• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall boosts Xbox One UK sales by 96%, Tea and Crumpets for all!

US and UK markets are the closest in terms of sales trends. This is extremely relevant. A 120K debut weekend in the UK points to 750K+ month in the US NPD.

No.

That is a stretch. Could you point out any games where this kind of ratio has happened?

From what ive seen 120k uk week :- 600k month in the US.

Plus its not clear how frontloaded titanfall is. Untill we have som indication of what kid of legs it has, its too early to make predictions.

gtj1092

So was the Ps4 or 3DS still the leading console sold for the week? Usually when a system has a boost in sales they mention its relation to the others if it has taken the lead for that week. They will either mention how much percentage of total hardware sales it has for the week or just say "Leading all consoles in sales"

It's a decent boost, but the console had basically been forgotten up until it's release. what's the number? We need to know. are we sure of 125k~? That seems pretty good no?

It's over 125k copies of Titanfall sold across X1 and PC but this doesn't tell us anything about how many consoles were sold

US and UK markets are the closest in terms of sales trends. This is extremely relevant. A 120K debut weekend in the UK points to 750K+ month in the US NPD.

No.

Ok but we were originally talking about the doubling of weekly UK sales and the proposal of the same thing happening in the US to which I responded there are mitigating factors.

Microsoft sold 258,000 Xbox One's during February for an average of 64,500 per week in the US.

No price drop but a Titanfall bundle in the US is only half of the bonus the UK got so for one week they'll receive a 48% increase on one week and 24% on another.

95,460 + 79980 + 64500 + 64500

Therefore with my expert math skills Microsoft will sell 304,000 Xbox Ones in March in the US.

It's legit, take it to the bank.

Foshy

Whether this is good or not really depends on how many were sold last week. I know it sounds like much, but doubling last weeks sales isn't too impressive for the title that was hailed as the big next-gen system seller, coupled with a bundle.

Looking at japanese sales, for example, 3DS sales more than tripled the week Monster Hunter 4 released, and were already very high the week before (79k to 276k). Vita sales quadrupled with God Eater 2 (21k to 88k) and quintupled with Hatsune Miku (10k to 50k).

StuBurns

Banned
6,014,456 grunts killed.
1,347,450 Titans called.
18,324,506 frames dropped.
I can see the E3 conference right now.

"Earlier this year saw the release of the Xbox One exclusive (a little asterisk is displayed on the big screen behind him) TitanFall! And as of last week, we're so proud to announce the Cloud (a little tm is displayed on the big screen behind him) has received a phenomenal one billion player inputs! (an applause sign is displayed on the big screen behind him), thank you, the boys back in Redmond couldn't be happier right now."

iJudged

Banned
If it were huge numbers, they would give us numbers, instead the backhand twist 96% sounds much much better. It is most definitely not much at all.

Interesting. it says it doubled fifa's sales. Im assuming it doubled them _this week_ not doubled its launch week.

Edit: Assuming not even it's Week 1 (2014) week, just this week.

FeiRR

Banned
If I'm right, $500 is £300 and you need to add how much they pay for every copy of bundled TF (about £25?) If they are selling the bundle for £369 (which includes VAT and retailer profit), I don't think Microsoft has had much revenue from those sales. I know, there's the cost of Gold too (if those people didn't have it before) but there's also marketing. I don't think shareholders will be impressed (yet).

gtj1092

MS probably believed they didn't need it, sales here were neck and neck in February.

Well were sales neck and neck because demand was equal or because there were only so many Ps4s that could be sold. To me it doesn't make sense that every single console saw an increase in sales except the most popular console(Ps4). It seems that the Feburary NPD has people thinking that Ps4 and Xone are now equal.

Also companies have greater margins to work with when dropping prices in Europe and especially the UK. Usually the US price is the lowest it can be off the bat thats why MS didn't lower the price because they would if they could. Thus the gift cards and free game giveaways through Feburary.

If the sales were particularly impressive, especially in the US, don't you think the likes of EA would of been letting everyone know by now.? I hope it's done well but it's been pretty quiet since release

Putty

Meaningless with out actual console sales figures for previous week. Could be 96% based 3000 from the previous week, meaning 5880 this week...

You misunderstood the purpose of statistics you believe the number being larger than another is important.

Both sample sizes are comparatively white noise in comparison to the target data. What makes them important is the representation of the sample sizes, in comparison to the target data.

That's why a sample size of 1000 can be used to get rough representation of the trends of millions.

It was a bad point, I admit that, but I do understand statistics.

Obviously without numbers its hard to guage, but regardless this is a good result for xbone. It'll be interesting to see how long the increase in sales lasts.

Averon

It's strange how we've yet to get a big, glowing press release about how great Titanfall sold. EA and MS aren't ones to keep impressive numbers hidden.

Top Bottom