• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

BF4 looks a lot better, but bf4 was terrible in terms of bugs. Haven't had a single bug yet in Titanfall and i'm playing it right now on PC using exe.
You did not read what i said.

Also, lets not turn this into a battlefield vs titanfall visuals conversation, thats not my intention.

Bsigg12

Sorry, but I can't help my self sometimes when people are acting like it's something dangerous or severly immoral.. it's a VIDEO GAME

VIDEO GAME

Also i'm pretty sure what you just did is against TOS

EDIT: Yup it is

So who's the dick now

You're not adding anything of value to this thread posting shit like this. It doesn't create discussion about what the thread is about or even what the topic at hand is, you're just mocking another member because you find it funny. It's videogames, we know that, we're here to discuss them. If you can't handle that go to another site.

Wizman23

Banned
I won't go as far as worst looking game ever, but I do think the game looks graphically abysmal for a current gen title.

I have owned an Xbox One since midnight launch and have Titanfall already preloaded to my SSD on my PC.

Gamertag: KTgrim86
Origin ID: KTgrim86

The game looks bad, has nothing to do with avatars.

That said, the game is super fun.

Abysmal?? LOL ok whatever man.

xn0

I don't think making a couple posts about people screwing with beta files and using backdoor methods around the security to play the game early is harping. I have no issues whatsoever with anyone playing the game early legitimately.

It really isn't a "backdoor" method. If you look at the titanfall.exe the code is "encrypted" and requires the Activation64.dll and the first instruction of the binary is a NOP and a call to Core_Activation64_100. As long as you know what you are doing its pretty trivial to unpack the "encrypted" Titanfall binary and remove the requirements to the Activation64.dll (if they even exist after unpacking) by simply inserting a jmp instruction or nop it out completely and probably cleaning up the stack a bit, then skip right through to the launch subroutines. Looking at this TitanfallEarly.exe I'm going to say it took a skilled RE about 20 minutes to build this...tops :)

greenfish

Banned
You did not read what i said.

Also, lets not turn this into a battlefield vs titanfall visuals conversation, thats not my intention.

Wasn't mine either. Just saying titanfall is a LOT more stable than bf4 at launch. I also have many hours in bf4.

You're not adding anything of value to this thread posting shit like this. It doesn't create discussion about what the thread is about or even what the topic at hand is, you're just mocking another member because you find it funny. It's videogames, we know that, we're here to discuss them. If you can't handle that go to another site.

I have a question, how does adding "They've said they don't want people to use that method. They made it pretty clear yesterday. Supposedly they fixed that backdoor way around the security. I'm surprised mods haven't started warning people about continuing to bring this up."

any value what so ever?

God damn right i'm mocking him. He's acting like it's a sin to use a modified exe.

Okay Bruce Lee what ever you say.

Abysmal is a gross overstatement but it is subjective. For instance someone says BF4 multiplayer looks better but I prefer the graphics in titanfall due to its style.

The models aren't great and on a technical level it isn't amazing graphically but it still is aesthetically great.

I honestly don't get all the people saying the game looks terrible. I mean it's not mind-blowing by any means, but I think it looks just fine.

Milennia

Wasn't mine either. Just saying titanfall is a LOT more stable than bf4 at launch. I also have many hours in bf4.

I have a question, how does adding "They've said they don't want people to use that method. They made it pretty clear yesterday. Supposedly they fixed that backdoor way around the security. I'm surprised mods haven't started warning people about continuing to bring this up."

any value what so ever?

God damn right i'm mocking him. He's acting like it's a sin to use a modified exe.

Okay Bruce Lee what ever you say.
Oh yes it is for sure.
At launch i found battlefield to be unplayable to the definition of unplayable.
I love how the titanfall beta played, outside of the server bug, which they seem to have fixed, i experienced smooth gameplay and nothing felt unfair.
Although battlefield 4s beta didn't have nearly as many bugs and glitches as the full release, such as the crashing etc... Blew my mind.

Good hit registration and netcode is something I as a battlefield player do not yet understand and hope to get used to.

jediyoshi

Been working on some wallpapers

OesJ4oL.jpg

St6z4SH.png

Finishing up some IMC ones

Falifax

I honestly don't get all the people saying the game looks terrible. I mean it's not mind-blowing by any means, but I think it looks just fine.

What blows my mind is that people are judging the quality from compressed jpg pictures that aren't even in a native resolution.

greenfish

Banned
Oh yes it is for sure.
At launch i found battlefield to be unplayable to the definition of unplayable.
I love how the titanfall beta played, outside of the server bug, which they seem to have fixed, i experienced smooth gameplay and nothing felt unfair.
Although battlefield 4s beta didn't have nearly as many bugs and glitches as the full release, such as the crashing etc... Blew my mind.

Good hit registration and netcode is something I as a battlefield player do not yet understand and hope to get used to.

Yeah hit registration and battlefield I agree... wonder when that day will come when DICE finally fixes hitreg on battlefield series. Now in their defense battlefield maps are far far more complex vs titanfall. Still months later some of these bugs should have been adressed in alpha :/

God forbid someone try to warn people that they might get banned for playing early when multiple people from Respawn have stated it's not a good idea.

So.... someone needs another person to warn them it's not a good idea to use this exe to play this game early, okay...................

You know i'm pretty sure most of the online users are pretty much aware what they are doing. It's not like you can play the game as of right now without using exe or invite.

