• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 60 fps gameplay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
iJQS00eFXof0U.gif

OP pistol
can someone make a proper gif of this mine sucks
its in the Adam Sessler interview at the 1st post around at 2:10

mobility can't even save you from autoaim.

Oh come on.

Alucrid

Banned
Is it me.... Or does Mario Kart 8 look better than Titanfall?

Titanfall looks more like a 360 game than a next gen game. Both Mario Kart 8 and this game run at 60fps.... Dunno what resolution Titanfall runs on, but Mario Kart 8 runs at 1080p.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/Dibujo-19_zps5ed4cf64.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

keep bringing up how much better wii u titles look in random threads, it's great

GodofWine

SO this is finally a multiplayer only game?? I've always wanted COD to just do this, or BF to do this...AND SELL IT FOR A DISCOUNT.

Does seem odd that the first installment of an IP has no campaign..is there any type of coop story to this? anything to set the story?

(Pure military shooters I dont think need any background, its war. Sci Fi shooters in the future need some sorta 'how did we get here')

Seanspeed

Banned
SO this is finally a multiplayer only game?? I've always wanted COD to just do this, or BF to do this...AND SELL IT FOR A DISCOUNT.

Does seem odd that the first installment of an IP has no campaign..is there any type of coop story to this? anything to set the story?

(Pure military shooters I dont think need any background, its war. Sci Fi shooters in the future need some sorta 'how did we get here')
Its a hybrid, by the sounds of it. Campaign multiplayer, basically.

Haven't been able to read the whole thread, but some quick responses to things I've read:

First - so glad to have this finally out there! Even more excited that people seem to "get it" and are looking forward to playing it. We've been focusing on gameplay since day 1, and I think everyone is going to have a really fun time getting to know the game once its out :)

The 60fps videos are from our site, www.titanfall.com. I don't care where you're getting 'em, but if Gamersyde is slow for you, try it. A huge part of the game is the fluidity, and thats really lost on weak-sauce Youtube 30fps encodes. As long as I'm around, expect 60fps footage from us.

For those expecting "normal" Source engine - don't. Those super smart coders (like Calen in this thread!) have re-written a massive amount of the codebase. The renderer is completely new (multi-threaded, DX11, 64bit, etc.), along with all the sound code, netcode, input code, etc. There's a lot of cores on the Xbox One, and the coders are actively working on utilizing them as much as possible.

Cloud! Cloud. Cloud? Yeah - we're using the MS Cloud for the Xbox One version. All platforms will be 100% played on dedis, but on the Xbox One MS is providing an extra layer on Azure that allows us to spin up dedis at a moments notice based on active users in the variety of regions, among other things.

We aren't talking about the 360 version much yet, but rest assured that we're working with the team thats doing it and care very deeply that its a superb version. This is our debut game and we won't let just any turd out the door!

PC - yup, going to be on PC, and its going to be awesome. We've got a lot of hardcore PC gamers in the office, and we know there's a lot of you looking to get this on PC. Again, no turds. We know what PC guys like/expect, and really don't want to disappoint.
Will wait for the PS4 version.

Great looking game. I'm a bit tired FPSs these days, but it looks like the addition of mechs and wall jumping may be enough bring me back. Wish I didn't have to wait until 2015 for the PS4 version, but maybe we'll luck out and they have some kind of exit clause where if they can't push X units in the first 3 months (that is the critical time frame they keep talking about, right?), then they're out of the 1 year contract.

Wishful thinking right? Anyway the MMO aspect of the crew and the division look like they should be able to tide me over. Plus watch dog since that looks like the most interesting launch title to me.

N2NOther

Banned
i saw vince talking so much about balance, balance, balance.. and then you see this, where is the balance in that? where is the counter? none of them dudes stood a single chance

It's taken out of context, no? You don't know what that gun is, if it's some sort of kill-streak bonus, and if those were AI "popcorn" or if they were actual players. Just saying.

MMaRsu

Banned
This game looks GREAT!! I just hope that there will be a small single player campaign, because it will be hard enough for a new fps IP to do multi only and beat/stay in the race with the 'other' big shooters from last gen. I hope this does great though :).

Game looks dreadfully boring. I thought people said this was bringing mobility back to FPS games? Base movement speed looks slow as molasses, no crosshairs at all during sprint, and IRON SIGHTS YAY.

Looks like another slow and derivative console shooter. Really disappointing.

Why don't you just play Quake, UT, or Shootmania Storm for the rest of your life? The limitations you complain about above are what add to the complexity. The aforementioned games are boring because they have no HUD elements and solely emphasize a twitch-based style of play. This game will emphasize tactics, like S8 did before.

le.phat

Haven't been able to read the whole thread, but some quick responses to things I've read:

First - so glad to have this finally out there! Even more excited that people seem to "get it" and are looking forward to playing it. We've been focusing on gameplay since day 1, and I think everyone is going to have a really fun time getting to know the game once its out :)

The 60fps videos are from our site, www.titanfall.com. I don't care where you're getting 'em, but if Gamersyde is slow for you, try it. A huge part of the game is the fluidity, and thats really lost on weak-sauce Youtube 30fps encodes. As long as I'm around, expect 60fps footage from us.

