• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Now that I think of it. Azure technology for servers is pretty cool, we're now talking about datacenters that can scalate as needed. Something new that I haven't seen in other titles.

big_z

Got my pc code, will try it later tonight.

I hope digital foundry does a comparison between versions. Vinny from giantbomb seemed to be surprised how much better the pc version looked.

RS4-

boom_by_intheflorsh-d76h5xa.gif

That aim!

I counter with this: http://i.minus.com/itUhpLG69O0cc.gif

Despite the servers bugging out on us, I did enjoy the only match of attrition despite losing and a bit out of practice on m/kb. HUD was a bit overwhelming initially, but by the end of the match I was used to it.

All in all, it's a fun game to play. Can't say too much more until I get my hands dirty with the various classes, match types, and maps.

Quesa

I've been playing stealthy with the the lock on pistol and enjoy the objective stuff way more than deathmatch. Makes someone who can't aim able to actually top leaderboards :)

LNBL

Can anyone explain how burn cards work?

Easy!

Take for example this card:
tumblr_n0w9w9sVMf1qa5c1eo1_500.png

So it gives your titan a pre-charged core ability such as Extra Damage for a couple of seconds. You can choose to activate this card at any time, but it only works for 1 life. So it does not matter if you die within 10 seconds after spawning or 10 minutes after spawning, it's only usable or 1 life. You have different kinds of burn cards, such as buffed weapons, ability enhancers, respawn cards or special types of Titans. Before each match you can choose which 3 burn cards to take into the next match.

Anybody able to Downsample? I have tried using it at 4K on my 1080p monitor and the game forced itself into windowed mode every time. Same with 1440p. Anybody know how to make it fullscreen?

16xQ CSAA isn't enough smoothness.

Just got it installed, waiting for the servers to come back up.

Anyway to get the Steam overlay to work? Added it to Steam, disabled Origin overlay but nothing.

Deadbeat

Banned
We should talk about the Smart Pistol some more.

So anywhos, the card for the upgraded smart pistol is the stupidest thing going. 2 shots to kill a pilot I mean really. Really? Respawn should delete the card and pretend it never happened.

Has anyone used the target enhancer mod for the gun? I put it on a custom loadout but I keep on forgetting and just use the default loadouts because Im pretty bad at remembering to test it. The suppressor is so handy. You ice one pilot and noone notices on the radar because people are dumb. Its cod all over again. "oh all these green arrows are disappearing on the radar near me. Oh well". People need to start using suppressors on all their guns.

Secondaries: The auto pistol is garbage. Its garbage using irons, its garbage hip firing. Its garbage at everything.

Grey Matter

Neo Member
It'll be interesting to see if the Burn Cards eventually become the microtransactions within the game.

The way they're setup, I can easily imagine you buying a gacha style pack with one guaranteed rare and a bunch of other random stuff, much like how the item crates works in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

It'll be interesting to see if the Burn Cards eventually become the microtransactions within the game.

The way they're setup, I can easily imagine you buying a gacha style pack with one guaranteed rare and a bunch of other random stuff, much like how the item crates works in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.
They already announced that there will be no micro transactions.

UnrealEck

Anybody able to Downsample? I have tried using it at 4K on my 1080p monitor and the game forced itself into windowed mode every time. Same with 1440p. Anybody know how to make it fullscreen?

16xQ CSAA isn't enough smoothness.

I was able to run it at 4K.

I go into Nvidia control panel, make a custom resolution of 3840x2160 and use that resolution in-game. My monitor is only 1920x1080 native.

Just another bit of fluff that gets bundled in with a map pack I would guess. Would be fun to see it become something they experiment with in playlists. Have some cards that show up for a month and then disappear.

RS4-

We should talk about the Smart Pistol some more.

So anywhos, the card for the upgraded smart pistol is the stupidest thing going. 2 shots to kill a pilot I mean really. Really? Respawn should delete the card and pretend it never happened.

Has anyone used the target enhancer mod for the gun? I put it on a custom loadout but I keep on forgetting and just use the default loadouts because Im pretty bad at remembering to test it. The suppressor is so handy. You ice one pilot and noone notices on the radar because people are dumb. Its cod all over again. "oh all these green arrows are disappearing on the radar near me. Oh well". People need to start using suppressors on all their guns.

Secondaries: The auto pistol is garbage. Its garbage using irons, its garbage hip firing. Its garbage at everything.

I used the enhancer for a bit, the time to lock on is noticeable but I don't know if it's worth using over the suppressor; then again, that probably boils down to how you play and approach buildings and such. If you're going in pretending like its COD, then I guess the enhanced lock would be fine.

And I think the auto pistol is shit too. I'd rather hipfire the damn smartgun over it.

I was able to run it at 4K.

I go into Nvidia control panel, make a custom resolution of 3840x2160 and use that resolution in-game. My monitor is only 1920x1080 native.

That is how I got the 4K option in the first place. My issue is that the game forces itself into windowed mode when I choose my custom resolutions.

So on the subject of burn cards, how do you actually acquire them? I only managed to play a few matches before servers dropped and never really saw any mention of them.

Gorillaz

Naw they are skipping microtransactions. They might dabble in it a bit in the future games like what ME3 did. They do remind me of how Bioware did it.

TimFL

So on the subject of burn cards, how do you actually acquire them? I only managed to play a few matches before servers dropped and never really saw any mention of them.

They require a certain rank to unlock. You get 3 slots. All of them unlock at a seperate level. Then you get burn cards randomly after a match (could be if won only, don't know).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Only time I use my secondary is for rodeo. Reload is fast enough for everything else, particularly when I'm going parkour crazy all over the place like a spastic monkey.

Oh, so they're reusable across matches then?

For some reason I thought you used them once and they were gone forever.

You do lose them once used. I gain just as many each match as I spend, they're awarded for any number of things.

RS4-

Oh, so they're reusable across matches then?

For some reason I thought you used them once and they were gone forever.

They're fine even when they're equipped. But they're gone as soon as you actually activate then in game

And you can unlock burn cards by doing challenges (unlocked at level 4)

Archpath1

They still giving them codes out still? I signed up almost immediately site went up, and still haven't gotten a code I'm sad :(

Glad to see its fun though

Deadbeat

Banned
Cards are random drops. If you see a gold symbol in the top left it means the card is rare. I have a ghosts card (which I posted earlier in this thread) and now an ogre card as well. They are special and shiny.

Top Bottom