• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Dubz

EA just can't catch a break. Servers down = of course, it's an EA game. I know it's MS's fault, but it's still pretty predictable with an EA game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This reminds me of the day I skipped school for the Halo 3 beta and the download button wasn't working until 12 am the next day.

TheOddOne

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww.

Bgef-2JCcAAeAsu.jpg

kharma45

There is one thing I hate and it's that fucking pistol that locks on. Gave it a go there and it just takes the fun out of the game running around with it.

blazeuk

Seriously? How does that make it any better? lol. That is still horrible AI work. And pretty funny a soldier out there supposed to be fighting titans can even be phased by someones boot.

Lets build these massive war machines and then forget to make a defense against a rubber boot! Yeah that sounds awesome!

The bots are generally pretty useless, they don't do anything other than try to add to the scale of the battle and hover around targets. I imagine it's something they'll work on but it's never going to be perfect and they don't affect the game at all really - your main targets are still going to be other players rather than bots which is how it should be.

Amir0x

Banned
man, did you guys see that time when it said attempting matchmaking and then no servers found? I mean, I don't know what the competition is going to do here. One needs only to try this whole thing out to understand exactly why it's being called a killer app.

BY2K

Membero Americo
man, did you guys see that time when it said attempting matchmaking and then no servers found? I mean, I don't know what the competition is going to do here. One needs only to try this whole thing out to understand exactly why it's being called a killer app.

It's a Beta. Would you have preferred if that bug had happened at launch?

Dubz

Yeah I have been looking at that screen for an hour now...so fun!

Amir0x

Banned
It's a Beta. Would you have preferred if that bug had happened at launch?

I'd bank money they will have server problems at launch. Although, I'm not sure why you're taking an obvious joke seriously. :p

I don't even have any real interest in Titanfall like some people given my concern that it shares the same problems that turn me off from most modern competitive FPS (I love FPS and competitive FPS, but the quirks popularized since Call of Duty have ruined so many games for me), this silly server bug stuff is not really a concern of mine at all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'd bank money they will have server problems at launch. Although, I'm not sure why you're taking an obvious joke seriously. :p

I don't even have any real interest in Titanfall like some people given my concern that it shares the same problems that turn me off from most modern competitive FPS (I love FPS and competitive FPS, but the quirks popularized since Call of Duty have ruined so many games for me), this silly server bug stuff is not really a concern of mine at all.

Dude, that "no server found" message was so epic!

a916

I went in watching all the beta footage that was making the rounds around the media, but dear lord did it blow me away... so much fun, so much fun was had!!

It feels so "slick". When you're just going around the map.

Still not used to the feeling of "I can wall jump and stuff" and catch myself doing COD things too much... but so good. (so far)

Amir0x

Banned
Dude, that "no server found" message was so epic!

I just want to pull off that maneuver where I jump on someone's titan and rip the fuck out of their electronics

that looked pretty fun!

Also I want to use that arc gun that like makes people turn into gloop. What has that ability again so I can go right for it?

VariantX

EA just can't catch a break. Servers down = of course, it's an EA game. I know it's MS's fault, but it's still pretty predictable with an EA game.

That's perfectly fine if there are problems right now with servers. As long as they nail down the problems and have something that's 100% in working order come release day.

DryvBy

The bots are generally pretty useless, they don't do anything other than try to add to the scale of the battle and hover around targets. I imagine it's something they'll work on but it's never going to be perfect and they don't affect the game at all really - your main targets are still going to be other players rather than bots which is how it should be.

Which to add, makes it harder to find other players. I was number one in a match at only 7 kills. No idea I wasn't killing pilots.

Hixx

I was skeptical of the hype surrounding Titanfall about 5 hours ago.

Now I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. Amazing fun, though that lock-on pistol is... I don't understand why it's in the game to be honest.

dhonk

So I went the chat method, was told he added it to my account, however it hasn't shown up yet. He told me to wait and see until later, but that he had added it. Anyone else get this?

Am_I_Evil

Haven't gotten to play yet; got my code while at work. Get home, install, WOOOOO...oh wait, servers are down?

stitch-crying-in-rain.gif

edit: working 7a - 7p all weekend so my time is limited and I was looking forward to this...

Syf

Banned
So I went the chat method, was told he added it to my account, however it hasn't shown up yet. He told me to wait and see until later, but that he had added it. Anyone else get this?
Took about 5 minutes for me after talking to a rep in chat. How long has it been for you?

VariantX

Which to add, makes it harder to find other players. I was number one in a match at only 7 kills. No idea I wasn't killing pilots.

You wont find bots wall running and jumping around, nor will you see players stand still and miss 99/100 shots fired at you. It gets way easier after a few hours of play to tell which is which from a glance with reasonable accuracy.

Teletraan1

Banned
You can always tell how good a game is by how angry and nuts people go when it is down and then inversely how sensitive people are to the angry and nutzo.

Oozer3993

I was skeptical of the hype surrounding Titanfall about 5 hours ago.

Now I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. Amazing fun, though that lock-on pistol is... I don't understand why it's in the game to be honest.

It's the "old man gun." It was designed to give players who don't have the greatest aim a way to compete.

Top Bottom