For those expecting "normal" Source engine - don't. Those super smart coders (like Calen in this thread!) have re-written a massive amount of the codebase. The renderer is completely new (multi-threaded, DX11, 64bit, etc.), along with all the sound code, netcode, input code, etc. There's a lot of cores on the Xbox One, and the coders are actively working on utilizing them as much as possible.

Cloud! Cloud. Cloud? Yeah - we're using the MS Cloud for the Xbox One version. All platforms will be 100% played on dedis, but on the Xbox One MS is providing an extra layer on Azure that allows us to spin up dedis at a moments notice based on active users in the variety of regions, among other things.

We aren't talking about the 360 version much yet, but rest assured that we're working with the team thats doing it and care very deeply that its a superb version. This is our debut game and we won't let just any turd out the door!

PC - yup, going to be on PC, and its going to be awesome. We've got a lot of hardcore PC gamers in the office, and we know there's a lot of you looking to get this on PC. Again, no turds. We know what PC guys like/expect, and really don't want to disappoint.

So the cloud is just for dedicated servers ? Do you mean to say that the 360 version doesn't have dedicated servers ? How about the pc version ? And assuming they do, what is the difference between the X1 dedi's and the other version's dedi's ?

Rayme

http://i.minus.com/iJQS00eFXof0U.gif
OP pistol
[...]
Guys. Have a little more faith about balancing. We already have devs who swear by it in their load outs, and others that think you must be crazy to choose it over
REDACTED
, and there's a lot more time to tune. It'd be great for us to hear your hopes & concerns on anything you saw (please!), you just don't need to assume we're self-sabotaging morons from the get-go. Let us EARN that title. ;)

Interesting, since you rewrote that much of the codebase, what made you use Source?
Source was good for bootstrapping, especially in our early days, as it's very modular with a ton of community support/knowledge out there. Nowadays our codebase, tools, and workflow would be extremely foreign to someone familiar with Source, but it was invaluable in getting us here.

Controller support on PC? May double dip if true.
Absolutely.

Paradicia

Having looked at that gif and the sessler video, it's become apparent to me that they're just NPCs.. which is why they died so fast. If you look at the kill feed you'll see 'Headshot - Killed Soldier' three times.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
iJQS00eFXof0U.gif

OP pistol

look at all the skill it took to pull that off, this will be one of the most tactical shooters ever....is what COD fans will say

carlwinslowfromfamilymatters.gif.pagespeed.ce.qhn0MFr7jr.gif

The fuck?

That's some bullshit, why would you put something like that in? to accommodate people who can't aim? I can see myself raging already

Lol. As if this game wasn't already unappealing enough.

i saw vince talking so much about balance, balance, balance.. and then you see this, where is the balance in that? where is the counter? none of them dudes stood a single chance

That is the singleplayer...

Deadbeat

Banned
After Mw2 you are going to have to prove this in spades.

Not sure if this has been asked or answered yet but how many players will this support? I'd like to see next generation consoles get past that 16 player cap on a regular basis.

Archpath1

Its multiplayer with singleplayer campaign

I'm pretty sure its balanced, just looks crazy
It may be ai only weapon, or it somehow knows ai from player controller soldiers

I just want this game to be great :(

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not sure if this has been asked or answered yet but how many players will this support? I'd like to see next generation consoles get past that 16 player cap on a regular basis.

I am certain many games will go past 16. BF4 is doing 64 at launch, I see no reason why other games wouldn't follow, where appropriate of course.

There's no single player campaign. It's an online shooter.

Difference being they are trying to add single player elements in the multiplayer.

Grief.exe

iJQS00eFXof0U.gif

OP pistol

I think this is only for the NPC players that they sprinkle throughout the maps.

If you listen to the interview, the context seems to imply this.

That is the singleplayer...

There is no singleplayer. Mentioned multiple times its online only.

They just want to give context to the multiplayer.

Since when did dedicated servers start getting called clouds?

Microsoft PR®

Proven

The pistol means that cover is important. You don't stand in the open. I thought people were already going to do that considering there were hulking mechs of mass destruction roaming around.

Might tick me off though.

Brink did not accomplish that.

From the gameplay trailers it looked about as convincing to me.

Why don't you just play Quake, UT, or Shootmania Storm for the rest of your life? The limitations you complain about above are what add to the complexity. The aforementioned games are boring because they have no HUD elements and solely emphasize a twitch-based style of play. This game will emphasize tactics, like S8 did before.

This needs to be quoted anytime someone whines about ironsights.

Ieu

Guys. Have a little more faith about balancing. We already have devs who swear by it in their load outs, and others that think you must be crazy to choose it over
REDACTED
, and there's a lot more time to tune.

So from this can we assume that your balancing tactic is to make EVERY gun "OP" instead of nerfing any one gun?

newsguy

Seriously, with all that MS has done wrong, I still entertain the thought of getting a One just for this game. It looks flatout fun.

bidguy

Banned
So the cloud is just for dedicated servers ? Do you mean to say that the 360 version doesn't have dedicated servers ? How about the pc version ? And assuming they do, what is the difference between the X1 dedi's and the other version's dedi's ?

the bolded section has all the answers youre looking for dude

Top Bottom