Any good deals still around?

Psn: jorgejjvr

Hip Hop

WTF they do to the machine gun Titan.

It used to be so beautiful in Titanfall 1. It's all bulky now, you gotta hold down sight for a bit before you can shoot and it's also not that accurate :(

Alienous

Respawn really should entertain taking some of these maps out of rotation.

Joining a match feels like rolling the dice. With some maps this is a better than Titanfall 1. With others it's just a sad experience.

There's no reason to stand by Complex. It's awful. Let people who enjoy it play it in private matches.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Nice! Yep, there are a ton of stuff like that. Thing is, even if I personally don't do well, I don't get frustrated as much since you always seem to do cool shit. Either taking out a Titan, killing Pilots or whatever.

I captured me using Phase Shift just now and it's glorious!

https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/804960325535567877

Yeah, I am getting a bit more of a handle on it after a few matches. The game feels really good, especially with the grappling hook and wall hang abilities. This is a different sort of beast for sure and definitely better than the first one. Not entirely sold yet, but I am going to keep playing and see how I feel.

You're bound to have a fave Tactical ability sooner rather than later. Personally, I used the hook mostly before, but after learning how to bunnyhop and linking that to wallruns for momentum, I prefer Phase or Stim. :) Different strokes for different folks,

I think some of the little things that might not be noticed by people is how good it feels. Guns feel solid when it hits, hit registration isn't wonky, no big server issues, progression encourages people to experiment to rank up faster, and the way Prestige works here is something I hope continues. Essentially, you get credits/merits that you can spend any which way you want, and if you buy a weapon, kit, etc., it's unlocked forever even if you regen.

]I'll second this. I went into this game with very little confidence for liking it. When I have played shooters I've always preferred slower pace modern shooters that doesn't have vehicles. I bought TF2 because I wanted a nice looking game for my PS4 Pro and it was discounted during BF. After spending maybe 30 minutes with it online I was feeling a lot of regret. I also wasn't enjoying dealing with or using the Titans.[/B]

A few days later I decide to only play Player vs Player. That mode has no Titans and is slower pace in general. People can play more COD-like to get a better feel for the game. I started getting a lot more comfortable with the game and got a lot more familiar with all the options which I started exploring on my own via Youtube and Google since I didn't have access to them.

After unlocking more stuff I ventured back into the other modes and even the Titans made sense to me now. Instead of feeling like a Tank or airplane it feels like a extension of your pilot. These Titans still have two arms and legs and move weapons and extra abilities like the pilots. I enjoy riding them now to help out my team or to try and take out the enemy Titans with my own or even as a Pilot.

Basically I bought it because it was a pretty game. But it made me a believer. Give it a chance people. I think it can do this for you to.

I'm a big Battlefield fan, though I do play Call of Duty for that twitch arcade feel of MP. I had a hard time adjusting since there's no real scorestreaks that will help you dominate super fast, and no way to just be a pure support class like in BF.

I struggled my first few levels and then it clicked. I watched YouTube vids, and tried experimenting (since I didn't want to let go of the hook at first) and voila! I'm gen6 now and still playing. Respawn really nailed down arcade shooters with a lot more depth than what can be seen due to the Titans.

Hardpoint. But Attrition is bestest, brah! :)

Joining a match feels like rolling the dice. With some maps this is a better than Titanfall 1. With others it's just a sad experience.

There's no reason to stand by Complex. It's awful. Let people who enjoy it play it in private matches.

I dunno. I like Complex. I just use Scorch and/or Ronin and go to town. I use SMGs with Stim and just chase down enemies all match. :D

Christ everybody is Tone.

Use Ronin and fuck their world up! That's what I do. Once I close the distance and they can't lock on, and their shield can'r protect them, most just fire their cannon which is no match for Ronin's shotgun up close.

Wow just did the best on my team on my second match of attrition

I must admit that was fun

Do we still win if some enemies escape?

Thanks for the all responses

Yikes. Now I kinda wish I picked this up for black Friday.

Any good deals still around?

Psn: jorgejjvr

You're a very good FPS player, so it'll be easy for you. Enemies that escaped get one extra merit just for consolation. I think there might be a deal for it now? That one with BF where it's $75 for both games? Standalone, not sure, but there should be.

CrayToes

Yeah I'd be all for taking some of these maps out. They make the game seem far worse than it is.

deoee

So in addition to free maps, we are getting free weapons and modes as well? That is a hell of a note to add to all of the glowing praise this game is getting. Pretty shocking that it is not taking off, but I guess the release date made most people go with the usual suspects. Including me, with Infinite Warfare. At any rate, download is at 96%, so I will finally get to give it a whirl here momentarily.

Everything gamechanging is free

Top Bottom