• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall beta trailer?!

jet1911

iJaQhSfg1TEwI.gif

This one is cool but I meant between 0:34 and 0:37. :p

erawsd

Nothing unnecessary about it. Gibs have been part of shooters since forever for a reason. They're awesome.

Yep. Besides, I suspect a realistic interpretation of what happens to a human body being crushed by a 20ft robot is far more unsettling and violent.

SJRB

Gold Member
Not sure what's with the insane compression in this trailer, makes the game look terrible.

God damn this game will sell millions. That trailer was pure awesomeness.

Why does it seem there is only one map shown in all the trailers?!?

As a MP only game it should have > 10 maps at launch.

JimiNutz

Banned
I literally bought a Xbox One at launch over PS4 at launch for this game.

My only worry at the moment is that the gunplay still looks very similar to COD (in the sense that kills are very quick and guns have iron sights).

I am excited fot the increased mobility and the titans themselves but if I wasn't a fan of COD gunplay, will I actually be able to enjoy it?

I really dont understand the hype about the agility and that this is so new.

Does anyone remembers UT or Quake ? That was fast pace as hell.

I don't recall Unreal and Quake playing like Titanfall. Fast paced? Yes, very. Movement and traversal capabilities identical to what's on display in Titanfall? Definitely not. So, not a very clever or effective way to try and downplay an important part of Titanfall's appeal, as if fast paced movement is all created equal -- or all this game has going for it. Seems like quite a few people really start reaching for the skies as it concerns looking for a way to offer criticism of the game's most attractive elements.

E92 M3

Man, snow and rain maps would be sooooooooooo cool. Maybe throw in some lightening. How cool it would be to see Titans dropping in the night sky?!

You have to be nimble to escape and out manoeuvre powerful Mechs as well as attack from pilots. Now image all that going on a battelfield. People are hyped for that reason, there isnt anything like this.

You know, I'm all for this and I don't care who "did it first" ... but that sounds like UT.

Respawn earned my respect years ago. I just hope my PC can run it properly. PC edition preordered.

I'm actually thankful that it's not built to be a super-pretty game, since it means that my merely decent PC will be able to run it beautifully. :)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Yep. Besides, I suspect a realistic interpretation of what happens to a human body being crushed by a 20ft robot is far more unsettling and violent.

This. I work at a trauma ER. Gunshots/MVCs/stabbings/jumpers/falls etc etc etc.

Gibs are nothing compared to any of that, and infinitely less unsettling to view.

keit4

Banned
This game looks like unadulterated fun. Between this and Evolve (and maybe Destiny) i think that we have a great year for multiplayer games.

GHG

Just registered for the PC beta. Hopefully will get to see what all the fuss (or not...) is about.

I refuse to give EA money (for the time being, tentatively until ME4 is revealed and if it melts my face and stand) after being absolutely disgusted by the Dungeon Keeper/PvZ2 bullshit... but I'm not going to refuse playing a beta if I luck myself in. I don't use it much, but I've got Origin, so meh.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see if anyone who didn't tick 'share details with EA partners' got into the Beta...

I didn't tick it.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
So pissed the only reason I can't play this is because $. Fuck you EA fuck you Microsoft.
Can someone link to 'Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River', I'm at work at the moment and can't access youtube.

On topic - The alpha was fun, the beta looks good and hopefully the full game is great, can't wait.

Game play looks fun - but why/how does the player get a double headshot at 0:57? As far as I can tell they are no where near hitting the guy to the right. Hopefully I am missing something or the gun has a special property.

I didn't know that you could latch on to walls.

Top Bottom