• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 on PS4 has now had 49,000 players signed in at once, and it's not even the weekend yet. This is how you promote a sequel.

Justin9mm

Not too interested in online since I'm fully invested in MW for all my online free time but is it worth the download for the campaign? I must admit I slept on this one and heard it's one of the best FPS campaigns ever made.. But is that all hype?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The prequel was superior in literal any way.

WKD2FVd.jpg

Pidull

Not too interested in online since I'm fully invested in MW for all my online free time but is it worth the download for the campaign? I must admit I slept on this one and heard it's one of the best FPS campaigns ever made.. But is that all hype?
It's not hype. The campaign hits some amazing highs and some really cool moments. The enemies and combat scenarios may not always be perfect, but for a linear, scripted game it's pretty fucking incredible.

Don't want to spoil anything, just gonna say it is easily the best FPS campaign we've seen in a long time.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's not hype. The campaign hits some amazing highs and some really cool moments. The enemies and combat scenarios may not always be perfect, but for a linear, scripted game it's pretty fucking incredible.

Don't want to spoil anything, just gonna say it is easily the best FPS campaign we've seen in a long time.
I think I'll try to play the single player at least. Heard so many people hype it up. Finally hit the right price point for me to try it.

Alx

That is true. I couldn't get into the second game at all so I just went back to the first one. I can't think of anything which is better in the second game (maybe graphics? I don't remember them being much superior).
Tf2 is much better on physics, I found it hard to go back to the first one and lose sliding and grappling. I also enjoy the gameplay variations with the different titans, it adds more diversity to the games.
I miss all the NPC stuff of Tf1 though (cripted grunt behaviors or ships fighting in the air), and it's larger range of environments.

mcz117chief

Tf2 is much better on physics, I found it hard to go back to the first one and lose sliding and grappling. I also enjoy the gameplay variations with the different titans, it adds more diversity to the games.
I miss all the NPC stuff of Tf1 though (cripted grunt behaviors or ships fighting in the air), and it's larger range of environments.
I like the momentum gain from the 1st game a lot. The grapple is ok but I think the overall speed is lower in the second game. Maybe it was my experience with the first game and inexperience with the second but I feel a lot faster and more in control in the first game. The titans in the first game feel more interesting and varied to me, how you can mix and match any weapon on any of the chassis, so for example I have a Goliath with Triple Threat for CQC and wave clear, Stryder with railgun for sniping, another Stryder with arc cannon for CQC against titans (dash in and out of cover) and an Atlas with chaingun for that vanilla feel.

Kagey K

Banned
I like the momentum gain from the 1st game a lot. The grapple is ok but I think the overall speed is lower in the second game. Maybe it was my experience with the first game and inexperience with the second but I feel a lot faster and more in control in the first game. The titans in the first game feel more interesting and varied to me, how you can mix and match any weapon on any of the chassis, so for example I have a Goliath with Triple Threat for CQC and wave clear, Stryder with railgun for sniping, another Stryder with arc cannon for CQC against titans (dash in and out of cover) and an Atlas with chaingun for that vanilla feel.
2s multiplayer felt inferior in almost every way. I played so much of 1 and just couldn’t do it with 2. One of my biggest disappointments of this gen.

All they had to do was take what made one great and fine tune it a bit.

imsosleepy

I had so much fun with this game!! The single player was awesome and the multiplayer was sooo god dam smooth
loved it

xrnzaaas

I don't get what OP is saying, this would be a good promotion if Titanfall 3 was a few months away from release.

I still have PTSD from that god damned time trial trophy.
I'm stuck on 95% trophy completion, no way in hell am I going to waste a few hours of my life on that trophy. ;)

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I never quite understood why the campaign got so much praise, but I stopped playing about 60% in, does it ramp up towards the end?

The MP is still one of the best FPS MP of the decade, though.

VertigoOA

Banned
When it launched it had like 10k players at most. So compared to that... nice turnaround..

Bot modes are always trash

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Great to see more people playing, hope it goes up more, it really deserves it.
I also hope they play the story, which is really brilliant.

I'll probably hop into multi to check out the new recruits' skills...

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sounds like the Nioh situation. Ps plus put Nioh on its roster around the time of the nioh 2 beta and it seems a large influx of ppl have been playing it just like my son. I even went back to it and finished the dlc. Great marketing for both games.

Justin9mm

Considering FPS' are my No.1 fav genre, I'm not sure why i skipped this originally, something probably put me off but you got me excited now. Will download tonight, thanks man!

Top Bottom