• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 60 fps gameplay.

The show floor footage still looks smooth as glass compared to the crap that we have to put up with on YouTube. I'll take a closer look tomorrow but it could just be video playback issues. I'd like to see Killer Instinct at 60fps too.

That thing that stands out to me is how well the mechs are animated.

Show floor footage?!

Also, yeah, animation was definitely the strongest visual feature.

supergiz

The part where he ejected, landed on that other mech, and took him down was unbelievable. I loved the feeling of speed from the ejection.

puebla

i2Pk99MiUGcV6.gif

:p
oh shit lol i didn't notice this during the demo. will def have to play this.

My first impression of that footage is it looked different then what they showed at the press conference.

The aliasing, textures, and FOV don't look as good.

I wonder if the floor footage is Xbox One and the conference was high-end PC

It's the same exact playthrough as the one from the conference.

Demon Ice

Banned
You gotta admit, ADS clashes with the game play they are trying to achieve.

Its a strange juxtaposition, where the developers are saying they want it to be fast and fluid, but you have to come to a full stop in order to aim.

Meh. You still have to use that mobility to get in a position to where you can get the drop on your enemies, I don't think it's necessary to have the ability to shoot WHILE wallrunning, because lets be honest, on a console, that would be nothing but random spray and pray.

O.DOGG

This may be the game to pull me back into competitive multiplayer. I lost taste for it after COD4 (though I did have a brief fling with Bad Company 2).

MaGlock

Yup! That's me. Had to change my tag because of idiots mispronouncing my name. Changed it here on GAF too.

Nice, good to see some friends on Live are a fan of this site as well. We used to play together back in the day for Friendly Fire. Oh so many good times the early 360 years.

My first impression of that footage is it looked different then what they showed at the press conference.

The aliasing, textures, and FOV don't look as good.

I wonder if the floor footage is Xbox One and the conference was high-end PC

Conference one did have xbox button prompts (if that is an indicator...). Watching the other footage now, could be a capture issue. I'm seeing a lot of macroblocking. Will wait for Blim to deliver more.

EDIT: Definitely a compression issue, they start showing the same conference footage but it doesn't look nearly as good here.

The gameplay looks really cool, fast, and fluid. But then again, we are seeing this all from the perspective of a somewhat scripted series of actions from the perspective of a guy on a massive killstreak. I never was really a fan of games where you die so instantaneously like COD and now Titanfall, but damn this gameplay looks like a lot of fun. I'd probably be one of those guys who never gets in the titans and simply runs all over the walls looking for cool places or cool ways to get to places.

Kydd BlaZe

Nice, good to see some friends on Live are a fan of this site as well. We used to play together back in the day for Friendly Fire. Oh so many good times the early 360 years.

Wow dude! Small world! xFFx was a WHILE ago. Had no idea that you posted on GAF too man. That's pretty cool. Might have to get the old crew back up and running again once Titanfall releases, lol!

MOTHER OF GOD

Man...the level of fluidity and the agility of the pilots is just incredible. These new areas looks very good visually as well.

Truespeed

If it's really a 1 year exclusive then EA must have gotten paid pretty well. Deferred releases always go out to die on the other platform.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really hyped for this. Suprised no one in the interviews or on twitter has really hammered them about exclusivity. Not that they would answer. But still.

I have both systems preordered, but all my friends are "1 system only" kind of gamers, and will likely get the PS4 as things stand now.

Hopefully this see's a PS4 release. If it is a timed exclusive maybe they will even enhance the graphical fidelity for the PS4 version with the additional time.

If it's really a 1 year exclusive then EA must have gotten paid pretty well. Deferred releases always go out to die on the other platform.

If it's only a 1 year timed exclusive that's not all that bad considering a lot of people won't even have a PS4 until a year after it hits the market anyways. Not quite as bad as timed exclusives on systems that have been out for awhile already.

golem

I just watched it again, and though they might label this as '60 FPS', you can see some very clear frame latency spikes during any action. I wouldn't be surprised if those were spikes into the 60-80ms range with how chuggy it gets.

Source engine on a weak ass 8 core AMD APU just sounds like disaster.

Trailer was smooth in VLC but stutters in Quicktime for some reason (Mac Pro).

sca2511

Seems like it plays like CoD when on foot, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but it has mechs. Pretty much sold for that reason. Will pick it up on PC.

Splint

Everything would have been perfect....except people die wayy to quickly, making this game boring/casual to me. Hopefully this was just some demo or whatever. Maybe using the jetpack while firing your gun for real gun fights. Maybe the cloak they mentioned would make this like Crysis. IDK. But Im more interested in Destiny competitive mode until I see something more for this game.

The mech battle system looked great though so maybe I can just be a mech whore.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wish they had made it XB1-only. As it is it looks like a higher res 360 game :/

Respawn is developing TitanFall pretty much solo.
The 360 version is being done by another developer with little help from respawn.
So i dont see how making it XB1 only would have changed anything?

P.S:
TitanFall is actually my most anticipated title, the 60fps gameplay just looked like frikken sex.
I need this in my veins now!!!

Raide

I wonder if they will go the CoD route and have loads of weapons and customization?

Gameplay does look like frantic fun, so I hope they also have varied objective based stuff in there.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I just watched it again, and though they might label this as '60 FPS', you can see some very clear frame latency spikes during any action. I wouldn't be surprised if those were spikes into the 60-80ms range with how chuggy it gets.

Source engine on a weak ass 8 core AMD APU just sounds like disaster.

It is definitely running at 60fps for me.

DC R1D3R

Banned
I wonder if they will go the CoD route and have loads of weapons and customization?

Gameplay does look like frantic fun, so I hope they also have varied objective based stuff in there.

I think you'll find IW will be studying Respawn like a book from here on out.

Never thought about that. Exclusivity can really hurt profits. That's a lot of money to walk away from.

The money Microsoft is paying them for exclusivity probably more than makes up for the lost sales on PS4 and PS3. Microsoft is willing to overpay for a system seller.

Game looks dreadfully boring. I thought people said this was bringing mobility back to FPS games? Base movement speed looks slow as molasses, no crosshairs at all during sprint, and IRON SIGHTS YAY.

Looks like another slow and derivative console shooter. Really disappointing.

It's like we're soulmates.

I too crave for shooters to have proper movement speed, no shitty sprint button, no aim down sights (and strafejump modifiers)

edit: at least I have to give respawn credit for using source engine.

The only engine out there right now with acceptable netcode and low input lag.

Top Bottom