• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall beta trailer?!

Seanspeed

Banned
Game play looks fun - but why/how does the player get a double headshot at 0:57? As far as I can tell they are no where near hitting the guy to the right. Hopefully I am missing something or the gun has a special property.
There's a multi-shot skill/perk/ability(?) that allows you to takeout multiple people in one go. I believe this only works for the AI opponents. Somebody who has played it can probably expand more.

jet1911

Game play looks fun - but why/how does the player get a double headshot at 0:57? As far as I can tell they are no where near hitting the guy to the right. Hopefully I am missing something or the gun has a special property.

I didn't know that you could latch on to walls.

That's the Smart Pistol I think. On the AI soldier you need one "lock on" to kill and on a pilot you need three. I'll try to find a gameplay video from the Alpha.

There's a multi-shot skill/perk/ability(?) that allows you to takeout multiple people in one go. I believe this only works for the AI opponents. Somebody who has played it can probably expand more.

Interesting, thanks.

Hopefully some of the PC beta players will give controller impressions.

That's the Smart Pistol I think. On the AI soldier you need one "lock on" to kill and on a pilot you need three. I'll try to find a gameplay video from the Alpha.

Appreciated, thanks.

solarus

I really wish i had an Xbone so I didn't have to play against pc players (call me a heretic but im used to using the controller and on pc I would get destroyed) but I guess I'll settle for the pc version.

E92 M3

Sucks that Valentines Day is also my anniversary, but I'll make this work somehow. Hopefully I'd be fortunate enough to have this problem by getting into the beta.

DryvBy

I don't recall Unreal and Quake playing like Titanfall. Fast paced? Yes, very. Movement and traversal capabilities identical to what's on display in Titanfall? Definitely not. So, not a very clever or effective way to try and downplay an important part of Titanfall's appeal, as if fast paced movement is all created equal -- or all this game has going for it. Seems like quite a few people really start reaching for the skies as it concerns looking for a way to offer criticism of the game's most attractive elements.

That's actually all he was referring to. The hype about it's pace.

MercuryLS

Banned
I really wish i had an Xbone so I didn't have to play against pc players (call me a heretic but im used to using the controller and on pc I would get destroyed) but I guess I'll settle for the pc version.

This is my problem, I'm a controller guy and I'm not looking forward to getting distorted by KB/M players on PC. I might just have to get the X360 version as a result.

I do like that the player models are skinny and slender, hopefully the hitboxes reflect that

one of the (many) worst things about cod is how large the player models and hitboxes are relative to the size of the maps

Bigger maps and smaller hitboxes might make it less of a blind spray bullethose babby shooter

I'm much more of a PS4 fan (will get an Xbox maybe eventually) but I will say that looks like it could be a ton of fun. I get annoyed by all the FPS games but this looks to have a lot of originality going for it.

Can you play it couch co-op 2 player with bots or is it strictly online? Edit: That's probably a silly question at this point. Nevermind.

TheOddOne

Oh cool - haven't heard info about that one. Hopefully we have a wide array of environments.
This is Fracture btw:

i1Ylmu39J8NnK.png

Sioen

How much longer till media blowout? Can we expect footage of new maps or just the same old maps they've been showing?

antitrop

How much longer till media blowout? Can we expect footage of new maps or just the same old maps they've been showing?

Like 3 hours or so.

Off-topic, Bulletstorm is the best game Epic put out last generation. PCF are great, Painkiller was cool, too.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Media Blowout will be at 12pm EST. People on youtube and more formal journalists can talk about details of the game that were previously under embargo, and probably show screenshots too.

Tomorrow IGN will be streaming two hours of the beta.

And starting on Friday when the Beta rolls out for the first wave of players on PC and Xbone, ANYONE can record and upload footage because there is no non-disclosure agreement.

The only new map I might expect to be shown for sure is this new one, but who knows maybe we will get lucky and finally get a count.

Watching the footage again, does anyone know what mode Pilot Hunter is?

I think it's a mode where there's no Titans whatsoever. So, team deathmatch. "Pilot" is just the generic name given to human-controlled players. Do not know if AI bots are in that mode as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So will we be getting gameplay videos or just previews today?

I'm banking on just written previews and maybe screenshots.

Man, snow and rain maps would be sooooooooooo cool. Maybe throw in some lightening. How cool it would be to see Titans dropping in the night sky?!

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a night map but in the meantime you will have to settle for random Japanese fan art that actually exists for some reason
https://twitter.com/am1143xx

Seanspeed

Banned

This is my problem, I'm a controller guy and I'm not looking forward to getting distorted by KB/M players on PC. I might just have to get the X360 version as a result.
KB/M controls take a little bit of time to get used to, but it becomes second nature fairly quickly. In the end, I think its worth learning. You might even come to prefer it, especially for shooters like this.

Top Bottom