• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Hardpoint is where it's at. Attrition is lame because people can just run around with the smart pistol and instakill bots left and right to boost their score. It's over all too quickly as a result. I've said it before but bots shouldn't count for the score. Maybe half a point if anything.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hardpoint is where it's at. Attrition is lame because people can just run around with the smart pistol and instakill bots left and right to boost their score. It's over all too quickly as a result. I've said it before but bots shouldn't count for the score. Maybe half a point if anything.

They're only a point, which doesn't amount to much when a single pilot is worth 4. I do think Attrition could use a higher score limit in general though.

So this game is pretty damn fun for someone who avoided CoD for many years.

But I'm not very good. I seem to be best at mounting titans and takingthem down but when I get in a titan I don't last very long.

Some local servers (AUS) would be nice but it's certainly not unplayable.
Anyone have any tips?

HelloMeow

Holy crap that LMG. They should have called it the RMG, for Red Mist Gun.

ibeC1xSmYSZGRI.gif

XxCGSxX

So uh since a R9 270 overclocked and an amd fx 8320 isn't enough to run Titanfall at 1080p with 8x msaa or 4x msaa, 16x anti. Or 8x anti. And everything else high at a rock solid 60 fps (it goes down to 40-50 when I'm in a titan), I decided to set it up at 720p just to see how it runs. For some reason the game runs at 24 fps and doesn't go higher than that. Won't even try to figure out why lol.

DTKT

Heh.

I can't quite understand the hype. It's seems like a rather well made game but nothing quite amazing. The Titan combat is not very fun. Most of the maps are very cramped and lead to pretty boring headons. Infantry combat is nice, but giving you so many fodder bots is just silly. There is nothing rewarding about killing them and player kills are few and far between.

Most of the time, I actually don't want to spawn a Titan. It's just a very boring gameplay when compared to the infantry.

J-Rzez

Heh.

I can't quite understand the hype. It's seems like a rather well made game but nothing quite amazing. The Titan combat is not very fun. Most of the maps are very cramped and lead to pretty boring headons.

Because despite not living up to the hype of the greatest thing ever, it's still a "good" shooter, with a good setting, and great character control gameplay, and it's coming out in a drought period of shooters.

And the maps are a big issue. I can't understand how these maps are so meh, especially considering the transverse capabilities pilots have. The cramped thing is really bad with Last Titan or whatever. Those choke points are horrible and boring. I won't even touch that mode anymore, and stay with the capture point one instead.

Ellite25

Last Titan Standing is pretty cool. I just hop out of my Titan at the beginning of the match, have my Titan stand guard in the back and I take to the roof times to take on the opposing titans. It's pretty awesome haha

Effect

Holy crap that LMG. They should have called it the RMG, for Red Mist Gun.

ibeC1xSmYSZGRI.gif

That thing makes taking out Titans via rodeo so quick. No need to reload either and it drops the entire health of the Titan in seconds. It's a continuous drop (where as with other weapons you have to stop and reload because the ammo clip isn't large enough) and I'm sure the pilot is wondering what the hell is going on to because no other weapon that I know of in the game will do that. You'd have to have several Titans all attacking you to see that kind of shield and health drop. Them making it a burn card was the right way to go. No way in hell should it be a regular weapon that can be added to a load out. Managed to take out three Titans with this thing before I was finally killed. It's a waste I think to use it on other players due to it being so effective against titans and players will just jump around to get out of the line of fire.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That thing makes taking out Titans via rodeo so quick. No need to reload either and it drops the entire health of the Titan in seconds. It's a continuous drop (where as with other weapons you have to stop and reload because the ammo clip isn't large enough) and I'm sure the pilot is wondering what the hell is going on to because no other weapon that I know of in the game will do that. You'd have to have several Titans all attacking you to see that kind of shield and health drop. Them making it a burn card was the right way to go. No way in hell should it be a regular weapon that can be added to a load out. Managed to take out three Titans with this thing before I was finally killed.

I'm sure it's going to be a regular weapon too, we can just only get the burn card version now(I am going to guess it doesn't normally blow people up, lol).

There's some other stuff like a mag launcher as an anti titan weapon that's only showing up in cards for the beta. Along with the Ogre/Stryder cards.

Rizsparky

So uh since a R9 270 overclocked and an amd fx 8320 isn't enough to run Titanfall at 1080p with 8x msaa or 4x msaa, 16x anti. Or 8x anti. And everything else high at a rock solid 60 fps (it goes down to 40-50 when I'm in a titan), I decided to set it up at 720p just to see how it runs. For some reason the game runs at 24 fps and doesn't go higher than that. Won't even try to figure out why lol.
Turn vsync off

That thing makes taking out Titans via rodeo so quick. No need to reload either and it drops the entire health of the Titan in seconds. It's a continuous drop (where as with other weapons you have to stop and reload because the ammo clip isn't large enough) and I'm sure the pilot is wondering what the hell is going on to because no other weapon that I know of in the game will do that. You'd have to have several Titans all attacking you to see that kind of shield and health drop. Them making it a burn card was the right way to go. No way in hell should it be a regular weapon that can be added to a load out. Managed to take out three Titans with this thing before I was finally killed. It's a waste I think to use it on other players due to it being so effective against titans and players will just jump around to get out of the line of fire.
You can hear when someone jumps on. Also, electric smoke FTW.

Ramirez

Playing with a party just elevates this game to the stars for me. Wasn't feeling it with randys, but when you have teamwork, it's amazing how quickly you can dismantle a team, lol.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It, like all other weapons in the game, has basically zero recoil. That plus low Pilot HP makes TTK so absurd in this.

Game needs a lot of tuning.

You have got to be shitting me that an LMG has no recoil in an FPS game. No fucking way that is true. Any youtube videos showing this?

Great game and a lot of fun! I love how much mobility you have as a pilot and how you feel like a beast in the titan. I was surprised how well balanced it is, I figured pilots would have a huge disadvantage against a titan but that's clearly not the case.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The positive impressions are making me want to buy the XB1 just for this game. That would be crazy though, right?

J-Rzez

You have got to be shitting me that an LMG has no recoil in an FPS game. No fucking way that is true. Any youtube videos showing this?

It looks like it's jumping around like crazy, but it's not impacting spread or fighting to keep it down one bit.

That video shungokusatsu linked above has it in it at the end.

khani47

Neo Member
Morning/Afternoon/Evening

Im using a 770 GTX with the Insane textures, first 20 minutes it was fine and running smooth as butter then all of a sudden it became choppy.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
They said they're gonna open the PC beta for everyone, try it out and see how it runs. Everything will be set to low and the resolution will be 720 instead of 1080, but you might still get pretty good framerate.

Oh, awesome! Thank you for the heads up! I'll definitely give the beta a shot.

NZNova

Good fun game. Badly needs some aussie servers though. Sucks being the only guy on the server with a 1 bar connection icon when everyone else has 3 bars.

Top Bottom