Maybe Respawn shouldn't you know.... HAVE SERVERS ONLINE FOR 48 hours? That's right PC servers are up and running by RESPAWN :)

Mechazawa

This server business isn't getting me anywhere. I know people are getting in, but I just spent 15 minutes hammering on my enter key trying to get in.

Ain't worth it. I'll check in again later and see if they've scaled the servers up any further.

A few posts ago someone said they ordered and already got their key, but it was a picture someone took of the code on a piece of paper. Right.

That is almost definitely not legit. In the "this is probably a cd-key reseller" form of not legit.

So.... someone needs another person to warn them it's not a good idea to use this exe to play this game early, okay...................

Maybe Respawn shouldn't you know.... HAVE SERVERS ONLINE FOR 48 hours? That's right PC servers are up and running by RESPAWN :)

Yes, I think it's a good idea for people to be reminded, and to have all available information shared with them. Some people miss posts or don't follow Vince on Twitter.

Servers need to be online early for testing and press to review the game. It would be a terrible idea to flip the switch as soon as the game goes live and hope nothing goes wrong.

greenfish

Banned
Yes, I think it's a good idea for people to be reminded, and to have all available information shared with them. Some people miss posts or don't follow Vince on Twitter.

Servers need to be online early for testing and press to review the game. It would be a terrible idea to flip the switch as soon as the game goes live and hope nothing goes wrong.

Fair enough. I'm playing right now, if they want to ban me for doing just that, fine by me. I'm well aware what i'm doing is not 100% alright by Respawn.

Timu

But i have over 400 hours in it.
If its broken and unplayable, i would have 0 and no longer play the game.
The fixes are coming along, as well as new bugs.
The amount of game breaking bullshit thats in the game is a fraction of what it once was, yet there is a presence.
Game isn't fixed by any means, but its also by no means unplayable.
I just wish people would ask the OT if something is fixed or not instead of making inevitable battlefield bashing threads.
It's netcode alone makes the game unplayable.:/

What blows my mind is that people are judging the quality from compressed jpg pictures that aren't even in a native resolution.
Most played the beta and Respawn confirmed it used the final textures. With confirmation it's 792p from counters, that makes it identical to the beta.

jediyoshi

Why do the websites with the best deals also look sketchy as fuck?

Because they're not authorized to sell the games in the first place, it's all grey market. Places like Amazon, GMG, gamefly, gamersgate actually get their keys from publishers.

Fair enough. I'm playing right now, if they want to ban me for doing just that, fine by me. I'm well aware what i'm doing is not 100% alright by Respawn.

Or EA at any manner.

It really isn't a "backdoor" method. If you look at the titanfall.exe the code is "encrypted" and requires the Activation64.dll and the first instruction of the binary is a NOP and a call to Core_Activation64_100. As long as you know what you are doing its pretty trivial to unpack the "encrypted" Titanfall binary and remove the requirements to the Activation64.dll (if they even exist after unpacking) by simply inserting a jmp instruction or nop it out completely and probably cleaning up the stack a bit, then skip right through to the launch subroutines. Looking at this TitanfallEarly.exe I'm going to say it took a skilled RE about 20 minutes to build this...tops :)
Nice. Thanks for the breakdown.

So i might have missed this because i can't bear to watch any more footage before i get my copy...

But... whats up with the "monsters"? Are there more than just in boneyard? Different types? Do any come into the map and screw with NPCs or humans? If not, they missed a cool opportunity.

How sweet would it be to see a group of NPCs fighting some monster, mid match, as it hauls one of their grunt buddies into the forest or something lol

Oh, this is good. Much more reputable site. Thank you.

Np, yeah I ordered from GMG too, thought about doing D2P a while back but reading their FAQs about taking pictures of cdkeys and no refunds put me off of the purchase. My credit card/paypal info was worth more than saving a few bucks

Milennia

So i might have missed this because i can't bear to watch any more footage before i get my copy...

But... whats up with the "monsters"? Are there more than just in boneyard? Different types? Do any come into the map and screw with NPCs or humans? If not, they missed a cool opportunity.

How sweet would it be to see a group of NPCs fighting some monster, mid match, as it hauls one of their grunt buddies into the forest or something lol

They are in airbase as well.
Basically just unkillable NPCs, the bird monsters swoop down and kill NPCs sometimes, thats as much as we know.

Navy Bean

Abysmal is a gross overstatement but it is subjective. For instance someone says BF4 multiplayer looks better but I prefer the graphics in titanfall due to its style.

The models aren't great and on a technical level it isn't amazing graphically but it still is aesthetically great.
This is exactly how I feel, but I don't game on PC so I'm not really an expert on these matters.

They are in airbase as well.
Basically just unkillable NPCs, the bird monsters swoop down and kill MPCs sometimes, thats as much as we know.

Ok, that's pretty cool. I hope there are a decent variety... just a very neat touch and really sells the atmosphere and "space colonizing" vibe.

Saw this pop up on CAG for anyone wanting the PC version for $50

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/titanfall-na/
XXYB8X-LHFV73-66QFG8

I'm |------| close to double-dipping.

Games that looked like this on launch day.

Yes.

I consider this.

On my brand new $500.00 console, abysmal.
Agree.

Nowhere near the expectations people have of next-gen gaming. But it's a cross-gen game, so I'm not particularly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom