• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

wotta

Level 10? That means you barely played the beta. Also, you know it's on 2 other platforms besides XB1, right?

I played every day from the Thursday when I got the code until the beta closed. But just giving my opinion. I know people will stick up for it, since it's some sort of second coming it seems. But please tell me what is so special about it, cause other than it being a bit more faster paced than cod, I don't see it.

tuna_love

Banned
PC hardly has a lack of games tho, XB1 does at the moment. Destiny is still not confirmed for PC which is a shame, though I'm sure if it sells well it'll happen.

Sarcasm, not starved on pc but a lot of us still thought it was a pretty good game.

jediyoshi

People keep talking about how TItanfall will influence future games, but Destiny seems to me to be a much fuller, richer experience. That could be the one to influence future games imo.

So what is it that Destiny actually lends itself to be influential? The gunplay itself looks straight forward to the tune of Borderlands ala guns, ADS, abilities. We can hope the AI is done well, but at best that's a qualitative attribute on an existing gameplay mechanic. The crux of Destiny is its multiplayer structure being applied to an fps, but neither thing lend themselves to typical team based gameplay which will always be the dominating fps format.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I, for one, am shocked that people who were deriding the game in every thread pre-beta ended up not liking it.

wotta

I think people underestimate the importance of a single player campaign to the overall success of a game. People like value and if value is not perceived then they'll give a game a miss.

I'm interested. At the moment, do you think there is enough content to justify the initial outlay for this game?

I'm sure Titanfall will sell well on Xbox One just because there is not much else out for the Xbox One at the moment. I'm sure it'll probably sell well on PC too. I'm not so sure about Xbox 360 though as it doesn't seem to be anywhere to be seen in pre-order charts etc.

I can see Titanfall reaching a total of around 5-6 million sales by the end of the year, which would be a good total for a new IP. I don't see it selling Xbox One consoles though as it's just far too much money to lay out for one game.

p.s I do like Titanfall, I think it's a fun experience, I'm just struggling to see why it's so hyped up?? Maybe I'm missing something.

Are there any other stores that you guys could recommend to purchase to the game digitally or should I just buy it straight from the origins store?

DarkFlow

Banned
I don't even.
I have been a battlefield only player since quitting COD back in mid. Mw2 era.

Couldn't possibly be more excited for Titanfall and the fact that its bringing me back to faster/close quarter combat shooters.

Same here, well last CoD I bought was Mw3. I've been all about BF and less twitch shooters I guess you could say. I even downloaded Ghosts yesterday because of the free steam weekend and found it to be utter shit and deleted it after trying it out for about 2 hours. I loved what I played of TitanFall and did not really think it was CoD.

wotta

Are there any other stores that you guys could recommend to purchase to the game digitally or should I just buy it straight from the origins store?

ST are selling it digitally, or you could grab it from GMG.

I think if you shop around you may get it cheaper than on Origin.

*edit code expired sorry.

rjcc

p.s I do like Titanfall, I think it's a fun experience, I'm just struggling to see why it's so hyped up?? Maybe I'm missing something.

why would you care about hype levels? If someone else likes something and is talking about it more excitedly than you are, it's probably because it appeals to them personally. There's no explanation needed, you've already played it.

Nokterian

So yeah i pre ordered it through origin..yeah i could get it a lot cheaper but to me respawn can have all my money's and i hope in the near future that i can give it to them directly instead using Origin. I am just excited to play a shooter just like MW1 had me hooked for a longtime.

wotta

Well I guess everyone is right. If you played it and enjoyed the beta, then go ahead and buy it. The hype from the media doesn't really matter, it's just a little over the top. But that's gaming media for you.

Zakalwe

Banned
I agree but those are two of the worst examples I could think of for that, quake and ut tdm required a huge amount of teamwork to get and keep map and item control.

This is silly.

Any competitive game with opposing teams requires team work to win.

In context, saying x doesn't require it is ridiculous.

Quake and UT didn't require any more teamwork than Titanfall. The amount of teamwork required in all of these games is directly related to how coordinated your opposition are.

Ferrus

Banned
Anyone?

I read the requirements, but I'm still not sure.

