• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

BigDug13

Man I really hate it when games don't support full screen windowed. Hope they add this for final release.

Since it's source, you can add any of those source engine command line entries to the Origin window somewhere. It was mentioned somewhere else in this thread and I don't know the specific commands. Look around. You can get windowed/borderless commands in the Origin launch window somehow.

The most important question of our time (this one coming up) is about to be asked by the most important member of our forum (yours truly)...

Can you rip out an I-beam from a dilapidated building and bonk/impale Titans and humans over the head with them? For the love of god say yes, because if no, then I question Respawns dedication to bonking things with heavy metal...

doesn't seem to be destructibility in the environments at all

Teletraan1

Banned
LOL. EA and online only stuff is like oil and water. I know this is a beta but they specifically staggered key distribution so this wouldn't happen and it did. Just like every other online game they tried to launch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just got an extra code. First person to draw me a Paint drawing of your favorite non-Aeris death scene in FF7 wins it!

edit: Claimed via PM. Hilarious drawing btw, Aeana!

GavinUK86

While we're all waiting for the servers to come back up I might as well throw my hat in the ring too.

GavinUK86 on PC Origin if anyone wants to add me.

Blearth

Banned
LOL. EA and online only stuff is like oil and water. I know this is a beta but they specifically staggered key distribution so this wouldn't happen and it did. Just like every other online game they tried to launch.
Anyone who wanted a key could get one. The staggering was rendered null and void by EA's excellent customer service.

Bit ironic actually

Azsori

Hopefully we won't have to wait long, they are trying to fix it apparently:

Adam Fraser ‏@WWEFAdam 17m
@VinceZampella Any idea when the titanfall servers will be fixed? its nearly midnight here so I would like to play some tonight.

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 15m
@WWEFAdam a.s.a.f.p.!

Got out of work not too long ago and could really use some falling Titans after this week...

LNBL

So there is no Tutorial?

There is a one time tutorial when starting the game for the first time.

BTW, in case it has not been posted yet. Really awesome, you can get a burn card to use either the Stryder or Ogre titan for one round.

boom_by_intheflorsh-d76h5xa.gif

That aim!

LNBL

I think Titanfall is running on dedicated Microsoft servers and not EA servers. Right?

arab

one thing i think would have improved my opinion about the game is some level of environmental destruction. kind of disappoint to have all these explosive weapons but the environment is so stronk

ILoveBish

my experience so far on PC:

infinitely searching for servers, to which they are always not found

Im right there with you. Came home from work, got my 360 controller working wireless on pc using adapter, got my creme de menthe coffee setup, fired up titanfall and servers are down.

Add me on steam/origin guys: TheHaiwan

We'll play once its up and running!

Top Bottom