It did run on my hp probook: i5 3210 @ 2,5GHz; 6GB RAM; 7650M 2GB (as if the extra GB would matter on that one) Res 1.366 x 768

Depending on your settings which would be "mid" overall and very little to no anistropic filtering and low shadow details > it will run pretty sure on ~ 40 - 55 FPS (720p)

Might even manage 1080 with reduced settings.

bee

woohoo, they finally grant me beta access , 1 week after the beta's ended, thanks ea

if there's no demo to try before i buy, they've lost a sale

It's all manufactured hype. I don't think anyone's actually hyped for the game because they enjoy it.

Last fast paced shooter I played was MW2 and i'm quite excited for the full release of titanfall, the titans add in that slight halo health regen battle feel among quick cod 1 hit kills and I like it.

I should add that I played a lot of Q3A back in the day.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's all manufactured hype. I don't think anyone's actually hyped for the game because they enjoy it.

"Stop liking what I don't like" "Just stop guys it's not real hype".

One of the most ridiculous and condensing statements I've heard. Not everyone is an idiot stop treating them like one.

Should be fine at medium settings I think.

ACIV

BF3

It did run on my hp probook: i5 3210 @ 2,5GHz; 6GB RAM; 7650M 2GB (as if the extra GB would matter on that one) Res 1.366 x 768

Depending on your settings which would be "mid" overall and very little to no anistropic filtering and low shadow details > it will run pretty sure on ~ 40 - 55 FPS (720p)

Might even manage 1080 with reduced settings.

Nice, then I'll order it, too.

SpacLock

I like how people keep doubting this game sales wise. Just wait and see :)

I'm having a hard time playing other console shooters now. I keep wondering why I'm not able to double jump and wall run.

Proven

I think people underestimate the importance of a single player campaign to the overall success of a game. People like value and if value is not perceived then they'll give a game a miss.

I'm interested. At the moment, do you think there is enough content to justify the initial outlay for this game?

I'm sure Titanfall will sell well on Xbox One just because there is not much else out for the Xbox One at the moment. I'm sure it'll probably sell well on PC too. I'm not so sure about Xbox 360 though as it doesn't seem to be anywhere to be seen in pre-order charts etc.

I can see Titanfall reaching a total of around 5-6 million sales by the end of the year, which would be a good total for a new IP. I don't see it selling Xbox One consoles though as it's just far too much money to lay out for one game.

From the achievement list, there are two campaigns that are played separately from the rest of the multiplayer playlists. The only issue is that instead of a single player setpiece filled campaign against only CPU opponents, you get a campaign you can play with your friends or randomized teammates against another team of human players.

Then again, I'm not the target market for single player FPS games.

Milennia

I'm actually hyped because I played it, and enjoy it playing it a lot.

Tell us the theory? I suppose everyone in this tread enjoying the game is getting a "paycheck", or we are undercover MS "shills", have we felt victim of sinister game media conspiracy!?

ohh the lunacy...

you are responding to a sarcastic statement.

Milennia

oups, sorry if true... man I've read so many crazy stuff in that same line.

I don't know anymore.

I feel the same way about people who actually mean it.
Confuses me really.

If you dont like something, theres no reason to project the notion on others who do.

Gurrry

Holy shit balls seeing these comments..please stop your making a embarrassment of yourself.

No kidding, you can tell the salty people who have never played are here to try and deflate the fun.

This game isnt "manufactured hype". If it was, then no one would give to shits about it after the beta.

PJSalt all over the place.

Green Man Gaming wanted me to send a scan of my credit card, with all numbers blocked out but the last 4. I'm not doing that.

I also played the free COD Ghosts 2 Multiplayer on Steam. It's so damn slow compared to Titanfall. Yes, it's a shooter, yes it has leveling, but that's where the comparisons stop with modern day COD.

So uh.

Is there a reason to pre-order this game anywhere but from Microsoft? They seem to be the only ones with a decent pre-order bonus ($10 giftcard).

E92 M3

I miss playing some Titanfall gaf = (.

Had so much fun with that beta.

Our next milestone is the OT and then from there the game will launch! Can't wait :)

My only fear is they make some unnecessary nerfs that ruin some of the fun. Halo 3 did that from the beta. Constantly paranoid about that.

Our next milestone is the OT and then from there the game will launch! Can't wait :)

My only fear is they make some unnecessary nerfs that ruin some of the fun. Halo 3 did that from the beta. Constantly paranoid about that.

Halo 3 carbine went from being a bit broken to a bit naff, so I hope we don't see weapons drop to unwanted levels, I never had a problem with the weapons in the weekend I played solid.

If anything maybe electric smoke is a little too good, but it's limited range :p

Top Bottom